• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

I can do next Sunday, 6/16 though it is Father's day in case you guys had plans.

I'll keep my eye on this thread a little more closely going forward.

OW, I am a known brass whore so yeah I'm interested! I bought 100 Lapua cases because that was all I could find! Whatch got and how much do you want for them?

Look forward to seeing you guys for steamy steel smashing!

Quee.... I got a box of 100 80 new 20 once fired. you tell me what they are worth to you and i am good.

Not sure I can make it sunday or not but I need to get out.

I got my TBAC a few weeks back and ready to try it out. and since Al posted a picture of his I figure I should too..

null_zps8e7edbb4.jpg
[/URL]

In Florida, I do all my precision long range shooting at Bradford Sportsmen's Farm located at 11394 SW 106th Avenue, in Graham, FL.

Unlike the "just show up, pay n' shoot" ranges mentioned above...at Bradford Farms you must first "Qualify" @ 200 - 400 - 600 and 860 yards with Three (3) "Consecutive Hits" on each target no matter conditions.

If ya don't have the skills to do that, the RangeMaster (and he's tough & experienced at the championship level) won't let you step foot on the range again.

Have any Snipers Hide members in Florida qualified yet? If yes, perhaps we could meet up one future day at Bradford's range and send some lead downrange.

Great place to sponge up-to-date ideas & concepts as most shooters there are active duty military or competitive LR Shooters, and information is shared among brothers in arms fairly freely.

vfin

Last edited:
Quee.... I got a box of 100 80 new 20 once fired. you tell me what they are worth to you and i am good.

Not sure I can make it sunday or not but I need to get out.

I got my TBAC a few weeks back and ready to try it out. and since Al posted a picture of his I figure I should too..

null_zps8e7edbb4.jpg
[/URL]

LMFAO

I scrolled down a little and seen the tip
and was "alright cool" scrolled
the rest of the way down and spit
my water out all over the place.

In Florida, I do all my precision long range shooting at Bradford Sportsmen's Farm located at 11394 SW 106th Avenue, in Graham, FL.

Unlike the "just show up, pay n' shoot" ranges mentioned above...at Bradford Farms you must first "Qualify" @ 200 - 400 - 600 and 860 yards with Three (3) "Consecutive Hits" on each target no matter conditions.

If ya don't have the skills to do that, the RangeMaster (and he's tough & experienced at the championship level) won't let you step foot on the range again.

Have any Snipers Hide members in Florida qualified yet? If yes, perhaps we could meet up one future day at Bradford's range and send some lead downrange.

Great place to sponge up-to-date ideas & concepts as most shooters there are active duty military or competitive LR Shooters, and information is shared among brothers in arms fairly freely.

vfin

Never heard of it. I'll just drive a little farther to K&M which is the best facility in the country.

Was there on 5/10 for the last time before relocating to Utah permanently.

Which one of you high speeders was there with a 2ID hat on with a breathing cycle so loud while prone that it sounded like you were bench pressing a Buick? :)

I was invited up there once before by someone here on The Hide. Don't recall who that was but it seems like a great club. I had not heard there were "try outs" and the idea of not being allowed to step foot on the range again sounds, frankly, like horse shit.

That is something that should be reserved for dangerous, stupid or hopelessly incompetent shooters. If it is in fact a private club then oh well...

AMEN brother.....last thing I need in my life is more High and Mighty weekend warrior RO's. If i want to be treated like and idiot from an idiot then I can drive 30 minutes to manatee, WAC, Shoot straight..... and the list goes on. Good advertising for the place though....

any of you clowns want to go to K&M on the weekend of July 27th? There is a panhandle match on Sat and good times to be had after and shoot on sunday then head home????

Never really shot at a match like that before but I might be game.......

I guess you have to start somewhere..?

any of you clowns want to go to K&M on the weekend of July 27th? There is a panhandle match on Sat and good times to be had after and shoot on sunday then head home????

When would you be heading up there OW? Super early morning drive Saturday or Friday afternoon. It's about 6 hours drive correct? Mrs. Q just gave me the go ahead but obviously work and funds have to be aligned. Sure sounds like a good time though!

i typically leave friday afternoon b/c the match starts at 0630. You are more than welcome to ride along. It is 6 hours to crestview. I usually stay in crestview at a cheap hotel (booked on hotwire for ~50$).

U got my number so let me know. I usually wait until the day of or before to make my final decision. but I am 99% sure i am going.

O_W I actually didn't get a ration from Mrs. Q when I mentioned the possibility! Depends on finances and work load however but I should have a better idea in the next couple weeks.

Does the match require registration?

As to this Sunday, 6/30, I would love to make a trip down there. I have loads completed and am anxious to resume!

Al, seems like you are in? Anyone else?

Last edited:
i might be able to make it down there sunday AM. I need to shoot this new suppressor anyways.

I will not be able to attend guys. Ive got a bunch of stuff to do this weekend after being gone a week on Vaca.

Yes Im in as long as you guys are in.

I dying to shoot my can too.

Plus I need to leave my rifle with Woody so he can chop it down to 16.25" or 18" I havent decided yet.

Are you sure Ren.. ;-)

Let Me Know
AL

On another note JC Steel has Spring Back Poppers $99 shipped They look like fun

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6_PVWcd9lEE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm set up to be there in the morning. Should be messy, wet, humid, rainy and perhaps not real crowded! Got to move a bunch of stuff out of the truck and load the gear. I should be there at 9:00.

A good afternoon to shoot today! Thanks for coming out today Al and for bringing your skull to keep my girls company! Challenging just to see those targets, let alone hit them in the pouring rain!

One upside to the crappy weather: The range was douchebag free! Nothing stupid happened all day!

MAN oh MAN would i have liked to have been there. Just too much stuff piled up on my "to do" list with all the damn rain we have had.

I was thinking of going this thursday or friday AM.

MAN oh MAN would i have liked to have been there. Just too much stuff piled up on my "to do" list with all the damn rain we have had.

I was thinking of going this thursday or friday AM.

There's a lot to be said for Thursday or Friday at that Club! Far fewer people is one strong comment!

It's a little slow this week and I wasn't looking for anything to do on the 4th-7th other than celebrating my oldest girl's birthday. We need some joy around here!

But Thursday or Friday may work out for me as well!

Good idea.

i am in for Thursday or Friday. Jeff, let me know if a day works better for you.

A good afternoon to shoot today! Thanks for coming out today Al and for bringing your skull to keep my girls company! Challenging just to see those targets, let alone hit them in the pouring rain!

One upside to the crappy weather: The range was douchebag free! Nothing stupid happened all day!

Oh man what a awesome time shooting in the rain was cool as hell.
Even though I had to switch to the bench because of all the water so that took a little getting used to but
towards the end I figured my body position so next time it will be a seamless transition if needed.

Too bad I shot like crap for most of the day Either Im rusty or I didnt let the barrel/can cool down enough cause I was
hitting just fine early on. Damn 10round mags. When we shoot I usually single load so Im really hoping that was the problem.

I dropped the Honey Badger off with Woody to chop her down to 16.25" hehehehe cant wait

When are we going again?

AL

Sorry I missed the post O_W.

You up to tomorrow? That would be Friday 7/5?

I'm working on my stock of .223/5.56 brass! Got most of it resized but about half of it needs to have the primer crimps swaged and then there's the trimming, chamfering, etc., etc.,

But i have a good stock of .308 and .243 laid up still. Let me know!

I'll text you.

Jerry,

I hadn't made any firm plans as I have to work tomorrow. So Sunday is all I have at this point. My daughters may want to shoot pistols though and that usually means WAC in St. Pete...I'll know later tomorrow.

Jerry,

Sorry I can't make it tomorrow. Had to work most of the day and I have a shit ton of paper work to get done and perhaps, catch up on a back log of reloading chores. And maybe mow my mess of a lawn...

What about next weekend? It's bound to be pretty sloppy way out there by now as, at least here in Tampa, we've gotten about 12" of rain in the last two weeks! But it'll be good out to 600-700 yards and the heat and humidity keeps a lot of folks at home.

I'm sorry it took me this long to get back to you.

BTW, where are you located?

Thanks,

Jeff

I think we got 12 inches of rain today, I have a wedding next weekend let me see what day I am open.

Located in West Miramar a mile from the swamp&27.

Last edited:
Ok I got my plans altered for the match on the 27th, thus I must do a lot of shooting before the match in Sept. I will likely go 2-3 times in Aug and 1-2 in Sept.

You guys see the new hostage flapper target system from Ryan at BigDog Steel? Its in the group buy for 349$ it looks awesome but is a tad spendy.

What about this weekend?

Looking at these steel targets, I wonder if we would be allowed to use these at Manatee as they look best suited for 100 - 200 yards. They would be a real challenge for us at 565 yards though!

e0sv.jpg

Last edited:
Any idea on time O_W?

I have some loads and case prep I'm trying to finish up but otherwise, I'm in pretty good shape for a trip right now!

Might be able to make it there on Sunday as well!

Thursday ought to be great for you there TacDriver. I haven't managed a weekday visit there in over a year. It's often very sparsely populated there on Thursdays and Fridays and free of douche bags!

Wish I could join you.

well the fucked up back kept me from doing shit this weekend. It's hell getting old.

I'm ready. I've got good lots of my favorites and a couple different loads to work out.

I loaded up some rounds with XBR8208 I want to try out.

Probably won't be any let up in the rains for another month and the golf courses are all cart path only! ;)

Hopefully O_W found some petite flower to walk on his back and he and Ren will show up with Dirt Dart, James, Tony and some of the others who haven't been out in too damn long!