• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

any of you all planning to shoot this weekend or Monday?

Re: shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

I gotta lay low for Valentine's Day, but I should be back out there on Fri 02/22 around 13:00...

y'all letting this topic slide to page two is unacceptable. may go sunday AM anyone interested?

Did they ever fix the small swingers on the left berm at 565? or the big gongs to the right of the truck tire? Like I said a couple of pages back, the steel was GONE the beginning of January and they didn't seem to care whether they fixed it, or not.

Damn if I'm going to bring my own out there and have it all shot up...it ain't the AR500 plates...it's the fools shooting the legs (and the top) outta my steel horses....

yeah they have had the 565 stuff on both sides running for a while. I put my own steel out also and the ROs always tell people not to shoot it. only about 5% of the people there could hit it anyway and they are the ones that understand to ask first or not to shoot at it.

i had my swingers set at 775 that was fun.

i had my swingers set at 775 that was fun.

?? How'd you do that?

I didn't think they allowed (or that there was even room) to set anything down the ditch. Is there a spot partway up the berm? Never driven down there past the 565 berms, I didn't think there was an "in-between"...

Yeah there are some cut outs. mike is good about helping you find a spot if you tell him what you want to do. They are comfortable with me now so they know i aint gonna be slinging bullets everywhere.

Guys I started a group that I will be adding you all as invites to in the coming days.

Hey Overwatch! Glad you are keeping it alive!

We've had a major health crisis in the family since the holidays and I have been focusing on work and staying close to home.

Hopefully my wife's recovery will take on some momentum and I can get back down there. Hope you are well and look forward to spotting your hits soon!

Jeff i hope everything is ok. Let me know if i can do anything.

Prayers man.

So how is everyone these days? Anyone getting itchy for a trip to our beloved range?

My steel is lonely for contact.

Hope you all are doing well!

Steeltargets001.jpg

SteelTargets002.jpg

Last edited:
yes you can shoot prone and as for bringing out you own steel targets you can,it's just that you have to let the RO's know that you want to set them out

I live in Jacksonville and frequent BSF in Starke, but Im pondering making a trip tp Manatee. Id like to be around more precision shooters, meet people and share info. Whats the membership fee? Thanks!

Shit...

James, Can't make it today.

Looks like it'll be another couple weeks before I can out there.

Mrs. Q is recovering well and getting out and about more. We're starting to think she'll be back to 100% in another few weeks!

I miss that place!

This thread is ages old. Has anyone put a group together at Manatee. I stopped by a few weeks agoand it looks like a nice range with 1k metal.

hey Jim, long time no hear...LOL. I really enjoyed K&M. Manatee is also quite a nice facility. We shoot PRONE in Hernando also. LMK if you want to stop up. The range is open all days except Monday. Harold

Nice day at the range, a little windy but very nice. Here are some photos from the trip and of the range if you haven't been out yet.

3 5 shot groups first left messing with my scope,second on the top of the x,third top just held high
zt7zo5.jpg

targets at 1,022 yards top row 10in swinger bottom row 8in swingers
2cfeibd.jpg

left berm at 565yrds with a few small swingers 4in
21nmvcp.jpg

right berm at 565yrds. with 2 swingers
zmgqa.jpg

hey Jim, long time no hear...LOL. I really enjoyed K&M. Manatee is also quite a nice facility. We shoot PRONE in Hernando also. LMK if you want to stop up. The range is open all days except Monday. Harold

How often are they opening up the 200 yard range at Hernando these days Harold? I've enjoyed that club but it's a little more of a hump to drive to than Manatee.

I've only been to Knights Trail with my rifle so far. I need to take it to Manatee to stretch it's legs! How do you guys like it?

Queequeg, only once a month for the 200. I need to see if they can change that at Hernando. Its not in use half the time.

Last edited:
well, I ran low on ammo and loading supplies so shooting got put on hold.But now I am just about set for a few more months of shooting,just need LR primers only 100 left.

james

So I registered to this forum just for this thread.
I am new as new can be. I recently bought a Glock .45 30 SF and a Bushmaster AR-15 .223/556 1/9 twist. I also bought an ACOG 4x32 sight as well. I have been going to my local range here in Orlando every weekend for about 5 months and have already put well over a thousand rounds through the AR but my range (50 yard indoor range max) is limiting and been looking forever for a longer range to improve my distance shooting. I bought my Brother an AR as well because I got a decent price on mine so he is coming down to visit. He is an Army Reserve Designated Marksman so he may bring some extra goodies and I am sure he will be able to help me on his visit. I got very excited when I found this forum and saw that this range is my best bet. My question is are there any rules listing I can read up on so I don't look like an idiot when I go and is there anything I need before I go? I read some comments about nasty RO's and also having to bring your own targets. I don't currently have any and wonder where how to acquire some decent ones. I just want to have a good time and not rely on my brother for everything.

Last edited:
Sorry there has been no earlier reply to your question.

There are rules as at any other club but they are not onerous or unusual. You will have to fill out a form as a first timer there; takes about ten minutes. When you pay the fee they'll give you a large paper target on a backer that can be placed on any of the stands that are laying out on the range at distance intervals, all the way out to ~ 600 yards.

The targets previous posters referred to are steel targets. The club allows you to bring your own steel, clays and some "other stuff" occasionally. I brought half a case of Diet Dr. Pepper last December and we shot those cans at the 465 line! And you damn sure knew when you hit them! But they frown on targets that might become trash anywhere but at the 565 yard bank.

The pistol range is limited to 20 yards or so and you need to mind your brass if you reload. Also, there seems to always be an asshole with an AK47 who wants to do mag dumps at the pistol range, showering everyone to their right with their brass.

But the rifle range is where the magic is there and I think you'll enjoy it. Perhaps you already have.

Im game for either the 25th or 26th? Will that work for you? Going to be pretty busy this weekend with Family.

I'd love to do Saturday 5/25. Gives me time to get prepped and doesn't kill the weekend. I'll have a better handle on next weekend by midweek. I'm expecting an awful week and this would be a nice way to blow off some steam. Unless of course the awfulness is more awful than I expect...

Hola Amigos.....

Been a while I know, I have not spent hardly anytime on here in the past couple of months. I have been shooting though, we went to cookville last weekend for PTS. was good time.

James I have some Rem 91/2 if you need them.

When you guys getting back out? My objective is to find a H1000 load for my 243AI.

Also guys check the K&M calendar the next panhandle match is in June/July timefram if you wanna shoot.

OW! How are ya?

K&M...Hmmm Drove by there several times over the last year, never had time to stop, shoot, experience the awesomeness. They say if you're too busy to fish, you're too busy.

I feel that way about the last year. I haven't been to Manatee since December, nor to WAC in St. Pete since October! I have got some loading done and will be doing more soon. Also picked up a .243 M700 to load for. I'm going with H4350 to start: Nothing terribly imaginative! Glad to hear you are doing well.

Let me know when your ready to head out and shoot again. I am in.
?
You need some Lapua brass for that 243?

I just found this thread. I used to shoot Manatee every other weekend till I moved from Palm Beach County to N. Florida. Have you all ever gotten together to shoot on the weekend they shoot the gong match? My buddies and I would travel up there and shoot the match then play the rest of the day or weekend. It was 185 miles one way, now 235, but if you don't mind another and I'm free on the day you guy's shoot, I travel.

Holy Fucking Shit what year is it!!!? Give me a second to shake it off.......Oh Mylanta

Im down for next Sunday or when We All Can Make It Out The Same Day

Ren I still got a box with a shit load of brass in it for you. 13hr days are killing me. No me time

Got canned too..and Im not talking fired..though that would be funny and hard to do......

IMG_2579.jpg

IMG_2584.jpg

Looking Damn good Alan!!!!

The earliest I can get out will be the 29th or 30th. This month is already booked full for me, and it hasn't even really started yet!