• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Greetings! New to the site. Looks like this is a good thread to watch for. Hope to learn lots from you guys, maybe some day even shoot next to ya!

A few shooters have had to withdraw from the UNSC match so there are a few open spots for this Saturday if anyone is interested.

I have withdraws from the UNSC matches.... Oh I see what you mean :)

Great match today shooter! Man I have a blast out their with you group of shooter! Look forward to seeing you guys at Jakes Match.

I have 1,000 Fed LR Mag primers if anyone needs them. Make a fair offer and I'll meet you within reason.

IMG_0672-0011-472x630.jpg

It's a good day and was a great game, " if your us"....got a question on different subject though., has any one camo painted their own rifle ? What paint did you use ? any advice would be helpful... other than having it done profesionaly, things are just a little to tight around here for that right now.

I painted my own. Used Krylon camo series spray paint. Just take your time and tape off everything well then go to town.

I have a small compressor and spray gun..if someone has some sort of oven we could have a painting group get together. There is one kind of Cerekote that doesn't require an oven, and other paints that seem to work well without requiring a heat cure.

I would be interested in such a gathering..

DuraCoat doesn't require heat to dry... If your just gonna spray paint it is nice to "spray" on a little touch up.

Love the post Nick! Kinda felt bad for them...lol! Has there ever been a close out game like that? I'll try to drop by with a map this week. My 338 barrel is being delivered tomorrow. So i'll be at the range the next few days. But I'm sure I can swing by. Got to keep searching for good spots.

Guys, on your stocks...nice job! I just got done with mine. I used Kryon camo and used the webbing spray(dead sage brush look), then satin clear. Looks like it would blend right in to Eastern Wa and OR/ID varmint country. I might post a pic in the DIY forum under stock painting(existing thread)

great help everyone, i'm pretty new to the tac scene. I have most of my experience building hunting rifles wood stocks and checkering, most of it learned through the the school of hard knocks. Its nice not having to go through all the trial and error yourself.....thanks... steve

One more thing, you guys in the belfair, shelton to oly areas green daimond is giving out land use passes for a yearly fee. I understand there will be only a given no. of passes per area but i dont know the details for sure. They said this is experamental for now.....just a heads up....steve

One more thing, you guys in the belfair, shelton to oly areas green daimond is giving out land use passes for a yearly fee. I understand there will be only a given no. of passes per area but i dont know the details for sure. They said this is experamental for now.....just a heads up....steve

Just a heads up from the FAQ page Recreation on Green Diamond Lands You can not Target shoot but you may hunt. I know that some would get the motorized pass and Carpool to go shoot but I would hate to see anyone here get cought in that trap. Still SGM good lookin out.

It seems like a lot of Leased land does not allow Target shooting only legal hunting. The State managed land/Forest is where you need to go to shoot. Too bad, unlike Oregon, they go not manage the land here quite as "hard" as other States... Im not trying to slam you SGM I just dont want to see people take information the wrong way and end up in a bad place.

Last edited:
Just a heads up from the FAQ page Recreation on Green Diamond Lands You can not Target shoot but you may hunt. I know that some would get the motorized pass and Carpool to go shoot but I would hate to see anyone here get cought in that trap. Still SGM good lookin out.

I wonder if squirrel, sage rat, varmint hunting counts, or if it is restricted to game like deer and elk? I wouldn't want to wreck things for big game hunters, but it may be worth looking into the definition of hunting..

Because I hear all kinds of wisdom at a gun counter I've decided to share some it... According to someone who knows more than me because they've been shooting longer than I've been alive blah blah blah, a 77gr .223 bullet noses up and destabilizes at 500 yards. And anyone saying they've shot anything beyond that is a bullshitter...

Because I hear all kinds of wisdom at a gun counter I've decided to share some it... According to someone who knows more than me because they've been shooting longer than I've been alive blah blah blah, a 77gr .223 bullet noses up and destabilizes at 500 yards. And anyone saying they've shot anything beyond that is a bullshitter...

You're a bullshitter Nick.

Kevin, if Nick heard it, that now it must be gospel, Jesus and I thought I was onto something with those 77 grainers, oh well back to the drawing board. Nick it must be "f" hard to bite your tongue when you hear such wisdom at work. Anyways they seem to work out well for me at Eatonville but I think its a little of the black magic vodoo I have sprinkled on them every now and again.

Kevin, if Nick heard it, that now it must be gospel, Jesus and I thought I was onto something with those 77 grainers, oh well back to the drawing board. Nick it must be "f" hard to bite your tongue when you hear such wisdom at work. Anyways they seem to work out well for me at Eatonville but I think its a little of the black magic vodoo I have sprinkled on them every now and again.

Marty have you ever known me of all people to bite my tongue? Lol...

I would tell people that I saw you make hits at 900+ with 77gr .223's but then I'd be known as a bullshitter too.

Can't have that.

Instead you'll just be known as being in denial. Kind of like being in the closet... but still gay. :p

Add: And I can't have people under the impression that I've ever shot at any distance beyond 100 yards from a bench with a lead sled and 1 shot groups.

Instead you'll just be known as being in denial. Kind of like being in the closet... but still gay. :p

Add: And I can't have people under the impression that I've ever shot at any distance beyond 100 yards from a bench with a lead sled and 1 shot groups.

I do my best groups with just one shot.

If Nick SAID it, that now it must be gospel!:eek: ... I think its a little of the black magic vodoo I have sprinkled on them 77's every now and again.

Marty, are you bringing 3 coats, 5 hats, a couple blankies and a binkie to Chris's shoot?:eek: I did a little walking in the woods today in 2' of snow. It was okay if 1) you didn't stop and 2) you were able to stay out of the fooking wind. Don't you think Chris should bring covered/heated/moving shooting stations this Saturday, to protect us from the elements? ;)

Marty, are you bringing 3 coats, 5 hats, a couple blankies and a binkie to Chris's shoot?:eek: I did a little walking in the woods today in 2' of snow. It was okay if 1) you didn't stop and 2) you were able to stay out of the fooking wind. Don't you think Chris should bring covered/heated/moving shooting stations this Saturday, to protect us from the elements? ;)

A little or maybe even a lot of good whiskey should take that nip off lol...

I was originally going to stand out on the parade route tomorrow in my speedos to prepare myself for Vantage, but i figured the crowd might be distracted from the Hawks. So on second thoughts lots of layers, lots of cigarettes and a bottle of Southern Comfort, should help me out greatly instead. A burn barrel would be great Craig.

I was originally going to stand out on the parade route tomorrow in my speedos to prepare myself for Vantage

I'm going to need more than a burn barrel, perhaps a truckload of tires, to burn the image from my head of you standing in front of the pike place market in your speedos, cigarette (s) dangling from your mouth depending on how much is left in the bottle of southern comfort in hand, and of course your duty belt... Aye yi yi....:eek:

Can anyone find my 2014 JC Steel Target Challenge thread? For some reason I can not find it! Strange