• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

well I got a message from a lady who weighed more than the building she was working in....does that count? my back does feel better....I could be persuaded to go sunday. I have a 300blk sbr that needs some attention.

anyone planning on going tomorrow? (sunday - 9/1)

Yeah...went Sunday with my sons. Great day for shooting, even the rains eluded us save for a little bit at the end of the day.

Can someone tell me the size of the plates at 1000? Kicked up dirt next to them...but hits were elusive for me.

I think the regular ones are 12" and the big .50 cal ones are 18"

We'll I had good intentions to go Monday but......

i am going sat. I have to shoot ans my 300blk sbr needs attention.

Hey Queequeg,
If I showed up do you thing you could teach me how to shoot????? LOL .

Been awhile I will keep and eye one here to see when the next date is and try to make it.

REN, you still shooting???

Hey Queequeg,
If I showed up do you thing you could teach me how to shoot????? LOL .

Been awhile I will keep and eye one here to see when the next date is and try to make it.

REN, you still shooting???

I've been almost as scarce there as you TDR!

Saturday is a work day for me but Sunday is a distinct possibility! Supposed to be a dry day with a northerly wind! Haven't seen that since May!

I have rounds loaded and shootin irons eager to spew!

I need to exercise my Barrett M82.. So it is getting close to a time for a visit and whats even better, its a 20 mile drive!

Whats going on Gents! Yeah... still shooting but very little. Looks like the owner of the company may be selling us off. So my future is big time up in the air! I'm watching four big wigs from another big insurance company in our conference room right now!

So If you guys want dibs on any of my gear let me know. Ill cut some sweet deals on my glass and rifles, and you guys know first hand how they look and shoot. AR's...its all going to go, factory 5.56 ammo the good stuff too, not some factory seconds reloaded knock off stuff...

I've also got all kinds of stupid shit stashed away in the closet for a rainy day, its all for sale... shoot some PMs to me if you want some details. Alan, if you want some ammo let me know!

This sucks, but I'm being pro-active and not re-active. I've got a little boy to take care of.

Last edited:
Damn Dale, HAte to hear it. I'll text you and see what I can help with.

Was a good day at the range yesterday, the asshole ROs were out in force.

Hate to hear that Dale. Thought about you today as I was driving over the Skyway Bridge; saw a nice Coast Guard vessel that looked like a large, armed, bad ass cabin cruiser, with titties! Thought you might know what it was.

O_W , you still inclined to do head over to manatee tomorrow?

QQ, The ole 243 was rocking on thurdsay and I am out of ammo so I wasn't able to come on sunday. Am headed to K&M this weekend for the grind so I have 250 to load for it.

Whats going on Gents! Yeah... still shooting but very little. Looks like the owner of the company may be selling us off. So my future is big time up in the air! I'm watching four big wigs from another big insurance company in our conference room right now!

So If you guys want dibs on any of my gear let me know. Ill cut some sweet deals on my glass and rifles, and you guys know first hand how they look and shoot. AR's...its all going to go, factory 5.56 ammo the good stuff too, not some factory seconds reloaded knock off stuff...

I've also got all kinds of stupid shit stashed away in the closet for a rainy day, its all for sale... shoot some PMs to me if you want some details. Alan, if you want some ammo let me know!

This sucks, but I'm being pro-active and not re-active. I've got a little boy to take care of.

Oh wow that sucks

LOL...

I'll let him remain nameless...but if ya have so much as your big toe over the "line" on the red light...

Anway, when we were there a few weeks ago he started calling "Ready on the left?" to make the range hot.

So simultaneously, some of us on the left shouted "THERE'S A CART OUT THERE!"

Dumbass... even the fucking flag was still out, like it was supposed to be- and the cart was fully visible, albeit out by the 565 berm.

I SOOOO wanted to call that prick out on it, all he could do was make a joke out of it though you could tell he was (rightly) embarassed.

LOL...

I'll let him remain nameless...but if ya have so much as your big toe over the "line" on the red light...

Anway, when we were there a few weeks ago he started calling "Ready on the left?" to make the range hot.

So simultaneously, some of us on the left shouted "THERE'S A CART OUT THERE!"

Dumbass... even the fucking flag was still out, like it was supposed to be- and the cart was fully visible, albeit out by the 565 berm.

I SOOOO wanted to call that prick out on it, all he could do was make a joke out of it though you could tell he was (rightly) embarassed.

It's a thankless job for the most part.

I haven't experienced a horses ass RO there in a long time but then, I haven't been able to get out there but twice in the last year so...

buncha slackers

Sad but true...

My oldest daughter has been taking out the .223 Savage and testing my handloads! I've been bombed with work and her sister is rowing like a maniac, training for the big "Head of the Hootch" regatta up in Chattanooga in two weeks!

Wouldn't mind linking up in the 2nd week of November though!

Yep, Knights trail trap and skeet club in Nokomis has a shelf full of Winchesters (all flavors) by the sleeve...

James, I have a quite a few LR. text me and I can get you some.

Hey there FL folks! I will be in the Tampa area this coming weekend for my brothers wedding and I was thinking about bringing my rifle and checking out the manatee range... I checked the website out and it indicates that it is open to the public. Is it pretty easy to show up and shoot there or is it normally really crowded? I may end up bringing my Dad and Brother if they want to come. My dad is an experienced shooter but my bro, not so much.
I thought this may be a fun way to spend the morning of the wedding while the girls are doing whatever it is girls do all day before a wedding! Would manatee be pretty easy to just show up and shoot? Are there plenty of steel targets on the long range so I don't need to worry about bringing paper targets?
Thanks for any info you fellas could provide!

I got out to Manatee and had a good time today. I Zero'd my .243 at and my .223 bolt guns at 100 with a couple of different loads each and then took them out to 565 for the first time! Made many hits on my steel out there with those two rifles. The .243 is a sporter barrel (Thin) Remington I dropped into an old SPS varmint stock I had left over so that I could turn it into a BDL rather than top feed only. It is a very accurate rifle that I have roughly $400.00 into right now!

The scope, base and rings are all stuff I already had from previous rifles and I was amazed at how many hits I had consecutively at the 565 steel! That little 24" barrel was pretty hot!

The .223 is a heavy barrel Savage 12 that I bought as my first "match" gun about 10 years ago. It has always been a hammer but I never took it past 100 yards and kind of neglected it when I got the .308 fever 6 years ago! With my oldest daughter glomming onto it, I have taken a renewed interest in loading rounds for it and even though it is a 1:9" twist barrel, I bought 500 blemished 75 grain HPBT bullets (Got them from MidWay and I believe they are Hornady!) to try in it. Turns out it was a good move! They were going into bug holes at 100 yards and with 13 additional minutes of elevation, were hitting the steel with regularity as well!

Not hot at all and a steady, light wind out of the northeast (Between 2:00 and 3:00 o'clock) with occasional gusts to about 20 mph. The flag and wind socks were above 45 degrees most of the day but rarely straight out when the gusts came up.

A really good day to shoot. Wish you could have been there!

Hey Jeff, I am going to try and shoot WAC on Friday afterwork. I need some trigger time on me pistolas. Let me know if you can come.

I used to shoot Manatee twice a month when I lived in S. FL., now in N.FL. Gene used to let me and my buddies stay over night in the gunshop area. We would bring our blowup mattresses and stay the weekend. They have a full kitchen and a shower room. Things have changed since then. On the subject of the RO's, some can be a little rough at times. You get to know them and you know which ones you have to be alittle more leary & weary of. STAY BEHIND THE RED LINE, as your toe is touching it...

O_W,

I have a couple of buildings I'm working in over there in the Baypoint buildings which are very near to yours, as well as WAC. Couple of doors in each that I'll knock out pretty quick, perhaps on Friday!

Schedule is pretty crazy this week but It's been too long since I played hookie on a Friday afternoon!

I'll let you know later in the week.

Lee,

What time do you expect to be there?

Looks like I'm going to have 2/3rds of a day in Downtown Tampa and possibly a pop in but I could likely get over to WAC by 4:00. That's if everything is delivered and I can get it all installed without surprises!

Hope to see you there!

gonna dodge the rain the best I can. prolly 4:30 or so. Just hit me in text or call, If it opens up I will skip it.

Never really rained over here in Tampa yesterday. Spat a little. Definitely raining now, and throughout the night.

By the time I got done making my afternoon rounds yesterday, it was 4:00 pm and the traffic was fucking insane...The slightest rain makes the imbeciles drive as though they all just robbed a bank while on bath salts...

So I went to the USF driving range and worked on my continually improving golf game!

Then I got bumped on my passenger side (on I-275) by some dumb ass girl in a silver BMW who refused to stop. Of course, she was probably terrified given the slight sprinkling of rain and the insane, morons driving like the most retarded fucking imbeciles on the planet fuckwad.

Turns uot her mirror hit my passenger door as she was idiotically, brainlessly merging two lanes over, into mine. Fortunately I was able to swerve a little without getting myself killed by the maniacs in the left most lane.

It was good for that stuid broad that I didn't install my James Bond remote control guns in the front rear and sides of my RAM...

i'd like to go sat AM first thing for a couple for hours. I am hopefully picking up a KSG tonight. Text me dale and let me know what time.