• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ruger 10/22 Take Down Scope, recommendation?

cundiff5535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2012
Mokena IL
Hey guys, I am looking for a take down scope recommendation. Basically just want a decent scope on it! I would like to get a Vortex but, I am unsure where to go from there? I had an older Nikon Omega 4-12x44 but, its to big to get the thing apart and together. Probably not the best for a "bug out" all around type scope. Thoughts on what will work best?

Back to the Vortex.... Crossfire, Diamondback, Viper? I really dont want to sink to much into this one:)

Thanks!

10/22 Takedown is great with the standard iron sights on it.
Kinda my thoughts too. I would need a lot of convincing that a receiver mounted optic on a removable barrel is consistently repeatable.

The irons are mounted on the barrel so they will stay lined up. Ruger really should have though about a picatinny or even a dove-tail mount on the barrel like their "Scout Rifle." Then you could use an EER scope.

Kinda my thoughts too. I would need a lot of convincing that a receiver mounted optic on a removable barrel is consistently repeatable.

The irons are mounted on the barrel so they will stay lined up. Ruger really should have though about a picatinny or even a dove-tail mount on the barrel like their "Scout Rifle." Then you could use an EER scope.

I knew I had forgot why the aimpoint pro never went on the takedown. This was why.