• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Say A Prayer

Abby's condition has been upgraded to stable. The shunt drained the blood pooled in head and the bleeding has stopped. No word on long term brain damage. They're going to keep her sedated for a day or two more to let her body catch up and bring her around slowly to evaluate her condition.p

I can't thank you all enough for your warm and caring response.

As for the dipshit that hit her. To his credit he did stop and fessed up to his actions. I'll let the law deal with him for now as I'm afraid my interactions with him would be disproportionately negative.

Glad to hear her condition has been upgraded.Never lose your faith in God brother. Keep the word of God close to your heart.

Prayers inbound for your daughter and your family. Yall hang in there. Keep us all posted how shes coming along

They let up on my daughter's sedation a bit this afternoon to start testing her responses to stimuli. All but one test was within normal range expectations for her current stage. However, the thing that brought me to tears was that during this testing she ever so slightly squeezed my finger.

Never take anything for granted.

Thank you all again for your well wishes and prayers.

They let up on my daughter's sedation a bit this afternoon to start testing her responses to stimuli. All but one test was within normal range expectations for her current stage. However, the thing that brought me to tears was that during this testing she ever so slightly squeezed my finger.

Never take anything for granted.

Thank you all again for your well wishes and prayers.

Keeping my wishes coming for her speedy and no-complications recovery.

Let her know that there are so many folks out there all wishing her well.

Doug

Good news.
Is she on a ventilator?

Im hoping they told you and keep talking to her. She can hear you.
Tell her good things, great memories, and how much you love her.
You wouldn't believe the things I have seen happen due to outpouring love and prayers from family.

Keeping praying. Forwarded this to an entire order of nuns to pray as well.

Reactions: Bryan W M
Hang in there, life is fragile, but she should be ok. She is lucky to have you. Those head bumps can be fatal days after the injury, but she had you to watch her and rush to hospital.

I’m a former Neurology ICU Nurse, we worked with these patients all the time. Survival rate is high as long as they are in the hospital getting care.

Reactions: powdahound76
Looking at my young daughter right now, soon to be 3, and I cant imagine what your going through. Anything we can do please let us know.

You have better restraint than I would have towards the puke that hit her. At least he did fess up and take some responsibility for his actions. Seems like many in my generation take that for granted and seem to take no responsibilities for their actions.

Prayers to you and your family

Hang tough, brother. Very happy to hear the good news about Abby. Praise the Lord. Don't sweat ONE test, that's why they do so many. At times like this you need God and your family. Your family needs you and God. Continued prayers for you and yours.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Not on the vent fortunately. In fact she was concious when I got her to the ER. However, she was confused and giving only semi appropriate responses to questions.

QUOTE="powdahound76, post: 7860873, member: 57519"]
Doug

Good news.
Is she on a ventilator?

Im hoping they told you and keep talking to her. She can hear you.
Tell her good things, great memories, and how much you love her.
You wouldn't believe the things I have seen happen due to outpouring love and prayers from family.

Keeping praying. Forwarded this to an entire order of nuns to pray as well.
[/QUOTE]

Great news!!!

As with @Who?Me? , I have spent some time taking care of these folks.
This isn't only survival, but extremely high rate of full recovery.
Bummed you, Abby, and your family have had to endure this. Am happy she is stable and this seems like a great prognosis.
Will keep praying friend!

prayers sent for her , you , and your family , fingers crossed for and fast and easy recover

Prayers for you and Abby! Hang in there and talk to her as much as you can. They are still there even though sometimes they can't respond. My girlfriend has a brain injury and at times it has been difficult but still love her just the same.

I just wanted to offer a heartfelt thank you for all of your prayers and good thoughts.

My daughter was brought out of heavy sedation this morning and although she was obviously pretty groggy, we were amazed that she immediately recognized us and even knew why she was there. It'll be a day or so before they try to get her up, but for now I'm on top of the world.

God bless you all.

Thank the Lord for the good news. So glad she is doing better and able to know what she does this soon after coming out of sedation. God is good!

Continued prayers, best wishes and positive thoughts for rapid recovery until your daughter is back to 100%.

Best to all of you Brother. Keep up the good fight Abby. Heartbreaking to here all of you going through this, but I'm certain you're all gonna be just fine. Prayers continue !!

With two little boys right down the hall, I can’t imagine what you went through and are still going through.
God is good, all the time.
Prayers sent for a quick return to normalcy.
God bless brother,
Jarrod

Reactions: jumpermed
This is great news Doug!

The memory will return with time. Brain doesnt like to be messed with and takes a while of good rest to come back.

Think what someone can be like for a while with just a concussion and no blood requiring drainage on the brain.

Im so happy about this!!!!

She's moving in bed and talking well. Some long term memory loss. She's bitching about all the tubes. That's a good sign!
In your first post (sorry, just now seeing this thread) you wondered why you even posted. As you probably subconsciously knew, this site is filled with some of the best people you never met.

I am grateful your daughter is on the mend and add my belated prayers for a full recovery to the mix. Glad to hear she's out of the woods!

She's moving in bed and talking well. Some long term memory loss. She's bitching about all the tubes. That's a good sign!
That is a good sign I pray she makes a speedy recovery! I have an 11 year old daughter named Abby this story really hit home with me.