• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shreveport Match Date Set

Re: Shreveport Match Date Set

LRF allowed for the match?
Caliber restrictions?
Handgun restrictions (duty vs race gun)?

Clay

Yes LRF ok but you will have to use your scopes to range most stages,
Caliber- mmmmm? I'd prefer .30 cal or less and less than 3150fps just to keep the steel from getting tore up.
Handguns-- no restrictions

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks to Casey and Rich for taking over the match this year.

I'm in....already looking forward to the match.

One question...
I was about to send Casey a check to hold my spot.
Do we send a check now for the whole $175 entry fee or is there a deposit amount we are supposed to send in to hold our spot?
No big deal either way, I was just about to send the check and wanted to make sure I sent the right amount.</div></div>

either way
$100 now $75 when you show up
or send the whole check.

Thanks, Rich

Re: Shreveport Match feeler

Might be a good idea, for clarity, to write

"Rich Emmons Match"

in the Memo blank.\\

If you call in a card (318.872.0111) refer similarly. Then, verify your card is properly debited.

In the interest of making this match run as smooth as possible, I'm going to recruit the help of RO's. I need 6-8 RO's, you will be able to shoot for score and compete in the whole match Friday under the same format and RO the match Saturday and Sunday. ALL Entry fees and Meals provided.

I need experienced/sharp spotters and match shooters.
email me if your interested [email protected]

Rich,

Though I probably don't qualify as a "sharp" spotter, I will be glad to help out if needed. e-mail sent.

Sean

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> who gets the brass...........</div></div>

I hope you don't.
grin.gif

Rich I am planning to make it. Keep us updated.

i'm gonna try to get up there as a spectator. still to new to this game to attempt to compete.

btw, the tigers are playing in vandy that weekend. gotta make sure there is a sports bar or hooters or something with cold beer and tv with the game on.

Checks in the mail.....looks like Nebraska has a truckload again. Whats the head count so far??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: take cover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Checks in the mail.....looks like Nebraska has a truckload again. Whats the head count so far?? </div></div>

Bout time you finally signed up. Give me a call, we need to go shooting again.

Signed up and ready to go. I am sure that this match will be as much fun as the last one.

Same truck...WILL NOT be driving all night again.
Just got back from the ranch....perfect shooting weather this morning....pretty easy to peel the paint off the 1100yd steel. Little disappointed.....only saw one black squirrel
mad.gif

Any time. Was at the ranch over weekend...good shooting weather this morning. Little challenging sat and sunday with 25-30mph winds.

Boltslipper, I get the BRASS...

Rich you know I'm in or is that "I'm it".

NO comment's Tritoon!!

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smboudreaux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'm gonna try to get up there as a spectator. still to new to this game to attempt to compete.
</div></div>

You'll learn a lot more from being in the game than sitting on the sidelines. I say send in your money and give it a try. It's all for fun anyway.

Hey Reynolds, if you send your money in now you'll have extra time to come up with excuses why your entry fee never made it in in time to make it in to the match!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topgun823</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a rough headcount yet on competitors? </div></div>

Head count is 15.

15.2 with Reynolds.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: triton19</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Reynolds, if you send your money in now you'll have extra time to come up with excuses why your entry fee never made it in in time to make it in to the match!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>
LOL!

JUST as a reminder please include your email address with entry and/or send me an email now so i can keep a competitor email list to give each of us updates if needed, also I expect to fill up and will keep people who are on the waiting list updated as they move up.

[email protected]

It's early yet but I expect some good support. Aside from prizes there will be some heavy cash envelopes and a Calcutta so bring your cash to bet on your favorite horse(s), IF everybody gets in the action $1000's of dollars can be won... by any lucky bidder, this will pay back top 4 (betters).

Aside from all that, I'm hoping to make this match fun but full of stages that make you think about your shot, under stress of course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobertB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hows the prize table look? </div></div>

-sigh.....

Wish I could make it Rich, looks like a great match!

I would like to shoot in this! I wont be able to send my money till August though. Can I have a spot reserved for me and I will send my money the first of August?

Also, whats the max rifle distance?

Thats great Rich. I'd love to see a list of who's in so far.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a Host Hotel that is giving any kind of special rate?
</div></div>

+1. The last time is was the Comfort Inn.

I sent in my deposit last week.

Rich,

Regarding the pistol portion will there be minor/major power factor scoring differences?

Thanks

Matt

Nope bring whatever it's all open class and same scoring.

Keep in mind a good holster is most important because you will be running and climbing steep berms, in and and out of vehicles etc.
Don't want to see anyone drop their pistol.

I'm going to be testing all my steel to move or fall with my 9mm about 125 PF.

I've got three stages planned now that are true 2-gun stages.

Sounds like it's going to be a great match Rich! You should receive my entry info etc next week. Thank you for your efforts to put this thing on!

Nice avitar, will Jesse be there??

David Tapp

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DT1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like it's going to be a great match Rich! You should receive my entry info etc next week. Thank you for your efforts to put this thing on!

Nice avitar, will Jesse be there??

David Tapp</div></div>

Ha Ha, yeah she'll be there... She's always with me!

No Guys thanks for all the support, only a few slots left.
I'll be timing some stages tomorrow in hopes to make this run as smooth as can be expected.

My check going out in the AM. Check your PM for a prize table donation.

Hey Rich, any chance of posting a list of who's signed up for this match so far?