• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Shopping for a supressor

bronco9588

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2011
Charleston, SC
Hi everybody,

I am looking for a nice suppressor for a 300 win mag. I know next to nothing about suppressors, but that they make things quieter. I want to be nice and polite at the range. I figure it would be a great thing to do for my ears and everybody around. So was wondering what the prices are, material considerations, good companies to go with (i.e. lifetime warranty - I would hate to trash a $200 tax stamp), etc. Can I cerikote or resell?

I also have several .308 caliber rifles. Could I use the same can?

Re: Shopping for a supressor

Thunderbeast makes what are considered to be the best for accuracy and repeatability when mounting. Heard good things about SAS suppressors, never known surefire to make anything that wasn't top notch... But they charge a premium for it.

You can use the same can on all your 30 cal rifles. All the reading I've done says spend the extra few bucks and buy a titanium can.

I'm in the process of setting up an NFA trust and then I'm going to order a Thunderbeast 30BA

1) From the little research I have done over the past couple days I guess you can go down in caliber. I have a 308, building 300WM now, purchasing a 223 AR15 and possibly a 300 blackout upper (which is obviously 308 cal). I would love for one to work for all my guns.

2) I am thinking about going threaded. I figure there is no chance of slop or wear unless you cross thread or something. Which would make swapping out a flash hider difficult on an AR, no?

3) Unless Ti does not hold up to heat, I would rather put a lighter suppressor on the end of my gun than a a heavier one.

4) Are thunder-beasts auto rated?

5) How much time and $ am I looking at to set up a trust?

Get something rated and made for 300 win mag and all your guns listed will be covered. The ar might be a little heavy, so Ti might be a good option current waits are 6+months (entire process) so invest genourously. Qd mounts have better threads of the 2 and you can brake the mag when not in use. The issue with qd is repeatability and timing (turns to a dead stop on the shoulder) .
Anyway. Hope that helps

I just ordered a TB 30P1 and I don't think they are rated for auto. I got to handle mine along with a AAC that was stainless and the TB was much, much lighter.

You should keep the 30P-1 or 30BA under about 800 degrees F.

They a good choice for .300 BLK.

On 5.56, they work fine for intermittent use, but remember this is a lightweight Ti can for precision rifle use, not doing mag dumps. We do have a full-auto rated/SBR model, the 223A

I am definitely am not a big fan of full auto dumps. I have a hard time throwing a quarter downrange... let alone a whole roll. If I were to get into a 3 gun type of shooting, bunch of targets in quick succession, would the suppressor hold up to say 3 magazines, or would this be out of the design/ purpose of the 30BA?

Do you guys have a lifetime warranty? What if for some odd chance the suppressor becomes out of spec, can you guys fabricate another one with the same serial number, or would I have to wait another 6 months and $200?

If you want to shoot 3Gun style stuff in 5.56 with one of our cans, I would recommend the 223P-1 or 223A. Both are more intended for that. Regular "sporting" shooting is fine with the 30BA on an AR-15.

We have a limited lifetime warranty that is detailed here http://thunderbeastarms.com/terms

There are some ATF regulations on repairing cans, but basically if it's our fault we'll take care of you, and otherwise we'll do it at cost. The tube usually has to be retained during a repair.

Just you using the can? Go individual
Letting friends or family shoot? Go trust

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bronco9588</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To trust or not to trust? That is the question. </div></div>

That really depends on if your LEO will sign. If not, you must go trust..

I would look at Thunderbeast and Yankee Hill Machine(YHM) Titanium suppressors as they are both rated for magnums.

Have you found a class 3 dealer yet?

Templar Tactical Archangel 30 Cal Titanium Suppressor

I have a Gemtech Sandstorm for my 308, but I know that it's supposed to be rated for 30-06 and 300 WM.