• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Show me your pelican!!!

PNjb8Z0.jpg

m9UR6oi.jpg

S3RcFLy.jpg

ONvFxyo.jpg

Reactions: tnichols
This thread is cool. I want to get some custom cutting done for my Pelican, Anyone have a name of someone in Charlotte NC?
I use to live in Dallas and had a guy that did a foam that was chemical resistant and cut with a die for great fit. But have not found anyone local in NC yet.

curious if anyone with a folder actually folds it in order to use a shorter case? I am trying to figure out which way to go. I have a AI folder with a 24" and a 17" barrel. I am leaning towards a case that will support the longer barrel installed and have a cut out for the shorter. I can decide to plan on transporting it folded or not. Im afraid the cut out for the stock folded would be too deep, basically all the way down thru the lower foam level, and not provide any cushion.

Not a Pelican but plenty of cushion for a very expensive optic.
SPS storage.jpg
SPS Now.jpg

uIZV5CA.jpg

XT2QRsC.jpg

AP1MbKq.jpg

Bought the case used off of Ebay and cut the foam with an electric carving knife. Secure and discrete.

Last edited:

uIZV5CA.jpg

XT2QRsC.jpg

AP1MbKq.jpg

Bought the case used off of Ebay and cut the foam with an electric carving knife. Secure and discrete.

And 100% badass. Very nice!

uIZV5CA.jpg

XT2QRsC.jpg

AP1MbKq.jpg

This is a great idea, I'm going to have to look into doing something similar.

A little packed but everything I need is contained. Airport ready at 47.5 pounds.

Attachments

• photo53531.jpg
    photo53531.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 263
I cut the pockets to fit snug with a little undercut for the tool kit and data book. A little difficult with a mushy bag so I also added a little strip of Velcro, taped in the pocket and on the bags.

Still need to make one for my AI but here's my thermal hunting set up. I used a homemade hot wire cutter.

Attachments

• photo69921.jpg
    photo69921.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: sabrecross
I had a company do a custom covert case for an AI AX. I have plenty of room for 2 100 rds boxes, pistol with 4 mags and 3 rifle mags. It fits a 24 inch barrel with muzzle brake and Borka tool kit. There’s two layers to the case.

Attachments

• photo72614.jpg
    photo72614.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 195
I had a company do a custom covert case for an AI AX. I have plenty of room for 2 100 rds boxes, pistol with 4 mags and 3 rifle mags. It fits a 24 inch barrel with muzzle brake and Borka tool kit. There’s two layers to the case.

That looks awesome! That's something I really want to do. Could you share details on the case you used and what company did it? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random pics of various cases that I have or have done for other customers.

We don't use the crap foam either. Factory foam gets tossed and we replace with either waterjet cut or router cut cross-linked PE which is more expensive but is not abrasive and tougher.

IMG_20170325_134706999_zpsbu1vqjyu.jpg

IMG_20151111_112312433_zpsi4t5eiqu.jpg

IMG_20151111_112827430_zpsmust53dp.jpg

IMG_20151111_112701528_zpsy1htbwat.jpg

Yes this is in a briefcase.
IMG_20170114_152453712_zpshvwcwlk3.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome! That's something I really want to do. Could you share details on the case you used and what company did it? Thanks

its a Storm 2720 case and the custom foam was through Case Club in Anaheim, CA. They have the template for it already so it should be cheaper then what I paid to get it done

AXMC long action with the conversion kit in a pelican storm im3200. Think I'm going to do the transit case though.

e38d4c428d4c28e9b0c6b6ed5a44b8ce.jpg

Covertnoob,

I am in the process of fitting my AXMC to a pelican case. Found mine won't fit without folding the stock, so looking for ideas. Really like your layout! Did your case come with the foam that is in your pic? I don't have the second layer of foam and I have the same type of foam in the bottom as you have in the top.

Would like to hear wear you bought the foam, if it isn't original, and any other advise.

Thanks,
Steve

Reactions: J_amie
Thanks Bkultra.

Just looked to see if you posted a pic of your case. Didn't see one. Did I miss it?

Did you use the electric "carving" knife?

Any advise to pass on?

Just realized there are several recent threads on this subject.... Just going through them now, should have known there would be!

Steve

Reactions: WtxShooter
Give me sec I can take one but it's emty ATM. The foam is high-density styrofoam preformed (from EuroOptic). Sorry drunk and it's in a dark laundry room at the moment best I can do under the circumstances.

Attachments

• IMG_20190203_174825.jpg
    IMG_20190203_174825.jpg
    870.7 KB · Views: 140
Bkultra,

THANKS! Sorry to bother you at such a wonderful time. I just had my wife come into my room to see what I was doing and ask if I wanted an evening beverage.... SO I am right behind ya.

Looks good. Pre cut, sounds good. I see this is going to be one of those projects that I started out thinking this will be an hour job. Gathered all my AI goodies and range bag to layout and see I started with the problem of needing to fold the stock, Pelican 1750 case, and then finding I would like two layers of foam on top or three on the bottom to do this right.

My wife asked how much the new AXMC cost, she knows, and said I should just buy a proper case to protect the investment. Easy answer, but I can only afford the AXMC by being frugal..... SO I'm not there yet.

Looks like I will have a project for tomorrow!

Thank you for all the effort of posting the pic when you are busy.

Steve

Why cut foam for only one kit? Just get the convoluted eggcrate foam and stick what you want inside. Put magazines and range gear in the layer underneath. The gun does not move, test it at home if you don’t believe me.

I can fly with my trap gun or rifle or any combo. Pack intelligently, maybe wrap a bolt in bubble wrap, use common sense.

I wouldn’t store guns for a long period in foam in an airtight case btw.

82A3394E-97D6-41DF-A363-D7D91F801795.jpeg

Hopefully your scope is up towards handle. Amazes me how many people put the scope down and what everything rests on when carrying and setting down the case.

Well Rob01, I wouldn't even had thought about it, untill you stated your opinion.
Thanks for your remark, It will be put to use once my pelican and AI arrivés!

Greetz!

My soft case is a cheapo from voodoo tactical I think but I like it a whole lot better than foam. I can change rifles or equipment and not worry about buying new foam. The rifle is suspended by the straps and doesn’t move. I tried it with just a drag bag but it moved too much for me.

Definitely a bump worth thread. Heres a couple of mine I had photos of. AR case has changed since, and the 1750 is full, the photo was taken after mag cutouts and spray glue
20171224_152130.jpg

20180905_212425.jpg

Getting ready for Alaska PRC! Installed thumb hole skins and realized I had to trim some foam this morning before a range trip. Heating a box cutter made quick work of that and did a pretty nice job. Stank like hell tho!
AB29B11C-4680-4CDD-98D6-4F217FC2D9D0.jpeg

Reactions: Srikaleak
I'm absolutely engaged in this thread. When I was younger and dumber I messed up a foam job. Case is fine, but I need new foam for the inside. Where are good sources for replacement foam?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I had cobra custom foam inserts make me a few before I made a long distance move. Price was not bad and the cut outs turned out good. They sell various sized foam and will make the cuts however you want them, prices are not that bad. I am out of town right now but once I get home I will post pics.

https://www.cobrafoaminserts.com/

Reactions: sabrecross
I had cobra custom foam inserts make me a few before I made a long distance move. Price was not bad and the cut outs turned out good. They sell various sized foam and will make the cuts however you want them, prices are not that bad. I am out of town right now but once I get home I will post pics.

I just saw this. How the fuck do they figure it out from just a picture?

I think from researching the dimensions of the make/ model of what ever you take a pic of, they probably have a database by now. I included a yard stick on the bottom and left side of the pics I sent in though. When I received the foam everything fit perfectly. I have one pelican that is the thickness of two 1700 series (can’t remember the model, maybe the 3300) I had them make a dual layer out of it, came out really good.

ht

Thanks for sharing. I would like to see some pics when you get a chance.

I did this a couple days after my last post in this thread.

Used an electric knife. I was getting too involved in shopping for a hot wire then designing my own that was better to use on my large tablesaw, ect...

Something I learned that I had not thought about, but should have, is trying to balance the load in the case. I was more interested in positioning the items efficiently in the available space. My case carries with the rifle end of the case low due to all the weight of the rifle toward that side. Possibly not a problem for those without a folding stock as I had never noticed it before will all my other rifles that I had carried in this case.

Steve

Reactions: Srikaleak