• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

SAC did it again!!

GardDog

LT
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2009
New Orleans
I shipped off a Plano case full of pieces to Mark Gordon from Short Action Customs ( His website ) and below are pictures of the result of his toil. It was a .308 700P that now resides in a USMC Spec McM A4 with Badger bottom metal. He trimmed the barrel to 20" and threaded it to 5/8"-24 for the YHM Phantom 7.62 QD.

He had done a fantastic job with my Win 70 project (Thread Link), so it was a quick decision to send the job to Mark.

I'll be impatiently waiting for the FedEx truck, until it arrives. I can't wait to get it to the range.

Here are some teaser pictures that Mark sent me.

IMG_0211Large.jpg

IMG_0209Large.jpg

IMG_0210Large.jpg

IMG_0207Large.jpg

Re: SAC did it again!!

Plus, I have the Seekins SRS in hand, waiting my turn for the Atlas V8 to arrive. Add in the NXS and I will be finally done with my 308.

Very nice looking rifle, if my bottom metal will ever get here I will be sending mine off to him also.

Thanks. I had been gathering the pieces for almost a year. It feels great to finally have it all come together.

Someone of vast experience on this forum made a post to the effect of "One rifle, one scope, one load." I had kind of lost specific direction and was working on multiple rifle projects, with several handloads each. Now I can focus on improving my skill sets with this rifle and continue to work on becoming a better shooter.

Yeah Mark does great work. I see that you have the YHM Phantom QD. I have the same can and a SAC rifle, as I'm sure you already know you will be awestruck with the performance of your rifle! Congrats!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dudeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just figured out how to upload pics in here so here is mine that he built.
37436_103721256346959_1000012725411.jpg

37436_103721216346963_1000012725411.jpg

37436_103721206346964_1000012725411.jpg

I love this gun.</div></div>

Now what <span style="color: #FF0000">WE</span> really need to do is for <span style="color: #CC0000">YOU</span> to invite some of your Va. brethern out to blast some of the numerous Groundhogs.

Those are a couple of good lookin rifles. Hopin to save my pennies and get myself one here in the next couple years

Well I would love too blast so g-hogs with you but I'm currently with the use of only one arm right now because of shoulder surgery. So we will have too see how quickly I get through rehab.

11B3B4- If you are serious about getting a rifle like this get it all done at once through Mark. Piecing the parts together over time sucks. I think its a better investment to just get it done at once. Probably cheaper too.

GardDog- Your rifle looks pretty sick as well! You will have to give us an update as to how well it shoots when you get it.

You all should check with Mark when starting a build.He usually has some rifle parts hidden somewhere.May be able to save yourself time.

I got my package from the FedEx man today. Outstanding work and fantastic transaction.

Thanks again Mark!!

I mounted the NXS and wanted to show you how she looks:

Rem700P4.jpg

Just waiting on the Atlas V8 and I'll be done.

Not yet. Between the rain and being laid up after surgery, I haven't made it out to the range yet. I'll post some pictures of the range results, hopefully next week.

Glad to hear about another good smith out there. I always like when the guy doing the work for me is a good communicator and let's me know about the status of the work that I have requested.

Communication is Mark`s second strong point after being a smith.I`ve had my share of work done by Mark.And couldn`t be happier.As you may have scene I throw his business on as many threads as I can.Two of the biggest things people want are quality an turn around time....All that at the right price...You can`t beat Short Action Customs.

Guys, thanks for the kind words. This is what I love to do and I'm here to serve the shooters. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

John, thank you again for your business.

Mark

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: US Handgunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

John, thank you again for your business.

Mark </div></div>

You're welcome. I hope that you get swamped with business. Hahaha, you are a victim of your own success. That's what you get for doing such great work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dudeman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where is the range report? </div></div>

Sorry for the delay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NONDO284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sweet rifle!!! Let us know how she groups.. </div></div>

I finally refined my suppressor POI shift and got to run 5-6 loads through it last week. I went back today and only shot two loads: 168gr FGMM and 175 gr SMK over 46.0 gr of Varget.

175 SMK's
IMG_0384.jpg

168 FGMM (Forgive the flyer, low & left. Heartbeat got me.)
IMG_0385.jpg