• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sako DBM Options

nutzo396

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 9, 2008
Cedar Springs, Michigan
So I shot the Bash having to top-load the entire time and realized how badly I need a magazine. I am running a Sako AV (long action) in a McM A2. Do you guys know of anyone making a mag system for the AV or of interchangability between it and any of the available Sako offerings ( TRG,955,ect)

Cheers!
Stiggy

Re: Sako DBM Options

Call Moon and ask him to work his majic and set you up with AICS mags and bottom metal. Or, I have a Rem 700 PSS in .308....
wink.gif

Merry Christmas Guys and thanks for the responces. AdamB, I'm not familiar with XLR. Do you have any contact info or is that his handle here? Graham, You know how I feel about a 700 in .308. I just have to be a little odd. I think I need to physically see a bottom metal settup with an AICS mag. I'm sure I could make one.My other question is what is the max OAL for the AICS mag that would fit a .280Rem?

The easier solution is: can you shoe-horn a Sako AV into a long action AICS? I bet it's possible. Has anyone done it?

do you have any buddies with trg42's? doubtful but it might fit in the chassis. other problem is the 280 isn't really setup to work without modifying one of the aics mags or even the trg mags.