• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Received a knock off JP ULMOS from OpticsPlanet

Oporko

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2021
TX
Posting to warn and vent. Received this from OpticsPlanet 3 days ago. Fake BCG, bolt and pin are missing completely. No idea how this could have happened (mb someone ordered it before, replaced with a golden hand painted $50 bcg and returned it, that would be my best guess). OP said they’ll do investigation. Working with their customer service to get a replacement.

Attachments

• IMG_3114.jpeg
    IMG_3114.jpeg
    873 KB · Views: 319
  • camphoto_824023566.jpeg
    camphoto_824023566.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 335
  • camphoto_33463914.jpeg
    camphoto_33463914.jpeg
    400.7 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_3117.jpeg
    IMG_3117.jpeg
    722.8 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_3116.jpeg
    IMG_3116.jpeg
    906.6 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_3115.jpeg
    IMG_3115.jpeg
    843.9 KB · Views: 328
Last edited:
optics planet is trash
I mean, I’ve bought my fair share from them, customer service is meh, ETA for shipping is typically months off etc, but this is totally new level.
P.S. customer service told me - please send it back. We will investigate how this happened. I asked to send a replacement, first customer service rep said no, 2nd said we could do early one once your package starts moving towards us. Well, at least it was cheap 🤣

Optics planet sucks but if some asshole bought it and swapped a fake and returned it committing fraud, I can’t fault OP. They have to sell returns because they can’t just chuck the shit in the trash because someone returned it and you can’t expect air heads to catch that shit when it comes back, you’re lucky if most of them can even identify it as a BCG.

People fucking suck and with Amazon type return policy’s that everyone expects nowadays problems like these aren’t going to go away.

Update: OpticsPlanet charged me again without my authorization, but apparently shipping a replacement soon.

• Wow
Reactions: DIBBS
Had the same thing happen with a Steiner laser. Some one put a paint ball (?) one in the box. They sent a new one right away.

Ok guys, I feel like I’m going nuts. I’ve received a replacement today. A real JP ULMOS. BUT. Is it me, or it’s at minimum a bit used? 🤦🏻‍♂️ OP for sure can make you paranoid. I don’t recall anything like this on my other JP things.
Edit: cam pin looks absolutely new tho…

IMG_3166.jpeg
IMG_3167.jpeg
IMG_3168.jpeg
IMG_3169.jpeg
IMG_3170.jpeg

Last edited:
Someone probably bought one, swapped it for chinesium, and returned it.

This is why we inspected returns so carefully when I worked at a gun retailer. It happens.
Saw one that was likely something similar on eBay. Some pawn shop selling a Razor LH 2-10 but the scope by the box in the photos was 50 dollar Bushnell 3-9.

I no longer really have anything bad to say about OP. I check items I order to make sure they are in stock. Their prices are usually good and their shipping is usually free. My packages have been correct and on time.

Ok guys, I feel like I’m going nuts. I’ve received a replacement today. A real JP ULMOS. BUT. Is it me, or it’s at minimum a bit used? 🤦🏻‍♂️ OP for sure can make you paranoid. I don’t recall anything like this on my other JP things.
Edit: cam pin looks absolutely new tho…

View attachment 8325984View attachment 8325985View attachment 8325986View attachment 8325987View attachment 8325988
Yep, they sent you a used condom… The slide marks on the gas key and bolt head are a dead giveaway. Send it back. Get a refund. Buy one from someone that’s NOT O.P. 👍🏼

Dang, that sucks...

But thanks... for reminding me that I wanted to try out an old/new aluminum ULMOS (which I will not be ordering from Optics Planet lol).

This thread title is true for a reason.
You're welcome to add your experience to this thread.

Reactions: FuhQ