• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Savage trr-sr a little attention went a long way.

Pilky01

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 31, 2013
Western U.S.
I have been working on my Gap-10 for the last 6months and neglecting my Savage. This was also because of the hoarding and gouging for 22lr going on right now. I have loved this little 22 since day 1. I decided to paint the stock and invest in the bottom metal and trigger guard kit from DIP. I am extremely happy with results. I used the same greasy Norma ammo as last time and my groups were so much tighter. They still aren't mind blowing and I was only shooting at 50yds but For me it was a real success. I thought I would share some pics.
y2ybany4.jpg
uguty7y8.jpg
yzu6a2e7.jpg
tumabady.jpg
yhagy5y8.jpg

The last one was my best group @50yds.

Is that a SWFA SS on top? If so, how far have you shot with that setup? Just wondering how far out you can reach without a canted base.

Is that a SWFA SS on top? If so, how far have you shot with that setup? Just wondering how far out you can reach without a canted base.

It is. It is a 20x I got here locally for $200. I have only taken it out twice and shot from 50yds both times. There is still a lot of elevation left. I rarely shoot past 100yds with my .22. A better base and mount are the next things on my list. To answer your question though I think between 150-200 i would be out of clicks. Thats my best guess.

It is. It is a 20x I got here locally for $200. I have only taken it out twice and shot from 50yds both times. There is still a lot of elevation left. I rarely shoot past 100yds with my .22. A better base and mount are the next things on my list. To answer your question though I think between 150-200 i would be out of clicks. Thats my best guess.

you might want to look into DIP 25MOA extend base

Nice rifle! Stock color looks very good.

Back when I could shoot 22 and buy more without feeling sick I used the same rifle, just cut the barrel down. Always has worked very well.

I use a murphy precision base, 40 or 40 moa I think it is, and you can lob at steel past 300 yards pretty easily. Further if your scope and reticle are up for it.

Nice rifle! Stock color looks very good.

Back when I could shoot 22 and buy more without feeling sick I used the same rifle, just cut the barrel down. Always has worked very well.

I use a murphy precision base, 40 or 40 moa I think it is, and you can lob at steel past 300 yards pretty easily. Further if your scope and reticle are up for it.

I will check those out. I had never heard of them. Hopefully 22 will be like it was soon. I miss plinking for hours like I used to.

Same link has the bottom metal and trigger guard kit. If you have a savage it is a great upgrade.

I bought just about every from DIP for my TR and for the 455 with the exception of the trigger guard for the TR. The trigger guard on the TR is made out of metal, is there benefit to go with DIP trigger guard beside the point that the guard was shift forward a little to allow more rooms when wearing gloves?

I bought just about every from DIP for my TR and for the 455 with the exception of the trigger guard for the TR. The trigger guard on the TR is made out of metal, is there benefit to go with DIP trigger guard beside the point that the guard was shift forward a little to allow more rooms when wearing gloves?

It has an over travel screw in the back that would be sweet if you had an aftermarket trigger. If you have the accutrigger still in there like me it wont work with it. It is also machined exactly like the bottom metal. I mean they machined the two holes where the action bolts in to be identical ( the one in the bottom metal and the one in the trigger guard). I thought that was a nice touch. It probably is not essential but I was impressed with it. If you have a few bucks to spend I would say it is worth it.

I have the TR version and love it just as much as my 5.56 and .308. Practicing dialing the scope from 50yds to 120yds at my go to range gives good practice for my ballistic calculator. Nice looking rifle.

They are damn fun! I never dreamed i would enjoy it as much as I have. Like you said great practice as well.

I have been working on my Gap-10 for the last 6months and neglecting my Savage. This was also because of the hoarding and gouging for 22lr going on right now. I have loved this little 22 since day 1. I decided to paint the stock and invest in the bottom metal and trigger guard kit from DIP. I am extremely happy with results. I used the same greasy Norma ammo as last time and my groups were so much tighter. They still aren't mind blowing and I was only shooting at 50yds but For me it was a real success. I thought I would share some pics.
y2ybany4.jpg
uguty7y8.jpg
yzu6a2e7.jpg
tumabady.jpg
yhagy5y8.jpg

The last one was my best group @50yds.

Don't clean it now. Next time out, see what you get. Mine liked the greasy Wolf MT and printed at 100 best ever for a rimfire for me at 100.

I just started setting up my TR. I have put a EGW 20moa picatinny rail on it. Now waiting for the Weaver Tactical 3-15x50 EMDR to arrive. Cant wait to shoot it at 100m range.