• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Saiga 240 Forend Won't Come Out- Help!

5hans5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
CT
I've got a new Saiga 240 (hunter's type 5.45x39) and finally had a chance to clean it. I stripped it down and thought about taking the forend off, but there aren't instructions for that. Some have a screw in the receiver behind the forend, some have an additional one at the sling stud, so I took them both out. The forend is stuck in the receiver and won't come out with a slap and push (as noted on a video), by grabbing it and pulling, etc. Long and the short of it is that the back of the sling stud came off and is rattling around inside the forend so when I shoot it it's going to bang around inside there. Now I have to get the forend off and fix the sling stud.

Anyone seen a tight forend and how to get it out? I'd rather not marr up the finish if at all possible. Let me know. Thanks.

Hans