• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

AA2520, Xterminator, or Tac might work but I would have to re-do all my loading data, and velocities aren't as good. W748 has worked so well for so long I would prefer sticking with it if at all possible. It is for 123 grain bullets in a 6.5 Grendel.
I'm always checking so i'll keep an eye out for ya.

If anyone knows where I can find a few pounds of Accurate #5 let me know. I haven't been able to find any for a long time and I'm on my last pound.

I've seen a bunch of IMR 4064 showing up lately and seems to be drying up fast; Is this something i should add to my stockpile if this powder crunch continues. Thoughts?

Thanks, the help is much appreciated. I found 4 pounds of it at Cabelas last summer, but the store had a 2 pound limit. There was another fellow looking for powder and his wasn't in stock so he was kind enough to buy a couple of pounds for me...I ended up with enough powder to load up about 700 rounds.

If anyone knows where I can find a few pounds of Accurate #5 let me know. I haven't been able to find any for a long time and I'm on my last pound.

We get that all the time. If I had known I would have grabbed some for you.

I have 1000 CCI#500 SP Primers if anyone needs. Asking $40

Also have 1000 Fed LR Mag primers also $40 FTF in Bremerton area.

Also have 1000 ct 123 Lapua Scenars (.264) if anyone needs $360 FTF in Bremerton (think this is what I paid...)

Also have afew hundred 139gr Scenars and 123gr Scenar Molys if anyone needs...

1000ct 123s SPF

Can meet up at JC Steel match if need be lets get these primers gone!!!

kevin, if you can't find any i can spare 1lb of accurate#5, would trade for lb of H1000

Thanks for the offer Steve, but if Nick can get some at work I can wait a few weeks. I don't have any H1000 but I'll keep my eyes open for some.

went up to sport co today[over 2hrs one way for me], went to the powder safe all the h1000 was gone, fellow walked up and asked what I looking for while I was muttering a few words I said h1000 as I turned, his basket was full of h1000 he had cleaned the shelf. he handed me 4 lbs, I thanked him!!. he said he had come from idaho and was some of the first he had found....thanks for the find steveptr

I thought I saw some 338 250gr @ powder valley last time I was there. Don't remember if they were OTM though.

They're out of stock now. Found a couple of sites selling the otm's. I did score 869 in silverdale. Sportco in fife has it in stock too. The guy said he had a few pounds in stock.

Anyone heard where or seen US869? also Berger 338, 250gr OTM's?

There is usually plenty of both of those at my work. There's also I believe an 8# jug of H50BMG. I'll double check tomorrow.

thanks Nick, just grabbed two lbs of 869 this afternoon. It looked like the 250 OTM's are out, I only saw 300's. Don't know why, but my barrel doesn't like the 300's. Could you drop a hint to who ever orders for 250 OTM's??? :) Thanks

Anyone want to do a group order?

CO2016.jpg

Just arrived in BEAUTIFUL (maybe an overstatement) Richland, WA for the J.C. Steel Challenge and am staying at the BEAUTIFUL (maybe an overstatement) Shilo Inn. Had dinner at the FANTASTIC (actually, not too bad) Fox & Bear eatery. Anyone looking to grab a beer or two(three), let me know. I'll meet you there,... where ever that is,... TG for GPS :) Again, let me know.

425-971-6210
Ry

Just arrived in BEAUTIFUL (maybe an overstatement) Richland, WA for the J.C. Steel Challenge and am staying at the BEAUTIFUL (maybe an overstatement) Shilo Inn. Had dinner at the FANTASTIC (actually, not too bad) Fox & Bear eatery. Anyone looking to grab a beer or two(three), let me know. I'll meet you there,... where ever that is,... TG for GPS :) Again, let me know.

425-971-6210
Ry

I'll see you there tomorrow!

I have to cancel the practical rifle event scheduled for 01 March 2014 at Upper Nisqually Sportsman's Club. I had hoped I would kick this bug in time to be there, but it just isn't happening, and I know no one wants what I have.

Kevin and I have been discussing rescheduling to the May 3 match date when we will have access to both the 550 and 100 yard ranges. This means we would have the ability to do much more shooting than we could do with only one range.

When we finalize the reschedule date, another email will be coming out.

If you know anyone who was planning on coming to the March 1 event, please make sure they know it has been cancelled.

Regrets,
Anton

Last edited:
Unknown, I've been thinking of getting in on this. Nick said its fun. Do you guys shoot at steel at this one? I know my 338 is hard on steel, thats why I'm asking. I'm new to all of this, just getting started in matches.

88blazer,I was going to the unsc event sat but even though unknown had to cancel I'm "probabley" still going to shoot here my place. I live about 85 miles from u though, if your intersted let me know. my steel is a little different than what is used in the matchs, your 338 woun't damage it but the range only goes out to 700 [if the winds not blowing I can just put up smaller siliwets].

88blazer, no probably I'm going to set up some steel tomaro and shoot. If your interested. Anyone in the Oly area is welcome[or else where], I live about 1hr from the west side of Oly, if you you were going to shoot the unsc this week end you can still shoot at my place and we'll let unknown heal up for next month but I only have room for 2 or 3 if the weather turns bad in my shack. Its a back woods, howdy kind of a setup but it works!...steve

A lot of IMR powders showing up at Cabelas and a few others at sportsman's warehouse. Mostly 1 pounders though. Like clock work; sportsman's warehouse updates their website around 11-11:30.

Too bad about the practical rifle event being canceled. I was looking forward to it as my first event.

Gives me some more time to practice and work on loads though. Heal up unknown, I hope to make it out to the next one.

We will reschedule the event. I was probably due to come down with some thing as I haven't had a cold or flu in over 5 years. Eventually, mother nature catches up with all of us. Now I can get it out of the way for another 5 years or so. Back when I was working, I was always bringing some crap home. But the people I worked with then weren't as decent of a crowd as the people I hang out with now.

smg, thanks for the offer, I didn't check here in time to see your posts. Started a new job this week and worked through Saturday. I'll keep a closer eye on this forum in the future for sure!

I did check out 3rd Gen, they had my 250 SMK's to me in 3 days. That fast shipping was impressive. They shoot just as good as the OTM's with the same load, So I'm set now.

Not sure if anyone will be there, but I'm hitting UNSC on the 16th for the 600yd match. Gonna use it to dial in my seating depth. Johnny said it starts at 8am.

unknown...thats cool. This 338 is huge...I'm hoping to start another build in 6mmXC or 6.5 creed now that I'm back to work.

What about 300 Win Mag? Still too big or ok? What do you guys prefer for extreme accuracy?

smg, thanks for the offer, I didn't check here in time to see your posts. Started a new job this week and worked through Saturday. I'll keep a closer eye on this forum in the future for sure!

I did check out 3rd Gen, they had my 250 SMK's to me in 3 days. That fast shipping was impressive. They shoot just as good as the OTM's with the same load, So I'm set now.

Not sure if anyone will be there, but I'm hitting UNSC on the 16th for the 600yd match. Gonna use it to dial in my seating depth. Johnny said it starts at 8am.

88blazer, have you shot the unsc bench rest matches before? I was thinking about shooting it myself, but dont have a good spotting scope.
As far as the practical rifle matches go they do not allow any magnums from what kevid d. told me, 30-06 type cartriges are max. The magnums just tear things up to bad.

smg, I shot last month, First match of the year with my 338RUM, fun as hell
!!! any caliber is cool except 50BMG. your just punching holes in paper. I'm on the phone right now with Johnny, he says any caliber is cool. Its $20 for the first relay which is 6min sight in, 10 min 10 shot, followed by 2 min sight in on second target 10 min second target scoring. Then just $10 bucks for additional relays.

Each relay is 20 shot 20 min with 6 and 2 min sight in periods. He always says, you don't have to shoot all 20 rds in each relay if barrel overheating is an issue. He's pretty slack on that aspect. Its more for fun than competing, but the winners do take home a pot of $50 to $200 per match for X ring hits and smallest groups at 600. Good times!

I'll be shooting the first relay on the 16th, and my 13yr old son will be shooting the second relay. Be warned...13 yrs old, but he's damn good! Sounds like his goal is 2.5", 10 shot at 600 this time. Little bastard will be shooting better than me here soon.

Last edited:
88Blazer,
You usually don't need super accuracy for our matches at UNSC. Unless we are doing cold bore or dot drills, the targets are usually 2-4 MOA, often quite a bit bigger. Any rifle that will dependably deliver 1 MOA groups will work out well.

Because most of our shooting is from field type positions, shooters ability to shoot well under field conditions is a far greater factor than how accurate of a rifle they are shooting.

A shooter with a .3 MOA capable rifle, who can barely hit a 10 inch plate at 100 yards from kneeling position won't find as much success as the guy who has a beater rifle that shoots 1.25 MOA, but is able to hit a 6 inch plate at 100 yards every time.

Great seeing everyone at the JC Steel Challenge this weekend !

Very cool to see a bunch of the UNSC crew out there having a blast and doing well !

Face still feels like it went through a sand blaster from the weather....where did I put my chap stick lol.

Great seeing everyone at the JC Steel Challenge this weekend !

Very cool to see a bunch of the UNSC crew out there having a blast and doing well !

Face still feels like it went through a sand blaster from the weather....where did I put my chap stick lol.

That was very cool to see the folks from the UN matches. This was my first big match and now I'm hooked!

Thanks for the info guys... Looking forward to meeting up and shooting at future matches. I might try the practical with my AR. Its a generic upper but gets almost 1.5MOA. Sounds like it will be fine for the targets.

Talked with Nick about the matches and he is right. Its way different than benchrest, more realistic shooting. It would really force me to improve on my skills in different positions.

If my son, age 14, wanted to join in, would it be ok? Is there an age restriction? He would be willing to pass tests if necessary to prove his gun safety skills. He is a shooter. He would absolutely love it! He's shooting in the 600yd benchrest, but I'd like to get him experienced in other disciplines when possible given his age.

edit: And he is shooting in the Jr Small Bore 3 position at KRRC, Bremerton.

Last edited:
If anyone knows where I can find a few pounds of H4350 let me know please. I just ordered a .243 barrel for my Savage and I still need to get a hold of the rest of the components.

If anyone knows where I can find a few pounds of H4350 let me know please. I just ordered a .243 barrel for my Savage and I still need to get a hold of the rest of the components.

Kevin, (360) 275-6631 Peninsula Premiere Pro Shop. Charles is a bit overpriced, but I think he had some in stock last week. I also talked with him about cutting us a deal, so who knows. I also left a message for him to get set up with Berger now that Russ retired. Maybe he will take over being a distributor for Berger here locally. Lets hope! It was a sad day when Russ told me he was retiring. He will be missed.

Last edited: