• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Re: Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Thanks Unknown, that was both humbling and fun!

Hope you all had fun. I was climbing around in a fish boat from 10:00-8:00 non stop.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bigwheels</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope you all had fun. I was climbing around in a fish boat from 10:00-8:00 non stop. </div></div>

And you weren't even fishing while doing it BW... lol...

A huge Thank You to Unknown for setting this up. It was a great way to spend a Saturday, and I'm looking forward to the next one.
grin.gif

I only got a couple shots of the match since as I was trying to focus more on the match itself...

IMG_1465.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

Unknown,

How did the match go?? I just got home late last night. I would like to sign up for the next one. What are the next dates and times? Are the orientation part of the time used for the match or is it on a seperate day?

Hey guys sorry I had to bail for work, I don't regret it though I got to meet some cool people who like to shoot. Thanks to Unknown for putting in all that work into getting it approved. Also, thanks to tony for letting me borrow that mag. I've been searching high and low for that damn thing, still can't figure out where the hell that damn thing went!

Heathenrifleman,
If you need mags for an AI mag setup, I have a couple you can use. I have one 5 rounder for the AE setup, and two 10 rounders for the AW setup.

I'm waiting to hear back from the club's range officer about when I can set up the next match. The range officer from the club who was watching liked what he saw, and is therefor recommending the discipline to go forward.

That is a huge compliment to the people who showed up. Everyone was safe, behaved like gentlemen, and in short acted like the kind of people that the club is OK with having shooting there. Thanks so very much, guys.

For the next match, I'm lobbying to move the orientation to 8 am on the day of the match, with the match setup starting about 10-10:30AM. I think that will make it easier for people to both complete the orientation, and those who have already completed it can sleep in a little longer.

I have to get TeamSendIt's steel back to him...so if anyone else has steel they can bring, please let me know. I have eight pieces, Broker has two pieces, and AD1 said he has some. So we are well on our way to having all our own steel.

I'll continue to post more information as I get it. I have asked to get the range for the 3rd saturday in July, orientation starting at 8 am, match directly afterwards.

Thanks again to all the participants who helped me make a good impression...that is HUGE!

Hey Guys, Good news and Bad news.

The GOOD news: I had a wonderful trip to Yakima, WA to visit JD Thomas of HSSS. Great guy, very easy to work with. Keep him at or near the top of your list for gunsmiths to work on your rifles for you. Stellar precision, excellent services, excellent prices.

The BAD news: I stopped in at "Outdoors Unlimited" (formally known as Sportsmens Warehouse) in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho on my way back. I was shopping for Hodgdon reloading powder, in particular, H-1000. Was shocked to see that Outdoors Unlimited had raised the price of H-1000 by $7 per pound. No shit. The price went from $22 and change to $29 and change. I personally talked to the head of the Firearms department and he said it was because of "demand during the election year" and "politics". He also said that by election time, "We will be happy to find powder at $38 a pound".

When I got back here to Whitefish Montana, I checked the prices locally for H-1000. It's still $22 and change around here <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">except for one asshole who says there "is an election year powder shortage" and he raised his prices to $28 and change per pound.</span></span>

For what it's worth, Powder Valley online still lists H-1000 at $20.55 per pound with plenty in stock. And 8 pound kegs are listed at $145.00, also in stock.

The Vultures are coming out, guys. Just like the "Primer Shortage" of a few years ago, those who are willing to rape us reloaders financially are already moving to do so. I recommend you put together the largest group buys you can afford to so you have more than enough powder until this "election year powder shortage" blows over.

My ¢2

It might be a good idea for us to be prepared when we go shopping and show that the same powder is available for $20.55 per pound VS $29 per pound. Let them know we see that as simple price gouging. Sure, we have to pay shipping and hazmat, but if we get together with a number of fellows to place a large order of kegs, we can spread that amount out, and end up with the powder at about $25 per pound delivered (including shipping and hazmat).

I'll admit that it must be nice to have reasonably priced components so close to where you live. I wouldn't want to live in California, but I would enjoy powder at $20.55 per pound.

Well, I'm leaving for Tx in the morning. I have to bring a friend, & some of his stuff to his new place, & pick up a diesel powered compressor in Salt Lake City for transport for his boss to midland Tx. Stay a couple days helping with some engines, & bring an antique pump back up here for his bosses dad. 4000 miles in 6 days. Fun huh.....

The same things is happening in the "Used to be Sportsman's Warehouse" that is renamed to "Wholesale Sports" that is in Silverdale.

First time I buy a box of 168gr AMAX for my .308 it was 22.00, next time I go in same box is 26.99, next time I go in the price is 32.00

At first I thought Wholesale Sports was an improvement over Sportsmans Warehouse. But, over time I've come to see that it is just another life sucking corporate store that can care less about the community or fairness. The stock has gotten better, but the prices continue to rise. I hardly ever shop there any more. I can get my bullets from Midway for far less .... even with midways shitty shipping charges. Unfortuntately, it's still cheaper to buy thier overpriced powder than it is to get it online. It's the hazmat and shipping that kills ya.

The really really sad part of it all is that those two companies together put all the local mom and pop shops out of business within a 50 mile radius of my house. So, no one bothers to carry most of thier stuff anymore. So, it's the only place within a 2 hour drive that you can go for the product.

It's actually really sad.

Muttt I either buy from McCourt or Copper Creek here on the hide. They are WAY cheaper and the loads they work up are IMO better than the off the shelf. If you need it quicker go to Ammo Surplus in Lakewood...

Perhaps a bunch of us should put together an order for a few kegs, or pounds of various types of powder. That way, we can all share in the hazmat, and shipping to really bring down our prices. In stead of paying $20 shipping, and $30 (or whatever it is) for hazmat all by yourself, we could split the $50 among 5-8 of us who want a bunch of powder.

Something to think about... Many local gun clubs put together powder orders for members for just this reason.

I will need 8# of n150 pretty soon if you want to split the hazmat.

Broker and I went out to DNR land SW of Moses Lake and had an EPIC day. Tricky wind and loads of mirage slowed down the hit ratio but none the less it was a great day. Walking the targets out to the impact area sucked ass though. Need a 4x4 atv next time out.
Broker smacked the 12" and 8" plate at 940 in a 1.2 mil cross wind. We both took a few swipes at a 4" plate at 940 but the best we could do was hit the fire hose and skim the bottom of the target. Dial elevation and hold for wind.
Great shooting Nick

Yeah we did, lol. I will hit that 4" next time. I now see why the 6mm is so hot. The come ups and adjustments were ridiculous compared to mine...

ssatt68 has some awesome ideas for matches including team matches next year. I'm super stoked...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker and I went out to DNR land SW of Moses Lake and had an EPIC day. Tricky wind and loads of mirage slowed down the hit ratio but none the less it was a great day. Walking the targets out to the impact area sucked ass though. Need a 4x4 atv next time out.
Broker smacked the 12" and 8" plate at 940 in a 1.2 mil cross wind. We both took a few swipes at a 4" plate at 940 but the best we could do was hit the fire hose and skim the bottom of the target. Dial elevation and hold for wind.
Great shooting Nick</div></div>

I have a feeling i know exactly where that chunk of land is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah we did, lol. I will hit that 4" next time. I now see why the 6mm is so hot. The come ups and adjustments were ridiculous compared to mine...

ssatt68 has some awesome ideas for matches including team matches next year. I'm super stoked...</div></div>

did you check out the property in quincy??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TeamSendIt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ssatt68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Broker and I went out to DNR land SW of Moses Lake and had an EPIC day. Tricky wind and loads of mirage slowed down the hit ratio but none the less it was a great day. Walking the targets out to the impact area sucked ass though. Need a 4x4 atv next time out.
Great shooting Nick</div></div>

I have a feeling i know exactly where that chunk of land is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah we did, lol. I will hit that 4" next time. I now see why the 6mm is so hot. The come ups and adjustments were ridiculous compared to mine...

ssatt68 has some awesome ideas for matches including team matches next year. I'm super stoked...</div></div>

did you check out the property in quincy?? </div></div>

You do! Lol... I told him it's where you had your last match.

I totally spaced the Quincy property man, sorry. It's been a hellacious week and I went full retard and forgot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Muttt I either buy from McCourt or Copper Creek here on the hide. They are WAY cheaper and the loads they work up are IMO better than the off the shelf. If you need it quicker go to Ammo Surplus in Lakewood... </div></div>

Yeah,

That place is top notch. I get all my AR15 uppers and lowers from them. Can't beat thier price. Good bunch of guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps a bunch of us should put together an order for a few kegs, or pounds of various types of powder. That way, we can all share in the hazmat, and shipping to really bring down our prices. In stead of paying $20 shipping, and $30 (or whatever it is) for hazmat all by yourself, we could split the $50 among 5-8 of us who want a bunch of powder.

Something to think about... Many local gun clubs put together powder orders for members for just this reason. </div></div>

That's not a bad idea.

Although I really enjoy shooting my 308's, I'm finding that the 6.5 bores I own (260 Remington, and 6.5 Grendels) are hard to beat. I'm sure sold on that bore size now. If/when I get one of the other rifles I have based on the 308 re-barreled, it will probably be to another 260.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I've got my eye on a rifle I want, and to promote harmony in my house I should probably sell something before I buy another rifle. Therefore my spare .260 rifle is up for sale. If anyone local is interested I'd be happy not to have to ship it, and lower the price a little.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3403980#Post3403980 </div></div>

Wish you sold this before you sold you .308 I bought from you.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Although I really enjoy shooting my 308's, I'm finding that the 6.5 bores I own (260 Remington, and 6.5 Grendels) are hard to beat. I'm sure sold on that bore size now. If/when I get one of the other rifles I have based on the 308 re-barreled, it will probably be to another 260. </div></div>

That's what I want in the future, a .260. Need to buy the reloading equipment for that caliber before I switch over.. or I'll just sneak over to MG's house to play with his setup.

I have 4 .308 but since I got my 260 done, that is all i shoot. Not going back to .308 for a long time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ryo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Market Garden</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys, I've got my eye on a rifle I want, and to promote harmony in my house I should probably sell something before I buy another rifle. Therefore my spare .260 rifle is up for sale. If anyone local is interested I'd be happy not to have to ship it, and lower the price a little.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3403980#Post3403980 </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Wish you sold this before you sold you .308 I bought from you.
wink.gif
</span>

That's what I want in the future, a .260. Need to buy the reloading equipment for that caliber before I switch over.. or I'll just sneak over to MG's house to play with his setup. </div></div>

I'll sell you this one too.
laugh.gif

Well howdy from Texas guys, & gals. I just spent the last 3 days hauling a diesel powered air compressor to Odessa. The mountains in south Utah are real nice, but too hot for my liking. It was 106* for several hours this afternoon, & was only 102* on arrival. There would be some awesome shooting down here if it wasn't so darn hot. Should be back home for next week. I need to do some steel banging asap!

I've been enjoying the mild temperatures here. I've got a buddy who is interested in shooting next weekend and I was thinking about hitting the spot in Acme one day next weekend.

Mild temps huh? Its 8:45 am. & its already about 80* down here. I've already decided that I don't like Texas. Heading for home on Sat.

I'm asking that the Nisqually sportsman's club allow me to hold another rifle match on 21 July. I haven't heard back yet, so it isn't confirmed. Orientation for new shooters would start at 8am, match starting at 10am (ish).

I'll post more information if I get confirmation for the range reservation on that date. The range officer has to ask the board of directors to approve giving me the range for that date. I'm pretty optimistic about it though as I have complied with all the requests, and/or recommendations that they have made.

I just got confirmation from Upper Nisqually Sportsman's club that we have the 550 yard range on 21 July for a practical rifle match from 8am to 4pm.

Orientation for new shooters will begin at a more civilized 8am, with the match starting at 10am.

Bring steel and stands if you got 'em. I have 8 pieces, Broker has 2 pieces, and I know that a couple of the fellows from the last match have some. So, the more steel that shows up, the more diversity in the courses of fire we can generate.

I'll come up with some general concepts for the match, but final stage design will of course depend on how much steel shows up. This way of doing things is both good and bad.

The bad part is that I really can't tell people what the actual round count will be, but it will be at least 40-50 rounds. Last match I fired 100 rounds...at least that is how many empty cases I came home with.

The good part is that by not knowing what the course of fire is until the match, we find out who is able to adapt quickly to come out on top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Unknown</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bring steel and stands if you got 'em. I have 8 pieces, Broker has <span style="text-decoration: line-through">2</span> <span style="color: #FF0000">3</span> pieces, and I know that a couple of the fellows from the last match have some. So, the more steel that shows up, the more diversity in the courses of fire we can generate.
</div></div>

Lol...

Yippee, the more the better. I have a couple of extra stands and T posts now if that helps anyone.

I cant beileve I just found found this thread, by accident at that. I have been wondering where I could shoot longer 200 yards forever.

I literally sold my big dog steel targets on thursday because I couldnt find anywhere to shoot. I shot them once with a 45 lol.

I'm a total newb at long range but damn I could've learned a lot by now.

I listed my 1 long range rifle for sale on a Seattleguns the other day! Maybe I will have to reconsider selling.

Subscribed!

Well crap, cant make this one as it falls on the old lady's birthday. I do have some steel you guys can shoot at however.

Shit. I've got a rifle class on the 21st. I hope to make it to next month's match though!

Welcome Lionsden !
Be sure to check out the SHWW ( SnipersHide Western Washington )thread in the members link up also as we go between both of them.

Good job Unknown on setting up another match, I know its not said enough but it is appreciated for the work your doing.

I have a rough draft for the next rifle match. Practice up your kneeling, offhand, and seated positions. I'm trying to figure out how to balance using true field type positions with most people's desire to shoot from prone too. All the positions are useful, so I'm trying to balance things out. Here is sort of what I'm thinking about.

Generally, shooters have to try at least 3 times to hit a target before moving on, after 3 tries, they have to move on though. This prevents people from only shooting at easy targets for points. Besides, gaming the courses is prohibited. 1 point per hit on steel.

1: 20 rounds or 180 seconds max. Two 8 inch rounds at 100 yards. Shooters can use offhand, or kneeling position only. Begin at low ready. If you have two consecutive misses, you have to change to the other position. Hit plates as often as you can within these parameters.

2. Two 5.5 x 8.5 inch rectangles at 300 yards, one IPSC target at 550. Begin seated behind available support that will offer some helpful support such as a barrel or log. You will begin in an overwatch type position, rifle loaded, safety on. On signal engage close targets once, then far target. Repeat as many times as possible within the 20 round/120 second max.

3. Three 6 inch squares at 200 yards, one 10 inch round at 400 yards. Begin at low ready. 20 round/120 second max. On start signal engage small targets, then far target. Repeat until ammo or time runs out.

4. One misc target at 100 yards, one at 300 yards. Begin seated, unsupported. 20 rounds/120 seconds max. On start signal, engage targets at each distance.

Remember that you have to make 3 attempts to hit a target before moving on, and after 3 misses, you MUST change to another target. This will apply on all stages except #1.

Although this match looks simple, I suspect it will be a whole bunch tougher than it looks. Although there are 80 points possible, I will be stunned if anyone gets over 50.

There are a number of reasons I think posting what I'm thinking of doing at the match is a good idea. One of the big ones is that it might get us all to practice something other than shooting from prone position.

This is the general idea will be used at the match, however, it is subject to change depending on how much steel shows up. But the general direction, or idea of the match is above.

MATCH LIMITED TO THE FIRST TEN PEOPLE WHO SIGN UP

DAMN IT .... LOL.

That is the weekend Combat Veterans International is having thier National Meeting. I kinda gotta be there .... since I am a Chapter officer and my Chapter is hosting the meeting. We'll be there from Thur to Monday. I would just sneak away for the match. But, the actual meeting is on the 21st. I was really looking forward to attending the match.

Lionsden,

You can come over to either Bremerton (Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club) or to Poulsbo Sportsmans Club. Both have a range that goes to 200. Either range charges 10 bucks to shoot. Either range is just a short ferry ride over on the Coupeville ferry over to Port Townsend and then just go south to highway 3.

Lionsden. Pm me if you want to shoot from 750-1250yd. I know a few places.

Lionsden,
I have been to one of Bigwheels' shooting sites, and it was great. Broker and I had a terrific time shooting with him. Bigwheels is a good guy and a great host. The view of the valley from the place where we were shooting was spectacular.

Well. I'm finally home. 5days of driving 15 hrs, & about 850 miles each day. I have decided that west Texas sux, especially during summer. It was 102-104* during the day, & 80-85* at night.
Saw some awesome places to shoot down there tho. There were some spots where I could see about 5-7 miles. That should push my limits a bit. But now I'm home & need to get out for some steel ringing time.

Bigwheels, are you heading up there this weekend? If you are and don't mind the company I have a new load in need of testing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AD1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bigwheels, are you heading up there this weekend? If you are and don't mind the company I have a new load in need of testing. </div></div>

if you don't mind one more i might be interested. I'm only shooting an ar. and maybe ad1 we can carpool, i live in the lakes area in kent.

Which day? I wouldn't mind making a quick stop to get some long range data with my new experimental rifle.
laugh.gif

DSC_87392.jpg

Apparently I'll be boating on Saturday, so I'll be shooting Sunday.

I'd join you gents, but I'm literally out of ammo and just ordered some more lol...

I may be bringing along a buddy who is interested in LR shooting. I'll definitely be there Sunday.

Im in for Sunday. AD1 and I might be carpooling together from Kent. Where are you thinking of meeting up and what time? Do you have any steel to shoot at?