• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Recomend scopes for a .22

sirk798

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2011
First off I will say I am very new to scopes. My only exp. is the scope I have a my AR15 (Primary arms 1x4x24)I am looking for a pretty good scope for my .22 (Remington 552)keeping in mind this is not a high dollar rifle. I just want something "good." Oh and some rings too? Thanks for any ideas you can give.

Re: Recomend scopes for a .22

How much?? For a non trainer .22 I really like the little Leupold 4x and 2-7x rimfire scopes.

Good Joke? Don't waste your time or money! Counter sniper are 100 % junk. Do a Counter Sniper search here on the HIDE and educate yourself. Actually do a search on Any scope, thinking about before you buy one!

Sam

What distance are you going to be shooting at? Are us using it stand prone, or of the bench? What is the purpose of the rifle?

I run a Leupold vx-2 3-9 EFR it's a great rimfire scope. Have a look works great on my Cooper, would not change a thing.

Merlinn

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical_Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What distance are you going to be shooting at? Are us using it stand prone, or of the bench? What is the purpose of the rifle? </div></div>

shooting 100 yards. All positions. I am not wanting to spend more than 200 for this. I just can't justify more on this project.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get a USO SN9</div></div>
That would be perfect!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CCCCanuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Weaver RV-7 Rimfire scope. Great glass for the price, solid construction, $140.

Weaver RV-7 - SWFA </div></div>

I have this model Weaver on an old Mossberg. Nice scope with clear glass.

For the money and everything factored in, Vortex Crossfire all the way. Can't beat the warrenty and customer service if anything ever goes wrong.

I'm somewhat of a fan of Vortex scopes because of what they offer for the price, but for a no frills setup on a .22 that is very functional, I'd have to say I'd go with the Nikon fixed 4X or the Weaver that was mentioned above. The Crossfire doesn't even come close to either the Nikon or Weaver.

I love the leupy 2-7 rimfire. Picked mine up used at a small show for $50
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 45Badger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the leupy 2-7 rimfire. Picked mine up used at a small show for $50
cool.gif
</div></div>
$50.00? Even though it is used, thats' what a smokin' deal. I wish that there were gun show deals like that out here, I've got a 2-X 28mm RF Compact on my old Winchester 9422 and they make a great combination.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">sirk798</span></span> - if you can find an <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">old</span></span> Leupold compact used like <span style="font-style: italic">45Badger</span> and some Leupold Ringmounts for $200.00 or less that would be a very good deal and well worth it.

Keith

Bushnell 3200 tactical 10x
weaver grandslam tactical 3-10x44mm mil/mil
Mueller tactical scopes
konus m30
vortex viper series
nikon buckmasters

all are decent scopes for the money between 200-300 dollars. I think of those that I listed the muellers are the least expensive.

For a 22 rimfire rifle. Either a 2-7 or 3-9 take your pick in your affordable cost range.

I agree with M21, For a .22 you dont need to get the highest quality optics out there. Just get something in the $100-$250 range that you feel has good enough glass to allow you to get a good picture of your target. I always take a look at what the warrenty covers and factor that into the price. Because we all know shit happens.