• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

smg, I shot last month, First match of the year with my 338RUM, fun as hell
!!! any caliber is cool except 50BMG. your just punching holes in paper. I'm on the phone right now with Johnny, he says any caliber is cool. Its $20 for the first relay which is 6min sight in, 10 min 10 shot, followed by 2 min sight in on second target 10 min second target scoring. Then just $10 bucks for additional relays.

Each relay is 20 shot 20 min with 6 and 2 min sight in periods. He always says, you don't have to shoot all 20 rds in each relay if barrel overheating is an issue. He's pretty slack on that aspect. Its more for fun than competing, but the winners do take home a pot of $50 to $200 per match for X ring hits and smallest groups at 600. Good times!

I'll be shooting the first relay on the 16th, and my 13yr old son will be shooting the second relay. Be warned...13 yrs old, but he's damn good! Sounds like his goal is 2.5", 10 shot at 600 this time. Little bastard will be shooting better than me here soon.

I guess the only questsion I have is do I need a quality spotting scope that I can see 30cal holes at 600yds?

sgm, I didn't have a spotter last shoot. Johnny spotted for me for sight-in. I ended up hitting 3" left of the X over-all. Plenty of people have spotting scopes there to help you out sight in. I'll also have my telescope from Big-5. Its a 600x telescope, $69.00 model but works well for spotting at 600.

Johnny also is working on his camera system too. Come on out, you'll be covered!

I see 4350 all over the place. Accurate,IMR and hodgdon all the same i suspect?
If anyone knows where I can find a few pounds of H4350 let me know please. I just ordered a .243 barrel for my Savage and I still need to get a hold of the rest of the components.

I see 4350 all over the place. Accurate,IMR and hodgdon all the same i suspect?

They are NOT all the same. Different burn rates and temperature sensitivity. Most prefer the Hodgdon H4350. I see Accurate and IMR 4350 all the time.

Natchez just got some hodgdon powers in stock. h110,benchmarks,h1000h4831 15min ago at the time of this post.

Hey guys I picked up a gift cert at jakes match this year for 750 off an rbros rifle package, I was hoping to use this on my next build but I didn't notice when it expired and I will not be able to afford a new build by the time it expires. If one of you are interested in trading something for it let me know(via pm please). It is only good for, the long range hunter, light weight hunter, or comp rifle packages. It expires this August. I have already spoke with Jesse about this and he is ok with it. I figured I would give the local guys a poke at it before I post it in the for sale section.

RE: Practical rifle matches at UNSC

We again have use of the 100 yard range for the short range portion of our matches. Therefore, we are increasing our attendance to 30 shooters for the April 5, 2014 match.

The reservation list for the 05 April 2014 match is now open. Kevin will keep track of the list, and post it online on Snipershide.com, so you can look there to insure your name got posted to the list. Kevin's email is [email protected].

The familiarization/orientation that was scheduled for 01 March, and got cancelled due to my illness, has been rescheduled to 03 May 2013. As we now have access to both the 550 and 100 yard ranges, we will also hold an abbreviated match (15 shooters for the match, and 15 shooters for the familiarization/orientation) on the same day.

We will split up the match shooters, and the shooters for the familiarization/orientation onto different ranges. Then, at the half way point, both groups will swap ranges. This way, both groups get to shoot both distant and close targets, and we expect to be able to do more shooting.

We won't open the list for the May match until the April 2014 Match is completed. However, I will be happy to begin keeping track of anyone interested in attending the familiarization/orientation. Rescheduling the familiarization/orientation is a very high priority for us, and having access to both ranges will allow us to present an even better program to those people interested in attending.

The match format for April will be posted after Kevin and I finalize it, but we anticipate it to follow the format of the February match. Be prepared for a cold bore shot, a dot drill and some position shooting though.

email: [email protected]

Anton

Last edited:
he lives,
We have a match with the short form orientation/safety brief scheduled for 08:30 AM on 05 April, and the longer orientation with lots more use of props set for May 3. We don't have anything doing on the 15th of either month.

If it is a typo, and you want on the match list for the April 5th match, there is still plenty of room. Let either Kevin or myself know.

The SBR legislation is getting voted on TODAY. Call your senator and tell them to vote YES on Senate Bill 5956. Light up the phone lines!

CJG

Governor has to sign it but it would be suprising if he didnt considering the large margin that it passed by. Guys are E filing their form 1's tonight. By the time they are approved it will be law. takes 90 days for the law to take affect.

Governor has to sign it but it would be suprising if he didnt considering the large margin that it passed by. Guys are E filing their form 1's tonight. By the time they are approved it will be law. takes 90 days for the law to take affect.

You can file your form 1 before? I was wondering about that myself.

And your name, doesn't have to do with rotary engines or RX7s, does it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was great at Jake's to be rooting for 'team Nisqually'. Nice to see the familiar faces shooting so well in very tough conditions.

I helped RO the mover stage, and I didn't really get to say 'later' to Jon and Steve. They were two great and knowledgeable guys giving it their all up on that cold, cold ridge.
Looking forward to shooting it next year for sure.
Doug

Can anyone recommend a Class III dealer for a suppressor transfer?

Near to Redmond, ideally.

Since I'm new to SBR's... In order to build one I simply need to efile a Form 1 for an SBR with a lower I already have correct?

I found a good read over on M4carbine about it and I'm fine with having it engraved which can be done before or after. No one really sells an "SBR lower" but instead the full rifle which I don't want since I can build my own and have the parts/length I want rather than a bunch of stuff I don't want.

Does the law specify what kind of engraving is used on the lower? Although I realize it would look tacky, would an electronic pencil, machinist's stamps, or acid etching work?

I'm curious because many of the people with class 3 (select fire) rifles in Oregon, and people with suppressors don't have any special engraving on the lowers.

Does the law specify what kind of engraving is used on the lower? Although I realize it would look tacky, would an electronic pencil, machinist's stamps, or acid etching work?

I'm curious because many of the people with class 3 (select fire) rifles in Oregon, and people with suppressors don't have any special engraving on the lowers.

They require Name(Trust or Individual), City, & State engraved on it.

Anyone is interested in a Vortex Viper HD spotting scope brand new and never used for a good price pm me...

Hi Doug!

I had a great time up on that cold windy ridge with you and Steve! Thanks again for the RO coaching and advice, I really learned a lot that weekend and would definitely volunteer to do that all over again despite how miserable the weather was! I look forward to bumping into you guys again at future match's and events.

John

QUOTE=Seeds;3001741]It was great at Jake's to be rooting for 'team Nisqually'. Nice to see the familiar faces shooting so well in very tough conditions.

I helped RO the mover stage, and I didn't really get to say 'later' to Jon and Steve. They were two great and knowledgeable guys giving it their all up on that cold, cold ridge.
Looking forward to shooting it next year for sure.
Doug[/QUOTE]

Well it's official. I am moving to Tx in 6 weeks. Still haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to get my 2 ton tool box loaded into a U-Haul trailer, but I'm working it out. I will miss the mountains, & mild climate, along with all my friends here. I enjoyed shooting with, & hosting matches for all of you over the years. But opportunity calls, so I'm off to start a new career in the oil fields of west Texas. Hopefully in a few months I will finally, for the 1st time in my life, be earning a 6 figure salary.
I am hoping to get a few shooting sessions in with friends before I leave, weather permitting, but they will be few unfortunately. I will keep an eye on things here, & say howdy from time to time when I'm gone, & will be coming back periodically to see my family, & possibly hunt with my long time elk partners. That will depend on how the WDFW keeps messing up the regs here. I may just turn to hunting NM instead.
So this is basically fare well, & good shooting to you all.

Jeff - good luck down in Texas. I lived in the burbs of DFW for few years and really enjoyed it down that way (except for the mid summer heat). The state has very strong 2A culture and I have the feeling you won't have any problems finding like minded people and places to stretch your rifles out there.

anyone going to the bench rest match at unsc this sunday, was going with mailman but his father passed away early this week [feel for you and family dj ]. I'll be going thru Oakville, rodchester and out thru grand mound if anyone needs a ride...steve

Dj, sorry to hear of your loss. Been there myself. You and your family will be in my prayers. Maybe we'll meet at the next match in April.

Thanks for the offer Steve, but I'm north of you. I'm heading down Pac Ave through Spanaway. I've got some angle iron and plywood cut out for side shields to clamp to the benches. Mellow out the break on this 338. I think the other shooters will appreciate it. :)

Off to hit the range now with a few last test loads.......See you guys there!

Also, found my Metsker maps of the Natchez/Yakima areas. Got a new job too so gas money and weekends off is coming soon! I'll start exploring new areas next month. I use to 4-wheel in those areas, so got a few ideas for LRS.

Sorry to see you leave big wheels, it was a pleasure to meet and shoot with you.
Good luck and congrats on the new job.

Bigwheels congrats on the new job and scenery change ! Can't imagine a more firearms friendly state to move to and should have plenty of places to stretch the legs on your magnums.
Remember you've always got a place to come shoot the crap here on the Hide ;)

Quick note for KRRC Members(Kitsap Rifle Club, Bremerton, WA), work party this weekend, all day Saturday and Sunday. Good time to get your participation credits in for your memberships.

Thanks Blazer, hope to meet you at sgm's or one of the matches. I've only met a few people from this group but they've all been great guys and great shooters (i.e. Kevin D beat me and my 260 at the jc steel match and he was using his 308). Have a good match Sunday, I'll try to be at the next one.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Hey guys I posted this in the w Washington thread so you may have seen it. I have 2# of h1000 that I don't need any more I paid ed 30$ for it would like to get that out of it. Will trade # for # for h4350. Ftf only

Thanks for the thoughts guys. It's getting closer to launch every day now. Still have lots to do. Taking a load to the dump today, & trying to map out how to get everything in the trailer. Not an easy task with a 2000# tool box, & a friend's Cummins engine on a pallet not to mention all the rest of my stuff. Add to that the trailer has to be balanced out with the proper toung weight. I'm estimating with the camper and trailer loaded up I'll be grossing about 17,000#. Should be a good workout for the old Dodge Cummins.
And BTW. Did I mention that the weather around here SUX! Been trying to get a weekend when I can shoot with some friends for over a month with no luck. I hope maybe this Sat will be better. Running out of weekends...

Last edited:
Bigwheels,
If you leave all your guns and ammo with me, it will save you lots of weight and time not having to pack it all. Heck, I'll even pick all the stuff up.

Bigwheels,
If you leave all your guns and ammo with me, it will save you lots of weight and time not having to pack it all. Heck, I'll even pick all the stuff up.
Yeah. That's not going to happen. What would I do with all the flat wide open spaces down there with no rifles...
Nice try though.

Yeah. I'm thinking about a 338 Edge. But will probably wait till I burn out the 300WM brl on there now. I have 2700+ rnds through it right now.

All,

Just got this site going. revelationarmsllc.com I wanted to get your feedback on the site, yet know I made it myself and I am NOT a computer guy, at all... Still don't know what HTML is or where I put it :) Anyways, let me know if you need anything. Looking to get an order of XLR's
in so please let me know requests.

See you all soon!