• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

Sounds like a good thing I wasnt able to make it ;-)

I am sorry we couldnt make it out we were both really bummed all day
Michelle had to go out of town for a week, she went back to work and had to get
brought back up to speed and all her credentials in order.

On another note there is an abandoned hotel behind my
gym and it just so happens they are starting to tear it down and
are building of all things a indoor shooting range 57,533 sq ft
I literally open my back door and Im there.
Swat was out there the other night running entry drills with flash bangs., fucking loud
it was pretty cool. Ive trained a few guys on the teams (tarpon,pasco,pinellas)
They told me they are blowing it up on the 20th cant wait to watch it

Thought Id share that seemed pretty cool.

Massive indoor gun range planned for Tarpon Springs site | Tampa Bay Times

We are down for any date you guys want to go again just let us know
AL

Anyone know if there are plans for 22nd or 23rd? I still haven't been out here and really want to go shoot!!! but never have been here, so I would like to go with some vets :)

Sounds like a good thing I wasnt able to make it ;-)

I am sorry we couldnt make it out we were both really bummed all day
Michelle had to go out of town for a week, she went back to work and had to get
brought back up to speed and all her credentials in order.

On another note there is an abandoned hotel behind my
gym and it just so happens they are starting to tear it down and
are building of all things a indoor shooting range 57,533 sq ft
I literally open my back door and Im there.
Swat was out there the other night running entry drills with flash bangs., fucking loud
it was pretty cool. Ive trained a few guys on the teams (tarpon,pasco,pinellas)
They told me they are blowing it up on the 20th cant wait to watch it

Thought Id share that seemed pretty cool.

Massive indoor gun range planned for Tarpon Springs site | Tampa Bay Times

We are down for any date you guys want to go again just let us know
AL

Looks like Nexus shooting range down here...

Original post 05-07-2013
So I registered to this forum just for this thread.
I am new as new can be. I recently bought a Glock .45 30 SF and a Bushmaster AR-15 .223/556 1/9 twist. I also bought an ACOG 4x32 sight as well. I have been going to my local range here in Orlando every weekend for about 5 months and have already put well over a thousand rounds through the AR but my range (50 yard indoor range max) is limiting and been looking forever for a longer range to improve my distance shooting. I bought my Brother an AR as well because I got a decent price on mine so he is coming down to visit. He is an Army Reserve Designated Marksman so he may bring some extra goodies and I am sure he will be able to help me on his visit. I got very excited when I found this forum and saw that this range is my best bet. My question is are there any rules listing I can read up on so I don't look like an idiot when I go and is there anything I need before I go? I read some comments about nasty RO's and also having to bring your own targets. I don't currently have any and wonder where how to acquire some decent ones. I just want to have a good time and not rely on my brother for everything.

Sorry there has been no earlier reply to your question.

There are rules as at any other club but they are not onerous or unusual. You will have to fill out a form as a first timer there; takes about ten minutes. When you pay the fee they'll give you a large paper target on a backer that can be placed on any of the stands that are laying out on the range at distance intervals, all the way out to ~ 600 yards.

The targets previous posters referred to are steel targets. The club allows you to bring your own steel, clays and some "other stuff" occasionally. I brought half a case of Diet Dr. Pepper last December and we shot those cans at the 465 line! And you damn sure knew when you hit them! But they frown on targets that might become trash anywhere but at the 565 yard bank.

The pistol range is limited to 20 yards or so and you need to mind your brass if you reload. Also, there seems to always be an asshole with an AK47 who wants to do mag dumps at the pistol range, showering everyone to their right with their brass.

But the rifle range is where the magic is there and I think you'll enjoy it. Perhaps you already have.

Well this was basically a year ago I was asking you this question and never could make things work....till now. Finally got a few people to go this weekend (Most everybody I know lives out of state) I will Probably go this Saturday. Then, my brother as I mentioned before, will be in town in April and are going on a Friday and he's bringing some of his stuff with him. Anything change about the range I should know about? Any tips etc? And thanks for the reply the first time btw.

I think I can make the 23rd work!

Same rules as QQ posted, they give you a target when you sign in to shoot for the day. They do have some steel on the 565 berm. I think a 10inch circle and a 15 inch circle, on the right side and the smaller 3, 4, and one 5 inch circle on the left.

Last edited:
I went today for about 5 hours. Amazing place.Perfect day with little to no wind. They had a pig roast out back in the morning I guess but I came in around noon. Other than some guy's m1 clip hitting me it went well. shot my .45 and .223 with acog and also shot my buddy's savage .308. Had a few hits at the 585 mark and one hit at the 1,000. not bad for first time but again, no wind so that helped. Man, if anyone thinks the economy is bad they should go to this range and see all the suppressed BMGs. Ridiculous!

Any of you guys need h380 powder? I have three 1 Lb jugs. Will be priced very very fair for my local peeps. Will trade for h1000

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

O_W,

I can't help myself...

I'll take at least one of them! You going to be there Sunday? If not, I'll give you a call and meet you at the building with the doors installed by a genius!

I am headed to woodies on Sunday but not to shoot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good shooting by all yesterday! Good to see and shoot with ya yesterday DirtDart, been a while! Im glad you brought your steel!

Have a good week guys!

O_W....I might take the last 2lbs off of you. I've never been to this range, but I may go there this weekend with AR I've built recently to try it out past 400.

Boo

I may have some extra powder and bullets (6.5mm) collecting dust , let me know what you guys are in need of.

James

James,

Are you retiring? I have one word for that; NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If you have any extra Varget to unload, I'll take it!

4/13 might work for me depending on how badly bent over I am with my taxes: I'm definitely sending in a check for 2013. Question remains just how big! I may be too sore to sit that weekend! o_0!

Yeah James..... retiring is not allowed! What have you been up too?

Id love to go on the 13th. I have to see how the schedule is going to play out. I just got back from the Mid America Trucking show in Kentucky... its been a busy few days/weeks to say the least!

Queequeg, I may have some extra Varget. I will check to see how much when I get home tonight. I will be there for sure (pending rain) on 13 April. I want to shoot my newly build AR 6.5 Creed.

Last edited:
Been busy with work, then I went and bought a boat and started diving again. Been spending my time off on/under the water.

Queequeg, I have 3 extra 1 pounders of same lot Varget available. If you want them I can meet you at Manatee on 13 April. Let me know. Queequeg, if your too sore to sit after taxes just shoot prone.

Last edited:
How is the range for crowds on the weekend? Is it tough to get a lane?

I would hate to drive 3.5 hours only to find out I have to wait 3 more.

Also any of you guys ever shoot at the new range in Homestead the "Long Shot Range" ?

Crowd on the weekend is not bad if you get there by 9-9:30, 11=you'll wait. Never shot at the "Long Shot Range", and with the price they charge I never will.
Range Rental Pricing (Non Military/Law Enforcement)
25 yard range - $65.00 per hour per range
50 yard range - $65.00 per hour
100 yard range - $65.00 per hour per range
500 yard range - $150.00 per hour
Entire Range Facility (All 8 Ranges) - $600.00 per hour

$65-$150 PER HOUR, no thanks
Manatee $20 shoot all day

Last edited:
Crowd on the weekend is not bad if you get there by 9-9:30, 11=you'll wait. Never shot at the "Long Shot Range", and with the price they charge I never will.
Range Rental Pricing (Non Military/Law Enforcement)
25 yard range - $65.00 per hour per range
50 yard range - $65.00 per hour
100 yard range - $65.00 per hour per range
500 yard range - $150.00 per hour
Entire Range Facility (All 8 Ranges) - $600.00 per hour

$65-$150 PER HOUR, no thanks
Manatee $20 shoot all day

I'll by land before I spend $600 an hour. Shoot (NoPunIntended) for that price they should include a pole dancer.

And thanks.

I'll by land before I spend $600 an hour. Shoot (NoPunIntended) for that price they should include a pole dancer.

And thanks.
Yeah,
When I saw the prices I just chuckled and decided to pass.
I wouldn't be shocked if after all the trouble they went through to open the place, they went out of business in under 2 years.

We go to manatee as a group from south Florida about 6 times a year. There is a private range in Ocala that is awesome.
It is the Force 4 academy range and John Gardner will book it out to people for the day. His prices are really good and he has steel at every hundred yards all the way to 1000.
You also shoot off of a covered platform that has a rubber floor mat. It's really awesome.
If you live up in that neck of the woods it's worth going.
He number is (305) 206-1018.

We go to manatee as a group from south Florida about 6 times a year. There is a private range in Ocala that is awesome.
It is the Force 4 academy range and John Gardner will book it out to people for the day. His prices are really good and he has steel at every hundred yards all the way to 1000.
You also shoot off of a covered platform that has a rubber floor mat. It's really awesome.
If you live up in that neck of the woods it's worth going.
He number is (305) 206-1018.

Thanks for the heads up sounds nice. I need to get my sons in on a day trip.

Ill be there on the 13th!

TacDriver... were you one of the guys crushing steel with us the last time we were out on the 23rd?

No. I didn't make it out on the 23rd. I will be there for sure the 13th around 9:00ish. I'll bring some steel. Driving a red F-150 FX4.
See you next Sunday.
Anyone else???

Can't wait for sunday. Already worked a load for my new 6.5 creed. It's a laser. We'll see how it does at distance.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I'm still in for tomorrow. Got another 200 rounds of .308 to load tonight though. And I think I might run off some .243 as well. Depends on energy levels as it's been a long day already!

Safe travels and see you tomorrow.

Beautiful day yesterday!

I made a point of shooting one combination of ammo even though I brought 4 rifles! 175 grain SMK/Nosler HPB over 41.5 grains of XBR 8208 with 210M primers.

~ 150 175 SMKs and 120 Nosler 175 HPBTs. I find both bullets are a near perfect substitute for each other and the Noslers are often a couple bucks less expensive!

Additionally, I loaded these rounds in several different lots of brass: 9xF R-P, 6xF BHA, 6xd Hornady match, and a few others, all have been annealed at each 3rd or fourth cycle.

So yeah, all were the same weight of powder and primer. Other than that, pretty f-inn close.

I was very pleased with the consistency among them all as I have found the 41.5 grain load of XBR to be very accurate and by no means excessive. It is slower than my favorite load under 175/178 grain bullets which is 45 gr. of Varget. But as I was down below my reserve quantity of 10 lbs of Varget, I sought other avenues for the same results. XBR is damn nice: Meters well and you get a couple more rounds per pound out of it! Also very accurate in the .223 loads as well.

And now I have another 8lbs of Varget! So I will load a bunch of the next lots in it!

The wind yesterday was out of the southeast and sometimes up to 20 mph. A bright sunny day with scattered clouds. It was great shooting with Ren, Dirt Dart and Tac Driver. Lots of fun banging away at the distant steel (775 yards)and making head shots!

I got all the brass cleaned and sorted, including the 83 cases someone thoughtlessly abandoned! They too will get the TLC they deserve and go into my inventory of cases that, while not originally mine, are fully prepped, sorted and place in containers where all head stamps are alike, and will sit ready for loading. This inventory grows with every trip!

Another reason why I seriously consider making custom loads in a cottage industry fashion. I need to find out what the legalities and liabilities are.

Anyway, I had an excellent time out there yesterday and I look forward to seeing you guys out there soon!

Went out there again today with some friends from work. Had a great time. It was windy, 17-25 mph full value, but I had the 6.5 creedmoor running flawlessly. Consistently hitting steel at 565, 600, 693, 716, and 1000. The 6.5 is truly an awesome round. Hold at 1000 yards was 8.2 mils high and 1.2 right for 17-25 mph wind with a mild load. All in all a great day. I plan on going there one more time before I move back to Texas. Sunday May 18 anyone??? Ren? Dirty? Q? it would be nice to shoot with you guys again. Let me know.