• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rain Shell Suggestions, LEAF equivalent

brutus1776

Minuteman
Jun 12, 2007
backcountry, TN line
I’ve ran an Arcteryx Leaf Alpha LT since 2012. I warrantied it in 2019 and walked away with a Gen 2. It has recently been stolen. Much to my surprise LEAF is now restricted to active duty. I prefer to not have this shell in an alpine bright color, as I want to use it hunting.

What brands / models do I need to look for an equivalent jacket? 3 layer goretex type in earth tone colors. Quality / LEAF type equivalents, no frog togs, etc. Thanks!!

I’ve been happy with my Kuiu, but i don’t know how it compares with the Arctrex LEAF. I also have a set of black Arctrex alpha rain pants that have been excellent.

Norrona is a euro brand with similar styling, pricing, and technical fabrics as Arcteryx.

Not sure if they have earth tones though.

Check out Forloh.
US made.

Im impressed with the soft shell stuff I have.
Do not own their hard shell gear.
Based on my experience, would buy it if I was in need of a 3 layer set though

Reactions: earthtrekker1775
Check out Forloh.
US made.

Im impressed with the soft shell stuff I have.
Do not own their hard shell gear.
Based on my experience, would buy it if I was in need of a 3 layer set though
I picked up a Forloh soft shell and it is very well made and fits nicely. Looks high quality, will see as I put it through the paces during elk season, etc. Sign up for SMS and they give 20% off of first purchase!