• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sen. Tom Cotton Ranger claim ...

It looks good on officer evaluation reports. A ranger scroll means you served in regiment.

It's kinda like being awarded a bronze star for a deployment because of your rank versus earning one for valor. We all in the service look at those without a Valor device as a joke.

My old CO was awarded a bronze star, an O3(CPT) for a 9 month rotation to Germany that had left our unit with a lot of black eyes(lots of UCMJ actions).

Such a joke.

But then my medic who lost a foot and ended up pulling two guys out of a burning vehicle in Afghanistan after an IED strike was denied one, because he was just doing his job.......

Doc

You have strong opinions on the subject. I regret that you had such a bad experience with officers and the Army.

Last edited:
You have strong opinions on the subject. I regret that you had such a bad experience with officers and the Army.
Dont get me wrong. I've had great officers that I've worked for and had great times in the army.

I've always done my job to the best of my abilities, but after you get your teeth kicked in often enough, you just lose any motivation to get back up.

I will be dropping personal story and current shit fest from the Army here soon.

Doc

Does a PowerPoint Ranger tab count now? Asking for a friend.

You know, it's funny you should ask. One day while I was working on a frustrating briefing to an O-6, I walked over to a uniform shop run by local Afghan civilians. Those guys could make anything from unit patches to cheap, yet high quality wool trench coats. I had them make this for me, and substituted it for my Ranger Tab for about a month. I don't think anyone, aside from those I directly told, even realized it... but I enjoyed my little joke, and wondered when the ass-chewing from the XO, Deputy, or BDE Commander was coming... but, it never did. So, to answer your question, I guess it does count.

PPT_Tab.jpg

I really wanted a 'Very Special Forces' tab to go with my PPT Ranger tab. The Transition Team I was in was an experience, and how we made it home alive still amazes me. Funny thing is that OpsO was a Ranger School grad. If you didn't know, just bring up any subject and he had the amazing ability to somehow get the topic changed to his time at Ranger School in under 30 seconds. And the kicker is he is dumber than a box of rocks. He couldn't read a map to save our lives. He was in the lead vehicle and a few times we went places we had no business being. And his ability to lead was just yell at people instead of coming up with a plan.

from 2000

I really wanted a 'Very Special Forces' tab to go with my PPT Ranger tab. The Transition Team I was in was an experience, and how we made it home alive still amazes me. Funny thing is that OpsO was a Ranger School grad. If you didn't know, just bring up any subject and he had the amazing ability to somehow get the topic changed to his time at Ranger School in under 30 seconds. And the kicker is he is dumber than a box of rocks. He couldn't read a map to save our lives. He was in the lead vehicle and a few times we went places we had no business being. And his ability to lead was just yell at people instead of coming up with a plan.

from 2000
Reminds me of David schwimmers character in band of brothers. Just because your an officer doesn’t make you a leader. The good ones know this, the bad ones yell at everyone.

There's plenty of Airborne USMC Marines....then there's the Gold Wingers.
I went through Airborne school and Ranger School with plenty of Marines. I wish I had kept in touch with Schindler, he was a cool cat!! Probably one of the toughest dedicated infantry combat killers out there!

Reactions: HeavyAssault
And wearing a ranger tab means you went to a course......same as me doing 7ths group MAR-OPS course, doesn't make me SF.....

We always laughed at the guys who wear a ranger tab amd are in admin or like most officers who are offered the course and then their hands are held all the way through it.

Enlisted guy makes a mistake= gone
Officer makes a mistake= 200 more chances.

Just like those two female officers who WERE literally hand walked through that course. Ask me how I know when they had 3 restarts in the Florida phase alone.

Doc
I think that was a different time then when I went through! Officers had NO friends and were quick to get the boot out of there! The enlisted that came from specific units banded together and backed each other up unless the guy was a total shitbag.

Of the CPT population that attended Ranger school it is historical that only 10% of them will make it to graduation. In my class, out of 15 captains that started, only 1 graduated (and he was recycled once). Just saying

I think that was a different time then when I went through! Officers had NO friends and were quick to get the boot out of there! The enlisted that came from specific units banded together and backed each other up unless the guy was a total shitbag.

Of the CPT population that attended Ranger school it is historical that only 10% of them will make it to graduation. In my class, out of 15 captains that started, only 1 graduated (and he was recycled once). Just saying
Facts. I went through as a Captain. Of the 29 that started, I think 4 of us made it through. 2 of them went straight through. I, and another guy, got recycled. Recycling sucks!

Facts. I went through as a Captain. Of the 29 that started, I think 4 of us made it through. 2 of them went straight through. I, and another guy, got recycled. Recycling sucks!
1 of 15 that started with me. Missed my wedding to recycle on my first go.

Reactions: Sandhog308