• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

rem xmark trigger

Bob munden

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2012
has anyone put a spring to drop the pull weight on the xmark? how did it work out for you?

Re: rem xmark trigger

I put a new spring in it, and it worked its way heavier again, so I replaced it with a Timney.

all I know is that damn jam nut is hanging way down in the trigger guard, and the trigger still feels like I have to wrestle it. I actually observed no difference in the weight of the squeeze. New springs or not, that thing is ridiculous!

I've replaced mine with both Timney and Shilen. Better and more consistent pull, and easier to adjust to where you want them

My 5r had a recall on it. The bolt release stopped working and Rem sent a replacement trigger. I could live with the original, but the replacement trigger is crap.

I tried adjusting mine, I never noticed a difference. It got a little more consistent with some Slip EWL lube, or maybe it's just me. Still felt like I'm pulling a truck though. I'm probably just gonna replace here soon as well.

I replaced mine with a timney as well, Xmark trigger never adjusted down for me either!

Just curious if anyone has put a trigger pull gauge on theirs to see if there is any difference in the weight after adjustment.

I dropped my SPS TAC from 5.5 lbs to a very inconsistent 3.5 lbs before I replaced it with a Timney 510. To date, I have not measured the Timney 510 pull weight, but it is more consistent and has a cleaner break.

Doesn't the military use the stock trigger tuned to 2.5lbs? I wonder what they do to make them so reliable and crisp?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DannyDifalco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Doesn't the military use the stock trigger tuned to 2.5lbs? </div></div>

I was under the impression that they used a 40x trigger in the M24. I don't know where that was impressed upon me or if it is current, but that's what I thought.

GAP uses the xmark tuned to 2.5 lbs as the standard on their builds. I went for the Jewell in my build, but I am re-thinking my decision. The Jewell is treating me fine, and is a great trigger, but I have in my mind that it is the weak link in my build.

i would get a timney and forget about it, jewell is nothing but a pain in the ass. i had a jewell and sent it back to them 2 times so i returned it and bought a timney. with the money i saved from the jewell i bought a 2nd. the timney is a way better trigger and i could write a book about why to not get a jewell. i just have a couple of 700s that are factory that my wife and daughter shoot and thats why i was looking into the xmark spring but by the way it looks they will also be getting timneys. good luck on the build Gregch44! get a timney and you wont have a reason to look back!

I just replaced my xmark pro with a Timney 517 last night. Haven't shot it yet, but it is MUCH nicer just dry firing.

my gap tuned xmark feels incredible...but worried about the long haul...plus i prefer a wider shoe.

I tried all kinds of crap to get the X-Mark to feel just decent. I also tried Timney, Shilen and Jewel. The Timney was nice, but I was never able to get all of the creep out of it and I didn't like the wide trigger. I really like the Jewel, but on my target rifle, I was never really going to see the benefit of the Jewel, so I tried a Shilen.

I'm still running the Shilen. It breaks at a pretty crisp 2lbs, everytime. It's very consistent.

Bob, if you think Jewels are just a PITA and couldn't get them to work right, my guess would be that you were doing something wrong. Jewels are some of the finest 700 triggers on the market and I won't run anything else on a bench rifle.

i would like to agree with me doing something wrong when setting them up but had a bunch of my buddys with jewells try to tune mine and they couldnt get the slack out of it as well, we could get it to break like a dream with no slack but had minimal sear eng and the rifle would slam fire, thats why i am not a fan of them, if all i did was sit on a bench and not worry about slam fires i would still have the jewell cause it felt very very good just not a safe option if trying to take a fast follow up shot on a hog and when the bolt slams the gun goes bang thats no good

by the way my cheap timney works better than the jewell the only downfall to it is the trigger pull weight isnt as adjustable as the jewell, i can only get the timney down to just over a pound when bench shooting, the other plus for the jewell is you could do most of the adjusting while the action was in the stock, timney kind of sucks when you want to adjust you have to pop off the stock, not a big deal but there were benifits to the jewell. i think the best triggers are the old style remington, i can set those up to be super crisp, and light, but like the timney the stock has to be removed to adj.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bob munden 45lc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">has anyone put a spring to drop the pull weight on the xmark? how did it work out for you?</div></div>
I installed one of the lighter (PFS) trigger springs and it has done what it states, I have a WAY lighter trigger, I had thought about getting either the Timney or Jewell but for the $12 spring for now im just gonna roll with it and see how it go's, if it starts acting up then i still have the Jewell/Timney as an option. I dont see having any problems with this though as the only thing it has done is lightened up the trigger to a manageable place. I see others may have had a bad experience but its a cheap quick fix and I think its worth a try,
I also dont have a way to measure the actual pounds for the trigger but my calibrated finger says YES

It's not much of an up grade to some but it's been a really sweet up grade to me.I just bought two later made Remington triggers and put them in place of my X-mark triggers.Just had to adjust one since the other had been adjusted already.I am a happy camper.

Look around and you can find them pretty cheap,got mine for $40 each shipped to my house.