• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

Just did a web search for "2014 jcsteel" and it showed a link to the hide, but when clicked it just takes you to a page that says invalid thread specified

Cause it got deleted Jake, I guess this stuff with the PRS is getting deep

Sure hope that's not the case, that has a lot of our match info, etc, etc on it. I have guys that are going to RO on there, that I am going to contact, Sure hope not. Would be sad

Sure hope that's not the case, that has a lot of our match info, etc, etc on it. I have guys that are going to RO on there, that I am going to contact, Sure hope not. Would be sad
Well sir it appears to be the case, the thread was deleted by Rob, I suppose you can take it up with Frank, but I don't think we will see any information on PRS related matches posted here in the future, a quick search the Brawl is still there and I suppose a few others, maybe its not PRS related at all. I guess we will have to wait to hear from himself. Is Norcal PRS related this year, that thread is still there

Last edited:
Deleting threads with PRS matches all to get people to join another group? Yeah that's going to work... I'm a little more than disappointed if that's the case since certain matches like Jake's are more about supporting organizations like The Jubilee Youth Ranch than they are about the PRS.

They un-deleted it then, because it certainly wasn't there this morning.

I was originally going to stand out on the parade route tomorrow in my speedos to prepare myself for Vantage, but i figured the crowd might be distracted from the Hawks. So on second thoughts lots of layers, lots of cigarettes and a bottle of Southern Comfort, should help me out greatly instead. A burn barrel would be great Craig.

Marty==> Those look like tighty whities, not speedos, whatupp with that??

I have a heated shoot house just for you marty, Its big, blue and made of plastic with a wizard on the side and a neat little door latch that is green then red if you flip the lock! Just don't fall in! We are gonna have a "best LE shooter at this match as well"
Just to remind everyone the rd count is 80 and we will have sign in at 0730.
Chris

Tibor and I were planning to attend the match this weekend but something has come up so we'll not be able to now. Not a bad thing I think as I'm not fond of frost bite. Was looking forward to giving my DPMS a run in a match. Oh well S#!t happens. Have fun. Be safe and try to stay warm.

Everyone heading over to vantage for this weekends shoot,

I can bring some AR500 targets over if you would like to save on freight. Please just let me know sometime tonight, Send me a text or shoot me a PM and we will get it handled. Thanks Guys!!

Deleting threads with PRS matches all to get people to join another group? Yeah that's going to work... I'm a little more than disappointed if that's the case since certain matches like Jake's are more about supporting organizations like The Jubilee Youth Ranch than they are about the PRS.

Don't jump in the cool aid if you don't know the flavor.

I know last UNSC match a few guys were talking about considering different calibers/wants a external ballistic advantage so here is a 6.5x47 Barreled Action I have local that may be just what someone looking for?! For the price+a chassis/stock you cant beat it unless you plan on doing a full out custom for the extra $$$. Oh and no S+I or FFL Fee :)

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...eled-action-timney-pt-g-swag.html#post2951926

During our regularly scheduled match on March 01,2014, many (if not most) of our regular shooters will be attending a different match in Eastern Washington.

We thought this would allow us the opportunity to allow new shooters, and those people who have had passing interest in our practical rifle program to try out the props, shoot steel at various distances, and familiarize themselves with the program without the pressure of jumping into a match for their first exposure.

So, on March 1, 2014 we will begin an orientation/familiarization program at 08:30. This program will include safety issues, rules, scoring, and most importantly, shooting steel at various distance using our various props. We would like to have 5-6 shooters who have shot in at least 3 matches to assist the newcomers. Everyone, including the experienced shooters will get to take lots of turns on the various props. Experienced shooters can use this session to coach, and to practice.

By allowing the more experienced shooters to shoot from the props, the newcomers will be able to see different techniques and gear in use.

Range fees will be $15 for non-members of Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club, and $10 for members.

Please remember:

1. Check all your bullets with a magnet as no bullets witn any ferrous content will be allowed.

2. The maximum power level for all cartridges is rounds similar to 30-06, and 8mm Mauser. NO MAGNUMS.

3. Eye and ear protection is required.

If you are interested in attending as a participant, or coach, please send a return email back letting us know you will be there.

Anton

4-12-14 3 gun Match @ NCW gun Club E. Wenatchee WA

Hello,
This match is limited to 21 competitors. This is an individual competitor event.
Cost is $90.00 per shooter ( includes WA state sales tax, small lunch, range fees, and a tee shirt.) Make checks payable to NCW Gun Club RE 3gun match.
Mail to: NCW Gun Club POB 1811 Wenatchee WA 98807
There will be a minimal prize table with top 3 receiving a cash pay out of $300.00, $150.00, and $75.00. Any prizes that are donated will be handed out starting from the bottom of the finish order.
Match location is NCW Gun Club in East Wenatchee WA
Match date 4-12-14. Sign in @ 7:00AM. Mandatory safety meeting 7:30AM.
Parts of the match will be self ROed
This is a 3 gun competition using a pistol, carbine, and precision rifle.
There will be running and gunning on a couple of stages. You will need a sling for your carbine.
Pistol shots to 50 yards. Carbine shots to 250 yards. rifle shots to 950 yards with one target @ 1760 yards.
All targets will be known distance.
Round count: 230 rounds pistol, 100 rounds carbine, 50 rounds rifle.
Recommended gear:
Semi auto pistol with enough magazines to hold 50 rounds. A secure holster for the pistol that will allow running with the pistol holstered.Mag pouches to hold spare mags, A way to carry ~100 rounds of loose ammo.
Semi auto rifle with at least 3 magazines and a sling that will allow you to run with a slung rifle.
Precision rifle with dope to 950 yards and dope for 1760 yards. Rifle may be bolt or semi, but NO magnums and a speed limit of 3150FPS.
You will have intermittent access to your vehicle.
Bring food and water as needed, although we will supply a sparse lunch and water, there will not be a break for lunch.
Feel free to email, text, or call with any questions.
Thanks!
Jim
509-860-0974

Last edited:
I have for sale 1000 Federal 215 magnum large rifle primers and 1000 Federal large rifle magnum match primers for sale.
Local pick up only.
215 match: $45.00 - 1000. SOLD
215 standard: $35.00- 1000. SOLD

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I need some H CFE powder. I have tons of other powder primers and bullets to trade for it. Happy to buy as well. If anybody can spare a pound or 2 let me know

I have 1000 CCI#500 SP Primers if anyone needs. Asking $40

Also have 1000 Fed LR Mag primers also $40 FTF in Bremerton area.

the only justice for smith would be trial from our troops the end result i won't post! But to change the subject for moment has anyone shot 178 amax from a 308 at 1k I'm shooting 2650fps and have always shot 175smk but want a back up bullet when i cant find smk. Looking for actual range expeirence. posted on the range treads but no actual range time on this bullet yet any thing you can throw at me on this would be welcome!.....steve

sgm, I've never loaded for that cal, but my 338 equally liked Berger OTM's and SMK's. Hornadys Match was awful. They measured up to .055 difference on my gauge. Maybe I got a bad batch. Berger and SMK really shined. I just placed 5 shots inside a 3.72" group at 600yds at UNSC benchrest last sunday with the Berger OTM's. Try them out, you might like them. I still need to shoot the SMK's at 600. That will be next month.

the only justice for smith would be trial from our troops the end result i won't post! But to change the subject for moment has anyone shot 178 amax from a 308 at 1k I'm shooting 2650fps and have always shot 175smk but want a back up bullet when i cant find smk. Looking for actual range expeirence. posted on the range treads but no actual range time on this bullet yet any thing you can throw at me on this would be welcome!.....steve

I shiot the amax and had great luck out to 1K. I use both the 178 amax and bthp exclusively and love their accuracy

sent from my POS phone

There may or may not be a large amount of 308 Hornady AMAX and BTHP at Sportsman's in Silverdale... :p

Thanks for the input, I have about 400-500 175 smk's left but a local store seems to be getting a few 178 amax's in but no smk. I'm rebarreling my 308 right now, just waiting on a new reamer and thought I'd try somthing new [been a die hard smk shooter].....thanks again .

88blazer,I shot a few hornadys about 20 yrs ago[or so!] and had the same issue, thought it must have been a fluk back then but there are few boxes of mismatched stuff still getting by there Q-C yet!. Back then I made my own collets for measuring bullets. They are very acurrate still using them today and that box was running about .050" diff also but they were hunting bullets.....steve

sportsmens in puyallup had imr 3031, h1000, and retumbo in stock as of 3pm today.

If anyone needs powder i have a small store down here in my neck of th woods that seems to be get some imr and hodgon powders in but only 1lb containers let me know and i check when ever I get into to town. It is hit and miss on burning rates but yesterday they had prety good selection of imr!....steve

Thanks Steve... Just might do that. Do you stock Berger's? Its hard to find 338 in 250 OTM's locally.

Nick, I'll drop by with a map soon as I get extra cash. I did find my Metsker map of Yakima. I use to go wheeling around funny rock and Natchez off of 410. If memory serves, there are a few places to get out to 1760. I'm looking into that area too. Got to get back to work first. Cash shortage is killing me, no gas money!

Nick, I'll drop by with a map soon as I get extra cash.

My hours have changed. I'm Monday-Wednesday from 1000-1600.

As an FYI for the few out there, I'm now attending the Fire I Academy and I won't be around much until after June 28th.

AA2520, Xterminator, or Tac might work but I would have to re-do all my loading data, and velocities aren't as good. W748 has worked so well for so long I would prefer sticking with it if at all possible. It is for 123 grain bullets in a 6.5 Grendel.