• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Problems with TacPro Shooting Center

davwil

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2007
Hill country in Texas
I'm generally not one to complain but I have a situation that I feel I should pass along and maybe save someone else an unnecessary headache/nightmare.

First, I have a couple of AI rifles and love them. After seeing another hide member post pictures of an AI "covert" model, I called TacPro and ordered one. It has been paid for since that time. That was in December of 2007. I'm still trying to get it.

The excuses for not being able to deliver the gun would fill a book. I've talked to practically everyone that's worked there over the last couple of years (and the names have changed, as the employees come and go). The only one that won't return my calls is the owner Bill Davidson.

I've been told:

...the gun was on backorder
...the gun was there but the barrel needed to be changed
...Bill had to design the silencer and hadn't done so yet
...Bill couldn't find anyone to make the silencer
...the gun was there but they were waiting on Jet to complete the silencer
...the gun wasn't there yet
...Jet didn't get the silencer order
...Jet would be shipping the silencer
...the gun wasn't there
and the latest,
the gun is there but they are getting another party besides Jet to make the silencer.

After almost 2 1/2 years I'm at a loss at what to do... other than taking legal action, which I'd rather not do. I just want what I purchased.

Is anyone having similar problems with TacPro or know how to contact Bill Davidson? Frankly, I'm not sure if I would get a straight answer if I were able to talk to him.

The frustrating thing is they can't even provide me with a serial number for the silencer so I can get the paperwork started for the transfer. That alone will probably add another 6 months to any delivery date.

Based on my experiences thus far, TacPro certainly doesn't get my recommendation for someone to do business with.

Re: Problems with TacPro Shooting Center

Thanks. I understand the Jet issue but it's a little bit of a stretch for them to wait wait this long to switch suppressor manufacturers. And, Jet says they never even placed an order (it become like a computer problem where everyone points fingers). Supposedly, TacPro or Bill, has changed manufacturers now three or four times. At least that's what the employees have told me. Again, it's starting to smell. You'd think he could pick up the fucking phone and give me a straight answer. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Just recently but it's a four hour drive one way and if he's "never there" when I've called over the last two years (and won't return calls), I'd hate to make the trip for nothing. Than may be what I have to do....camp on their doorstep. Not anyway to run a business in my opinion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wirehand</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do a search on JET and all will become clear. </div></div>

He didn't buy a damn thing from JET, not their problem, it is TAC PRO's.

Also notice that JET is only used for half of the excuses.

I really don't want to spend anymore money with them by using their range.

The gun prices have gone up probably 20% since then and the silencer was priced into the package. They probably would like me to get a refund now. If I could talk to anyone with any authority to do something maybe I'll try to get just the gun, 16" barrel, etc., without the suppressor. Again, the same problem...can't get a straight answer. Thanks for the suggestions however.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boltripper sits on his hands </div></div>

come on that's not being true to your nature
laugh.gif

I think there is probably trouble on both sides of the coin. There have been a ton of changes at Tacpro over the last several years, and Jet is just a <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline">disaster </span></span></span>of a company.

My suggestion is to see if you can get a refund on the suppressor and just pick up the gun. Then call and get a Shark suppressor.

Best of luck in your quest. You have every reason to be pissed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: davwil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Than may be what I have to do....camp on their doorstep. </div></div>

I wouldn't recommend that based on the attack geese alone, plus Bill considers his personal property to be very personal - you might end up with a berm named after you.

In all seriousness, I haven't been to TacPro in years; you wouldn't be having these issues if Alice was still there. The Bill I knew wouldn't intentionally screw you - but selling stuff wasn't his forte. Maybe show up during a 1000yd qualifying day (if he still has those), pickup the rifle without the silencer, ask for a refund but be ready to settle for a store credit. Maybe when they said "the rifle isn't here" the barrel was being threaded for the silencer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: davwil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">almost 2 1/2 years </div></div>

Dude...

I shot the 1000 qualifier about eight to ten years ago. Alice was very nice and helpful. She was by herself and I asked her if she was worried about being there by herself. She just smiled. I fiqured she was a much better shot then most.
What happened to Alice?
Tipy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tipy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Alice was very nice and helpful. She was by herself and I asked her if she was worried about being there by herself. She just smiled. I fiqured she was a much better shot then most.
What happened to Alice?
Tipy </div></div>

Alice is a phenomenal shooter, former national UK champion (definitely can outshoot most guys here); here she is at SHOT 2010:
http://www.accuracyinternational.us/ax-series-rifles-413

I am not sure what Tac Pro has done, but we aren't able to get our AI rifles rebarreled there anymore. We have had 6 done within the past year and have 2 more that are ready. We are told we have to send them to the east coast now instead of driving down there. Doesn't Bill live there? He was always there when we drove in.