• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Redfield 3x9 1966 era Price

Re: Redfield 3x9 1966 era Price

At one time, there was a fairly strong market for the Redfield accurange as used on the M40, with the correct scopes selling for $400-$600. Unfortunately that market seems to have faded away, a standard Redfield 3-9 perhaps $125 in todays market.

Sounds about right, if you can find an actual accurange 1" tube you may get a higher price. The target or standard fine wire not so much anymore.

So what do you have, although you can not sell it until you hit 100 post, just curious.

Don,t have it yet, but I have a chance to pick up a 1966 era green redfield 3x9 used on the USMC M40.

Doc for a real one, they go for around $2500-$3k. I would ask the seller for the serial number and pics and run it by the guys on this thread http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3490806

They should be able to verify the serial range to help ensure you are getting the real deal.

There should be two serials, the Redfield one, and then the rifles serial number scribed onto the scope tube.

Also get on google and take a look at the real scopes, they are not uniform in color, the anodizing wear uneven. Some look brown and green in different places along the scope.

DocLes - I know where there's an original circa '66 green anodized USMC Accurange for $7500 right now - fully functioning and absolutely mint -guaranteed genuine. This is the guy I bought my x8 USMC Unertl from (the price on that was bang on the then-market price) so he seems pretty realistic.

There is a '70's 3-9 in black (minty) for $600 on Ebay right now (search Redfield Accu-Range USMC)

Hope this helps?

Docles, Xarmor sold a real nice one here on the Hide a few months ago, I believe he was asking $3500. I have seen them sell for less than that on Ebay and they were the real Mccoys, Chris from SWFA bought one a few years ago when I considered the market interest signifcantly higher than it is today, also I wouldn't consider the scope unless it came with correct 40X base and the correct rings. roggom not all the green ones had the rifle serial numbers on them. Docles, by the way I heard Chandler had one for sale, but that was a ways back, also I believe his scope was unmarked(ie no rifle serial # on it)

Nice looking rig you have there. I just ordered a M-40 from Chuck Mawhenney that was shipped yesterday. I might as well buy the green one on E-Bay. Also have a M40A1 ordered from Norm Chandler. CAN'T WAIT!!!