• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Puget Sound Area Shooter's Group

No this bill got proposed and they went out and collected signatures for it. Blooberg and all the million/billionaires are throwing money at it. I just saw something that steve balmer just donated 25k to the group pushing the bill.

I live in portlandia, but went across the big river to a rifle range and heard about this. The people I was talking to said it has a really good, not the right word in this case, chance of passing! Hope all of you get the word out to vote against this BS. This disease will find itself on this side of the river if you can't stop it up there!

The problem with the ballot is going to be making sense of the two measures. That means reading all of the words. People get hung up on sales. One is also about transfers. I can't take my grandson to a range and teach him to handle and shoot guns. Once I put the gun in his hands, I have completed a transfer. He gives it back, another transfer. Under federal law neither of us is allowed to have a 4473 processed. When I clear a blockage or an unsafe condition so he can continue, I just became a felon. When he is finished and gives me back the gun, he is too. The simple way to look at the ballot is more is less. One page vs. 18. Kinda like obamacare - the bill could read "get health insurance or we will tax you." End of discussion. Vote short and reject long.

Please dont be like the anti-gunners and spew bullshit to try to make points. What you described is PERFECTLY LEGALLY under i-594. Under exemptions "at an established shooting range authorized by the local governing body". Theres also plenty of other exemptions such as lending a rifle to under 18 for hunting, sharing guns at competitions and a few others. But to just go around saying you cant share a gun at all anywhere is just as bad as the anti's spewing their BS trying ot get people on their side. We are better than that.

Not saying i agree with the bill at all. In fact ill publicly state im against it and will be voting no on it. It has tons of flaws in it and as mentioned it means just to sell a gun we are going ot be charged fee's. Basically they are taxing our already taxed guns (assuming you bought at a FFL to begin with). But you can go read the bill your self and be confused and unsure (as i was when i read it the firs three times!

The bill we WANT to pass is I-591. Which is a simple 1 page bill supported by WACOPS (and the other cop organization i forgot their name sorry!) that simply states guns cant be taken without due process. And all background checks must fall in line with federal requirements.

As for the poll.....like any poll take it with a grain of salt. It was a seattle based poll. IE the one area that has the anti-gun people. Of course youll get more support for it there. I couldnt find a single person outside of King County that was questioned for the poll.

What will be interesting is if both bills pass (which as the "polls" show now they both will pass) which will lead to a court battle. But lets forget that and just vote 594 down to begin with!

So if someone looses a firearm, and it is found by someone else, is that considered a "transfer" under the bill? My reason for asking is that it wouldn't seem fair for someone to loose a firearm, and later be charged for failing to do the paperwork to transfer it to the person who found the firearm.

Although one would hope that common sense would prevail, lately, government, and anti-gun forces haven't shown me that common sense will prevail when they have an opportunity for a media event.

So if someone looses a firearm, and it is found by someone else, is that considered a "transfer" under the bill? My reason for asking is that it wouldn't seem fair for someone to loose a firearm, and later be charged for failing to do the paperwork to transfer it to the person who found the firearm.

Although one would hope that common sense would prevail, lately, government, and anti-gun forces haven't shown me that common sense will prevail when they have an opportunity for a media event.
There are a lot of unknowns in this bill. I disagree with what v had to say because currently transfer in the bill is so loosely defined that it's open to interpretation and if you get a officer that want to throw the book at you and your friend is shooting your gun he could get you on that in theory. My biggest question with this bill is dome ones son 16 years old wants to go hunting with a friend and gets in trouble for not doing a background check and he cannot legally do a background check so if dad is not with him how does that work?

There are a lot of unknowns in this bill. I disagree with what v had to say because currently transfer in the bill is so loosely defined that it's open to interpretation and if you get a officer that want to throw the book at you and your friend is shooting your gun he could get you on that in theory. My biggest question with this bill is dome ones son 16 years old wants to go hunting with a friend and gets in trouble for not doing a background check and he cannot legally do a background check so if dad is not with him how does that work?
O I agree there's lots of poorly written wording in the bill...part of why so many groups are against it outside of pro gun groups (ie wa cops).

The hunting portion is interesting as you mention. I can't look it up right now as I'm on my phone. I know there's an exemption but I'm not sure how big the exemption is (ie only family vs any child).

The range is about the only clearly defined exemption. Has to be a real range and from there you can share guns freely.

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk to anyone either so sorry if it can a cross that way in my other post!

The only good thing is I've heard from a few police officers (all outside king county mind you) who have pretty much said they won't enforce the bill since it would take so much man power....we will see how true that is though

If you lose a gun you'd report it to the police (I hope!) So they would know it's not a transfer. So you should be safe.....Though who really knows but I'd assume it would be the same as it is now if your lost it

I have always thought it best to not invite law enforcement into my life, unless I'm required to do so. I can just imagine the questions after reporting a lost firearm about things such as how firearms are stored, what other firearms are there, and so on. I would prefer to not have to dodge a bunch of unrelated questions, or even have them in my house.

I think most insurance companies require a police report if you want to collect on stolen firearms. If I did have one stolen, I would need to decide whether it is worth all the headache just to recover some money for the firearm. The main reason I can think of for reporting a firearm loss (or theft theft) to the police would be protecting myself from civil liability if that firearm was ever recovered after being misused by someone else.

With some people reporting that Doctors now inquire about firearms in the house, I am very leery of reporting anything about firearms unless I'm required to do so.

The only good thing is I've heard from a few police officers (all outside king county mind you) who have pretty much said they won't enforce the bill since it would take so much man power....we will see how true that is though

Although there are plenty of good officers who might think this way, all it takes is one overly zealous anti-gun officer (or commander) to make someone's life miserable.

All of the comments posted after my original have been worth going through. If I-594 were such a good thing, why are there exemptions in it in the first place? That is the first place to start to question the integrity of the entire content. Laws should be simple. So even dumb people like me, without a law degree, can understand what, how and why something needs a law in the first place. Something as simple and "shall not be infringed" for instance.

Guys, most of you know what I do. With regards to the bills in question is simply get your family and friends to vote correctly. Unfortunately King County seems to have a stranglehold on election day, so get those folks you know out to vote. With regards to firearms being stolen, or lost yes i have heard that one several times. Is simply having the serial numbers which in my opinion is quite a good thing. For those of you with older family or friends maybe making a record of their serial numbers if it hasnt already be done. The number of firearms recovered and not returned is mind boggling. Having a pic in your phone can come in quite handy if the worse happens and a firearm is stolen while away from home. A safe of any kind is better than nothing, with regards to a firearm being stolen from your home, well in most cases it was a burglary and the firearm was just a bonus, with the amount of money we spend our hobby a decent safe is fairly cheap. On side note the number of NFA items stolen is surprising.

Anyone looking for a trued rem700 308 win, x mark trigger, 24" 1-10 bartlein with a brake in a Rock Solid chassis? Its a hammer and runs 118 in little groups. I would like to give the PS guys a shot at it before I list it.

This rifle is a tack driver and Scott is a great guy. If I needed another .308 I would get this one.

Hey all, "long time listener, first time caller" here...

I wish I had known about this thread several years ago. I've only read about the first 20 pages so far, but it sounds like there were fun times!

I've been shooting short distances (50 - 150 yds) since I was a teenager (I'm 63 now) in the various spots I've lived around the country. Living in Seattle now, and the past few years I've been primarily just plinking with my SKS and Egyptian Hakim (8mm mauser) on both paper and AR500 steel at my "secret spot" in the foothills east of Darrington or at the Kenmore Shooting range.

Just last week purchased an entry-level bolt gun (Savage Axis in .243). Haven't even had a chance to zero it in, just boresighted it using the street light at night technique. From reading about the equipment some of you have for those 1,300 yd shots, I know my equipment is laughable, but it's a start. I'm excited!

I reload all the calibers I shoot, although I haven't tried with the .243 yet.

I have a bit of gun powder for sale. Local pick up in Wenatchee only.
IMG_20140817_233255818_HDR_zpsfd115aaa.jpg

IMG_20140817_233244279_zpsbbdc0621.jpg

Howdy fellas, welchers had a bunch of benchmark and 4831sc and a few h4350 and a few others I cant rember I think it was all about 30 per pound

I have some powder up in the Wallingford or Kenmore area. 4lbs VV N570 (unopened) & 6+ lbs of Retumbo. $150 for the VV N570 & $130 for the Reumbo. If someone wants both, I'll do it for $270 and I'll toss in another 1lb+ of WC 844.

POWDER.jpg

Folks- I have 4-6lbs of powder I'd like to get transported from the Spokane Area or Omak, to Captain Kirk in the Arlington Area . If anyone is planning a trip that direction please give me a shout out (or if you're hunting over here on the eastside and headed back oer to the wetside).

Thanks

Craig d i b b s @ p c n u t h u t dot com

Also...may be interested in the Retumbo above if my 7mm RM decides it likes the flavor... Hope to do some testing today :D

September 6, 2014 UNSC practical rifle match update:

Following last month's match, we received a report of bullet frag landing on another range. We reported the incident to the Board of Directors, and told them that we won't use pistol until they get a chance to discuss the issue. So, for the September 6th 2014 match, we are not going to have a pistol stage. The match is otherwise as posted in the previous course of fire announcement.

Hopefully, we will be able to re-integrate pistol shooting once the Board of Directors deals with the report.

Following AtOne's input, and a discussion with Kevin, we arrived at the following...at the very least it is worth a try.

Originally Posted by AtOne
How about paper targets for the time being for the pistol stage, easy enough to score with one target per page and all shots placed on it.
Really like having the pistol at the matches so I'm sure there's got to be a work around temporarily.
I just talked to Unknown on the phone and we'll give it a try. Bring your pistols and ammo!

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0ByEWxiYnTAEBNjc5SGQwOGk1b0k/edit?usp=docslist_api

Puget sound people... I have a big question. First off, I'm fixing my Miller TIG welder, the secondary transformer winding burned out. Question is... does anyone know if there is a supplier in the sound area for "magnet wire" or winding wire. I need to build a new secondary coil. The wire is 11ga, About .120". A 7 pound spool would do it.

Any suppliers around the area? It's all over the internet, but would like to get it locally and also need the laquer to coat the winding too.

Brian

Sorry but the pic link isn't working right. It shows the coil with the reddish laquer coating.

Last edited:
there is a motor rewind shop on 6th street in bremerton, heading away from callow its about two blocks up on the left side. not sure if they are still open or what but there is a sign. if they are in business im sure they would have it, or DC engineering is another motor place in chico.

Hey Guys, very excited and proud to raise money by selling this rifle.

This is an awesome rifle, built and donated by some great sponsors.

Scout Supply company
XLR industries
Defiance Actions
Benchmark Barrels

We are raffling off this rifle to support Jubilee Youth Ranch. An at risk school for troubled teens finding new beginnings. Some of you have actually been here on the ranch and have seen what we have going on, We really appreciate the needed support.

This rifle will be given away at the PRS finale Sept. 26th. NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN. It will be a random drawing.

After the Sept. 26th Drawing, we will inform who the winner is on SH, and on facebook, and also via email.

Here is the link to buy tickets, with pictures and additional info.

JC Steel Targets Benefit Rifle

We appreciate all the support.

If anyone in Puyallup is interested I was at the Marksman killing some time and I noticed they had a pound of H4350 there.

there is a motor rewind shop on 6th street in bremerton, heading away from callow its about two blocks up on the left side. not sure if they are still open or what but there is a sign. if they are in business im sure they would have it, or DC engineering is another motor place in chico.

Thanks! I forgot about DC. I'll check out both places!

Hey all, "long time listener, first time caller" here...

I wish I had known about this thread several years ago. I've only read about the first 20 pages so far, but it sounds like there were fun times!

I've been shooting short distances (50 - 150 yds) since I was a teenager (I'm 63 now) in the various spots I've lived around the country. Living in Seattle now, and the past few years I've been primarily just plinking with my SKS and Egyptian Hakim (8mm mauser) on both paper and AR500 steel at my "secret spot" in the foothills east of Darrington or at the Kenmore Shooting range.

Just last week purchased an entry-level bolt gun (Savage Axis in .243). Haven't even had a chance to zero it in, just boresighted it using the street light at night technique. From reading about the equipment some of you have for those 1,300 yd shots, I know my equipment is laughable, but it's a start. I'm excited!

I reload all the calibers I shoot, although I haven't tried with the .243 yet.

Welcome. Come on out to one of the UNC matches and meet some of the crew.

Although there are plenty of good officers who might think this way, all it takes is one overly zealous anti-gun officer (or commander) to make someone's life miserable.

Unknown's comment echo's my main concern:

I read the text of the entire initiative and can't tell if I would be breaking the law if I gave a firearm to my shooting buddy to take to a gunsmith that we both use. Telling me that it might be "technically" illegal but it would be very unlikely that I would be prosecuted gives me little comfort. Nobody wants to be a test case to determine what "intended transfer" means. Laws that entrap law abiding citizens and do little to reduce crime engender distrust and erode the rule of law in my opinion. Unfortunately this might be part of the design - to make owning a firearm more of a hassle so fewer people own them. If 594 passes, I can only hope it gets invalidated by 591.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with all of the laws in Wa. but would need to ask: If you gave a firearm to a buddy to transport to a gunsmith and he then picked it up for you, would that then be illegal? If you dropped it off could the smith mail it back to you? If your buddy drops it off with your name and address, could the smith mail it back to you? If your buddy drops it off can you pick it up? This is a great example of the quagmire that 594 creates. Sounds like the exceptions that are included in the initiative fall far short of answering all the questions. Like I said previously, less is more. When these things get too wordy, they tend to create more problems than they solve. Hence, my preference for the brevity of 591.

I am not familiar with all of the laws in Wa. but would need to ask: If you gave a firearm to a buddy to transport to a gunsmith and he then picked it up for you, would that then be illegal? If you dropped it off could the smith mail it back to you? If your buddy drops it off with your name and address, could the smith mail it back to you? If your buddy drops it off can you pick it up? This is a great example of the quagmire that 594 creates. Sounds like the exceptions that are included in the initiative fall far short of answering all the questions. Like I said previously, less is more. When these things get too wordy, they tend to create more problems than they solve. Hence, my preference for the brevity of 591.

So we may have to treat our firearms like NFA items? Perhaps put them in a trust to allow multiple individuals to posses them outside of the narrow exemptions outlined in the law?

I'm not going to get into lengthy detail, but everyone needs to remember that when reading a Bill you need to know the LEGAL definition of certain words as what you think it means and what it actually means are not always the same. For example... "Consideration" by legal definition is something of value given by both parties to a contract that induces them to enter into the agreement to exchange mutual performances, not careful thought like many are believing. Also, look up the legal definition of transfer. There are plenty poorly written parts in that Bill with items that bring concern, but people are reading the Bill and throwing out all kinds of wild scenarios based upon false definitions to induce panic which makes us look paranoid.

I-594 is a rather audacious step by the anti-gun community here in Washington, more so since the legislature passed bills to allow the use of suppressors that were previously legal to own but not use and the legalizationg of sbr's which in my opinion was absolutely huge. The amount of money pouring in to support this initiative is truly staggering, the Balmers just gave more cash, plus there's bound to more coming from Blomberg. I'm hoping the NRA is taking note, this is just a step for what I believe is registration of all firearms, and they need to open their coffers to combat this bill.

I'm not going to get into lengthy detail, but everyone needs to remember that when reading a Bill you need to know the LEGAL definition of certain words as what you think it means and what it actually means are not always the same. For example... "Consideration" by legal definition is something of value given by both parties to a contract that induces them to enter into the agreement to exchange mutual performances, not careful thought like many are believing. Also, look up the legal definition of transfer. There are plenty poorly written parts in that Bill with items that bring concern, but people are reading the Bill and throwing out all kinds of wild scenarios based upon false definitions to induce panic which makes us look paranoid.[/Q

Nick - You make a valid point. In conducting my research about I594 I've seen some of the pro 2A forums throw out scenarios that are clearly covered by the exemptions in the law. I don't like having my blood pressure raised in an attempt to motivate the base.

I would like to be proven wrong regarding the scenario I cited - that is why I'm posting here.

Here's the legal definition of transfer: transfer legal definition of transfer Consideration is not required to transfer something to another person. For example, we would both be in hot water if I let you borrow and take home one of my NFA items to try it out. It would be considered an unauthorized transfer - money does not have to change hands. I594 does not appear to be any different in this regard.

I consulted the Senate Bill Report and the exemptions and pretty clear. The scenario that I cite is a transfer and not covered by any of these exemptions http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bi... Reports/Senate/INITIATIVE 594 SBA LAW 14.pdf

All the other information I could find on the Initiative was partisan.

If the initiative passes, and it is not nullified by the passage of 591, I expect the State Attorney General will be asked to issue certain clarifications. If needed, I expect the legislature can correct some of the "flypaper" language that can entrap otherwise honest citizens.

Last edited:
Welcome. Come on out to one of the UNC matches and meet some of the crew.

Known,

I checked the UNC calendar for October (probably the first time I'd be able to get out there)...are those matches called the "Practical Rifle Match", like the one on Saturday, Oct. 4? Or are they listed as something else?

rick3

Nick - You make a valid point. In conducting my research about I594 I've seen some of the pro 2A forums throw out scenarios that are clearly covered by the exemptions in the law. I don't like having my blood pressure raised in an attempt to motivate the base.

I would like to be proven wrong regarding the scenario I cited - that is why I'm posting here.

Here's the legal definition of transfer: transfer legal definition of transfer Consideration is not required to transfer something to another person. For example, we would both be in hot water if I let you borrow and take home one of my NFA items to try it out. It would be considered an unauthorized transfer - money does not have to change hands. I594 does not appear to be any different in this regard.

I consulted the Senate Bill Report and the exemptions and pretty clear. The scenario that I cite is a transfer and not covered by any of these exemptions http://apps.leg.wa.gov/documents/bi... Reports/Senate/INITIATIVE 594 SBA LAW 14.pdf

All the other information I could find on the Initiative was partisan.

If the initiative passes, and it is not nullified by the passage of 591, I expect the State Attorney General will be asked to issue certain clarifications. If needed, I expect the legislature can correct some of the "flypaper" language that can entrap otherwise honest citizens.

Also look up the legal definition of transfer as per the ATF. You have to have the intent of changing ownership of the item.

Known,

I checked the UNC calendar for October (probably the first time I'd be able to get out there)...are those matches called the "Practical Rifle Match", like the one on Saturday, Oct. 4? Or are they listed as something else?

rick3

That's the one. We also have a dedicated forum for the matches: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...-matches-upper-nisqually-sportsmans-club.html

A PM to Unknown or KevinD will get you signed up. We have shooters of all levels, so come as you are. Bolt gun highly recommended, but we also have folks shooting with gas guns.

Also look up the legal definition of transfer as per the ATF. You have to have the intent of changing ownership of the item.

I did: https://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8-chapter-9.pdf

The term “transfer” is broadly defined by the NFA to include “selling, assigning, pledging, leasing, loaning, giving away, or otherwise disposing of” an NFA firearm.

The ATF FAQ is even more direct: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-firearms.html#unregistered-nfa

Q: What can happen to someone who has an NFA firearm which is not registered to him?
Violators may be fined not more than $250,000, and imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both. In addition, any vessel, vehicle or aircraft used to transport, conceal or possess an unregistered NFA firearm is subject to seizure and forfeiture, as is the weapon itself.
[49 U.S.C. 781-788, 26 U.S.C. 5861 and 5872]

I'm sure prosecutorial discretion comes into play under many of these circumstances. I was the foreman on a jury trial in Seattle and the only time intent came into play was when we considered an enhancement to the original charge. I'm happy with the decision we made because the additional time he would have served was way out of proportion to the crime committed.

As Unkown pointed out in his post, I just don't want to be in the position of being at the whim of an overzealous law enforcement professional or the local prosecutor. Something that may not get a second look in Prosser may land me in lockup in Seattle.

There are lots of other things that we do everyday that make us potential criminals. This is now on my reading list: http://www.amazon.com/Three-Felonies-Day-Target-Innocent/dp/1594032556#

Heck, my father has terminal cancer and a script for medical marijuana. Technically the Feds could waltz in and prosecute him and probably take me down because he lives with us. Despite AG Holder's direction for federal prosecutors to back off marijuana charges in WA and CO, it has not prevented the over-zealous prosecution of the couple from Kettle Falls.

Last edited:
I did: https://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5320-8/atf-p-5320-8-chapter-9.pdf

The term “transfer” is broadly defined by the NFA to include “selling, assigning, pledging, leasing, loaning, giving away, or otherwise disposing of” an NFA firearm.

The ATF FAQ is even more direct: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-firearms.html#unregistered-nfa

Q: What can happen to someone who has an NFA firearm which is not registered to him?
Violators may be fined not more than $250,000, and imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both. In addition, any vessel, vehicle or aircraft used to transport, conceal or possess an unregistered NFA firearm is subject to seizure and forfeiture, as is the weapon itself.
[49 U.S.C. 781-788, 26 U.S.C. 5861 and 5872]

I'm sure prosecutorial discretion comes into play under many of these circumstances. I was the foreman on a jury trial in Seattle and the only time intent came into play was when we considered an enhancement to the original charge. I'm happy with the decision we made because the additional time he would have served was way out of proportion to the crime committed.

As Unkown pointed out in his post, I just don't want to be in the position of being at the whim of an overzealous law enforcement professional or the local prosecutor. Something that may not get a second look in Prosser may land me in lockup in Seattle.

There are lots of other things that we do everyday that make us potential criminals. This is now on my reading list: Three Felonies a Day: How the Feds Target the Innocent: Harvey A. Silverglate: 9781594032554: Amazon.com: Books

Heck, my father has terminal cancer and a script for medical marijuana. Technically the Feds could waltz in and prosecute him and probably take me down because he lives with us. Despite AG Holder's direction for federal prosecutors to back off marijuana charges in WA and CO, it has not prevented the over-zealous prosecution of the couple from Kettle Falls.

Your context is in regards to registered NFA items like suppressors, SBRs, Full-Auto, etc... not general transfers such as standard rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Intent is always a factor in court when determining if someones actions where in-line with the law ESPECIALLY when interpreting new laws and passing possible precedent. As for all the rest... 1: I'm not going to watch a conspiracy video or even talk about it, and 2: It's still against Federal Law and asking any Prosecutor to not prosecute someone who is in known violation of the law goes against their very oath. I'm 100% for medical use, but anything past that I feel zero empathy for since I've been around enough potheads to know that there are ZERO benefits other than promoting the snack food industry and making those who bordered on retarded become exactly that.

Your context is in regards to registered NFA items like suppressors, SBRs, Full-Auto, etc... not general transfers such as standard rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Intent is always a factor in court when determining if someones actions where in-line with the law ESPECIALLY when interpreting new laws and passing possible precedent. As for all the rest... 1: I'm not going to watch a conspiracy video or even talk about it, and 2: It's still against Federal Law and asking any Prosecutor to not prosecute someone who is in known violation of the law goes against their very oath. I'm 100% for medical use, but anything past that I feel zero empathy for since I've been around enough potheads to know that there are ZERO benefits other than promoting the snack food industry and making those who bordered on retarded become exactly that.
I love it! Right on Nick! My mother used the THC pills to help in her last days and it helped. She never wanted to smoke it. I have worked with many potheads and they do think much slower than sober. My 130 mile commute to Ballard every day has become way worse since the legalization of weed. Like you said, it sure has helped the snack food industry. Even Jack in the Box is taking advantage of it. You seen that stupid Jack in the box ad "elbow for ears" the one with the hippie girl with herpes? lol.

Brian

I love it! Right on Nick! My mother used the THC pills to help in her last days and it helped. She never wanted to smoke it. I have worked with many potheads and they do think much slower than sober. My 130 mile commute to Ballard every day has become way worse since the legalization of weed. Like you said, it sure has helped the snack food industry. Even Jack in the Box is taking advantage of it. You seen that stupid Jack in the box ad "elbow for ears" the one with the hippie girl with herpes? lol.

Brian

Seeing how the marijuana helps my Dad's nausea was really an eye opener for me. He doesn't smoke it. Instead he's been using what is called "Simpson's Oil". It has the consistency of grease and you mix it in food. Zofran and the other anti-nausea meds just don't have the same effect. On the other hand, it's very difficult to dose. Too much and he will get up at night and urinate on the furniture.

I agree - the regular users of marijuana that I've known would never blow the doors off an IQ test. But if folks want to use it, I'm all in favor of taking the blood out of the supply chain. Much of the drug related violence involves firearms which is turn leads to more calls for gun control.

Last edited:
Seeing how the marijuana helps my Dad's nausea was really an eye opener for me. He doesn't smoke it. Instead he's been using what is called "Simpson's Oil". It has the consistency of grease and you mix it in food. Zofran and the other anti-nausea meds just don't have the same effect. On the other hand, it's very difficult to dose. Too much and he will get up at night and urinate on the furniture.

I agree - the regular users of marijuana that I've known would never blow the doors off an IQ test. But if folks want to use it, I'm all in favor of taking the blood out of the supply chain. Much of the drug related violence involves firearms which is turn leads to more calls for gun control.
Known..
I'm, with you too here. I know that most people use it now. I know it really does slow people down as well. If people want to use it, I really don't care, just not while I'm commuting home. Texting and driving the same thing. I'd say texting is still worse that weed usage during rush hour. But good practice for us to stay focused while driving. Seriously, if its not weed... people will find something else to "easy pressures of life". Sad but true.

The problem is who else are they taking out of that supply chain in the process...

I'm thinking of registering for the Spokane Tac Rifle match Sept 27-28. Anyone from the Seattle or Eastside area going from whom I could catch a ride with?