• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up shooting at manatee gun range, Florida

I plan on winning the PowerBall the night of the 17th but I'll try to hold off on heading to Tallahassee until the 19th so I can shoot with you peasants on the 18th!

I bring the Grey Poupon!

Well guys I would love to make it but I will be testing my new toy at that time.

Attachments

• r1b.jpg
    r1b.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 25
Just following up, we are still a go for Sunday the 18th? Ammo is made for 3 rifles and my 2 new Atlas PSRs are all mounted up. I'm ready to scratch this itchy trigger finger.

Ren, Dirty, Q, it was nice shooting with you guys today. Thanks for coming out for my last hurra at Manatee. Pop n water bottles at 600 yards in that wind = fun. You guys take care and look me up whenever your in Texas.

Yesterday was a blast! As usual, good shooting by all!

Im pretty sure I saw Dirty kick down his 800 yd peice of steel when you guys went to go pick it up in the truck! That was one damn dodgy some bitch in the afternoon!

Texas is on my radar so, I'm sure I'll be seeing you at some point Tac. Also, what size what your round steel that we had at 700?

Yesterday was a blast! As usual, good shooting by all!

Im pretty sure I saw Dirty kick down his 800 yd peice of steel when you guys went to go pick it up in the truck! That was one damn dodgy some bitch in the afternoon!

Texas is on my radar so, I'm sure I'll be seeing you at some point Tac. Also, what size what your round steel that we had at 700?

10 inch round at 700

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Well guys, just a little update. I made it to Texas last Thursday and went shooting with the guys on Sunday. I have also got the ball rolling on my FFL. Already have a couple of spots picked out and today I went to the city and county about restrictions and zoning. Luckily all the places I have in mind ARE ok for the gun shop. I will keep you guys posted.

I had a chance to visit the range last week for the first time. The range was kind of deserted in the afternoon, but that gave me some quality time to confirm zero and to score hits on the 500 yd and 600 yd steel targets. Looking forward to the 600 yd and 1000 yd GONG matches there.

xlZ10gu.jpg

NYiyqPL.jpg

tmVj9bw.jpg

Last edited:
I haven't been there on a weekday since 2011! It is a different place when there is almost no one there. Wish I could have been there today too! On the other hand, there was an epic thunderstorm there late in the afternoon down there. Did you catch any of that? Supposed to have been hail and possibly a tornado!

In any case, it was a fantastic day to install door frames in Tampa!

Update: I signed the lease on the shop. Going with the name "Lead Heads" Guns & Ammo. First inspection done and electric will be turned on today. I have to remove a wall and build two more walls. Safes and display cases have been ordered. Things are moving along.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Hey fellow manatees!

Sorry to have been out of pocket the last few weeks.

I forgot the 15th was fathers day and made more domestic related plans for the holiday Ren. Hope you had a great one too!

Now then, what can we do to get another meet and greet on the schedule?

Looking forward to getting there on a nice Africa Hot day!

Yeah man! Had an excellent day crushing steel with DirtDart! It will probably be early August before I can make it out again. Only due to time constraints! Sorry you missed the last round QQ, It was a good day!

Manatee is a good range. I shot F-T/R a couple years ago there but I haven't seen a match announced in a while. I need to get back down there and get off the short ranges, keep the announcements rolling in please.

Gentlemen, and ladies, any interest in a trip over yonder in the next week or so?

Was hoping to get over there today but I am spending time in the office coming up with creative ways to notify my tardy paying clients to PAY ME GOD DAMNIT!

But I'm not bitter.

Update on the shop. I have received my Federal Tax ID, State Tax ID, and my LLC name (Lead Heads LLC) approved. Website is being built, store is furnished with safe, display cases and slat walls. Just waiting on the ATF to approve my FFL. The I can get inventory and open the doors for business. Please hurry Mr. ATF Man.

Took my boys there this past weekend. Last chance before the older one went back to UCF...and finally got to stretch the legs on his new .260 and his bro's AR-10 in .308.

Thought the rain would fuck us...but it was pleasantly cloudy, drizzled just once in the afternoon, and HOORAY- almost NO WIND!

Place was nearly empty, threat of rain I guess- but like I said, perfect shooting day for the damn ditch.

It had been a while since we'd been down there, pleasantly surprised to see more steel up at 600 yards.

NOW, all they need to do is put something bigger than a fucking 10"swinger at 1000 yards! Jesus...not everyone shoots comps with a 1/2 minute stick!

Had splashes literally inches away nearly every shot with the AR, but the "hit" remained elusive. But, that DPMS is amazingly accurate for a "low end" AR-10.

Older bro was still dialing in his .260 Savage I built him in an AICS and didn't go down the ditch- concentrating instead on the 4" swingers at 565 hitting them with regularity.

Gotta love that place (esp., when it ain't crowded)- wish it were closer.

Wassup OW! Just chillin... kinda waitin for it to cool off a bit. That and we had to pick up the slack from our contractor that failed to install the rest of our paver project. One of these days we are going to try and get out in the boat too, we have just been so damn busy... that and I found some exhaust parts on the boat that are trashed.....so I had to get a hold of TDR for them! Yes!!!!! he's still around!

Dirty! You set with reloading yet?

I am interested in meeting up and shooting steel out to 1000 at this range. If anybody is going and wants some company let me know. I am in south fla and shoot regularly at the sherrifs range on the public days.

Guys, they shoot a match almost every Saturday morning. They have 600 yd Benchrest, 1000 Yd Benchrest, 600 Yd gongs, and 1000 Yd gong matches. Give them a call and ask for the schedule. I know the match director is working on a new website with current match dates and results. Get out there and shoot a match to see how good you really are!

Any of you guys want to try and meet up for some underwater shooting, if so let me know the water is feeling much better

James

Used to practically live there when I lived in FL. Was a pain in the ass to drive to from Brandon but was usually worth it. I remember I used to plan my trips to coincide with NFL games, hot/rainy weather or show up just as their 550 yard matches were over as that is usually when it emptied out or never had many more there than the usual suspects that left their benchrest rigs at the first 5 or so lanes all day and fired maybe 10 rounds only to be inside eating Gene's stew or whatever random shit they'd put on the hot plate.

Best day there was when I was in the clubhouse about to leave and some guy that had called earlier walks in and apparently 'reserved' that 200 (or 300?) yard range next to Area 51 in the back. Gene asked me to take them back there and figured I'd just show them where it was and be on my way when the guy pulls a MG42 out of his trunk. I have a phone video of me shooting it somewhere, but it was full auto and after they changed a few things around with a new bolt they told me I was required to shoot it lol

Always a pretty cool place. I know Gene was having some health issues for a while and some of the RO's kind of had a changing of the guard where some of the cooler 'old guard' left or was brow beaten out and some of the newer ones were pricks that just decided to make new rules every week or be the type that 'owned' your bass once it hit the floor.

But anyways, hope you guys enjoy it. Had I not moved to the land of a zillion acres of public land, I'd really miss that place.

Sounds good!

I didn't get out last weekend.

Trying to get there tomorrow but I still have a ton of paper work to wade through. I did get a couple hundred rounds done yesterday though. Want to put another 200 together today too!

Getting loads together is always good! Did you get some 208's together? So far its the three of us. Dirty???

Its so beautiful out today. It would be nice if its like this when we go...... getting itchy!!!!

Did not get any 208s together, focusing on 175 SMK and Hornady 178 HPBT. I ran off 100 of them using IMR 4320 as I bought 5 lbs of it a dew months ago and wanted to give it a try. That shit meters fantastically, very much like RL-15, if not better!

I ran off another 200 178s with my std. load of Varget.

Also doing some experimenting with magnum primers since I have a shit ton (7000) given to me a few years ago and haven't found any difference in accuracy, pressure or case life when using them.

Sunday was indeed amazing. Played golf!