• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shooter’s Hoodie (Prototype Pictures Up)

I have 2 of these. Velcro lined kangaroo pouch allows you to attach different inserts for magazines or other accessories. The top pouch works well for a phone. I mainly use mine for night hunting so I can have extra mags on my body without adding more kit. Very comfortable and warm enough for the cold nights in the south but may not be as good as the wool options you guys are tossing out for colder climates.

https://allskillnoluck.com/collections/drug-rugs/products/cali-combat-hoodie-green-and-grey-diamond

Reactions: oda175365
I have 2 of these. Velcro lined kangaroo pouch allows you to attach different inserts for magazines or other accessories. The top pouch works well for a phone. I mainly use mine for night hunting so I can have extra mags on my body without adding more kit. Very comfortable and warm enough for the cold nights in the south but may not be as good as the wool options you guys are tossing out for colder climates.

https://allskillnoluck.com/collections/drug-rugs/products/cali-combat-hoodie-green-and-grey-diamond

Wow.

There are some other interesting designs on that site in addition to your link.

Amazing what is available out there and one would never know.

Reactions: oda175365
I grabbed the PI softshell hoodie posted above.

It came today and is pretty kick ass

The back pocket isn’t perfect but material and build wise it’s damn nice
Let us know how the fit is. Looks pretty slim- which may actually work to your favor when using the pockets. Might keep stuff tighter to the body as you maneuver.

Should be picking up the hoodie tomorrow to show the beta version. Hopefully dont end up looking too much like a Chechen militant....

Alright Gents- was actually able to post up results of the first version. Got caught up between work and sick kids.

Velcro On Wrists
Reinforced Elbows
Reinforced Drag Pad on Belly
Raised Kangaroo Pouch- Added Fleece
Pouches On Small of Back

Results:
EC05D18B-3B6D-4905-9A6A-FA5761C0A482.jpeg
C65ED03B-AA8B-4741-8FCC-5FCE2712FD26.jpeg
5C96CEA4-8038-4F6A-88FA-C5043E08A026.jpeg
E0431F3D-A17D-450E-A927-09E1D644B704.jpeg
AB92AF98-845C-4FE9-B20F-A75953863A72.jpeg

My wants,
Padded elbows
Thumb loops (like some high end shirts do) to keep the sleeves from crawling up.
Slim or trim cut not the baggy loose fit sweatshirt
The above two would help with getting a sling on or off would also allow for a wrist or arm mounted dope card.
No front pouch
Wind proof, water resistant
No elastic at the waist

I went full Storelli

They have under shirts too that are just about perfect for shooting

The Goalkeeper Section of the site,

The Light Body Shield and I am using the Gladiator version too, the Body Shield is a nice undershirt

Reactions: THEIS
I have an old savage hoodie, nothing special feature wise but the elbows were padded and reinforced as well as the shoulder pocket on both sides. I think those are probably the most universal features any shooting specific jacket should have.

Cool to see this being brought up- just busted out for the new season- NC isnt really playing winter quite yet and still rocking the long sleeve for the most part. I used it for teaching classes - and worked fairly well. Mainly the reinforced front side for prone and working elbows in dirt. The ok: well magazine pouch placement on the ass- kinda a wash. Honestly would still rather have on the belt. At most good for a chamber flag or maybe some data cards. The bad: cheap materials- on purpose since it was just a quick project.

Overall- Ill use it again this season-but more of just a hoodie for shooting classes.

I actually busted it out yesterday and it made me think of doing it on one of those cheap”woobie-hoodies” . Just slap some skid plates on the front and elbows. Consider it a poor mans version of a Kifaru Lost Park Parka. Frank @lowlight goalkeeper stuff looks pretty good, especially with the integrated formed elbow pads.

Ill throw up some pictures soon of it in action.

v/r

I have an old savage hoodie, nothing special feature wise but the elbows were padded and reinforced as well as the shoulder pocket on both sides. I think those are probably the most universal features any shooting specific jacket should have.
I’ve had, used, and still wear the same hoodie. Had it since 2012 so it’s at least durable enough to last 8 years.