• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Shreveport Match Date Set

Re: Shreveport Match Date Set

Lone Star Guns Gallery & Gear in Weatherford donated
1 x DPMS AR 15
1 X beretta 92f Handgun to the prize table for the match ,many thanks to them . You all should go check the place out it is the nicest gun store in the area.Thanks to Haywood Bellah.

Outback, outstanding job on prizes. I'll check them out later this week.

Mick

Awesome prizes for this match guys.

I heard you either had to be from Louisiana or have an Australian accent to win at this match.....:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I heard you either had to be from Louisiana or have an Australian accent to win at this match.....:)
</div></div>

WOOO HOOO....I need all the help I can get!!

Ok stupid question from a newbie...

the breif says no FMJ but I went out to find ammo for my pistol and all I can find is FMJ and hollow point. What are you guys shooting?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinnypitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok stupid question from a newbie...

the breif says no FMJ but I went out to find ammo for my pistol and all I can find is FMJ and hollow point. What are you guys shooting?</div></div>

me thinks that applies to rifle rounds only.....

What Boltripper said...

Get some boxes of Winchester pistol ammo from Wallyworld (white box) and you'll be fine.

The rule applies to rifle ammo so that it doesn't tear up the steel targets. Same reason velocity is limited to 3100fps.

No question is stupid if you don't know the answer!! Thats why there is a wealth of knowledge here...

Mick

Question, I do not have a pistol that qualifies for this competition so I am going to have too sit this one out
frown.gif

but would love to come out as a spectator is this allowed?

I just know it's gonna kill me that the new stick won't be able to compete, I was hoping I could shoot this match then I noticed the pistol stages
frown.gif

So will I be able to tag along with you guys?

Just point your finger at the pistol targets and say "bang". Then shoot your rifle. Problem solved.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_Hoff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question, I do not have a pistol that qualifies for this competition so I am going to have too sit this one out
frown.gif
</div></div>
Supply the ammo and you can borrow one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reynolds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No question is stupid if you don't know the answer!! Thats why there is a wealth of knowledge here...

Mick </div></div>

Skinnypitt, you should listen to Mick because he has lots of stupid answers!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triton19</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reynolds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No question is stupid if you don't know the answer!! Thats why there is a wealth of knowledge here...

Mick </div></div>

Skinnypitt, you should listen to Mick because he has lots of stupid answers!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Ain't that the dang TRUTH..........

the pistol stages are pretty simple... nothing over 200yds anyway.
I'm getting mid-evil on y'all!

Mick bring your oxygen tank and defibrillators !!! Ain't got time for downers.

Hoff, I'll bring an extra pistol if you want to use it and I've got plenty of ammo. I hate to see you miss this plus the more people in this the better the chances are I won't come in last place. Let me know what your flavor is on pistols and I'll have it there for ya.

Thanks for the offer Bmorgan but after my range trip yesterday I need a lot more practice before entering a match. I don't want to suck that bad in front of all you guys!
smile.gif
i do think that I am going to go to LRA over this year for practice.

Do you guys hold this match every year? if so count me in for next year!

This is what we are shooting for!!!!!!!
DSC03057.jpg

55 shooters in!!!!!

cut off was 50 but i took a few more. now if everybody shows we will be really full

everybody should have got a email today if i missed you let me know!

Those are some cool trophies Rich, nice job! Need to find out who produced them (I hope it wasn't mentioned earlier and I missed it!)

Looking forward to shooting this match weekend after next! Thanks to you and the set up crew for your efforts.

David

WOW The trophies came out great! good luck to all competitors!

Still wondering if I can attend this as a spectator, if I can attend, and you need any help with anything I am willing to lend a hand.

Piper Precision made the trophies

Hoff yes come on watch, and help would be appreciated. Come Friday morning if you can help the ROs run through all the stages and get ready for Saturday . Whatever u like.

I will try to make it up there on Friday. And thats no problem helping out. If I make it up there Friday think I might be able to try one of the stages? My AR needs too stretch her legs lol
wink.gif

range will be closed from 8-to about 4pm while RO's are running stages. Sorry

And for any locals coming out Wednesday or Thursday, sorry but access will be limited to 100-200yd bays.

Sorry folks, I can't make it this year. I'm not happy about it.

Good luck to all the shooters. It's a great match with great guys running it and shooting in it.

Really wish I could be there.

Respectfully,

--KJ

Sorry to hear you can't make it down to defend your title...

I had some back surgery and had to use up all my annual and sick leave to recover...I just can't make it down. This is a great match and dont want to miss it but...sucks to be me.

--KJ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KJDrake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had some back surgery</div></div>

You'd probably still shoot lights out
wink.gif

Get well soon, hope to see you at another match again.

Oh shit! No flowing locks? No Farah Fawcett curls? No sexy twinkle in your eyes when I'm laying close to you (on the line). . . . . . . ?

Can you FedEx me a few clippings to keep on my person during the match?

P.S.: They better not be tooooo curly. I know how your twisted mind works.

Sure wish you could be there.
Best to you and your family.

Well it looks like Im gonna have to drop out of this match. My scope broke and I still dont have the new one back. I was in the middle of load work up with a new bullet when it happened so I dont even have a load for the match and dont know my dope either. Scope didnt come in today so now, with the holiday, the earliest it will be in is Tuesday and I cant take all of next week off work to finish getting the rifle set up for the match. Im just a little pissed about the situation. I been looking forward to this match for 3 months.

Sorry to hear that, that sucks.....
I wish this gear wasn't so crazy expensive.... then a person could have two of everything just in case something breaks.....

That's why I tell my wife I need all these rifles, just for that reason. If something breaks I have another.

Mick

Am I the only one spending Labor Day loading ammo for the match?:)

Well I stole a scope off of another rifle to finish my load work ups so now If my scope come in tomorow and it doesnt rain all week I should be able to get my dope and make it to the match. We will see.

Lucks, I've been prepping brass all day. Can't load becuase I have no bullets!! UPS don't fail me now.. I HOPE they will be here tomorrow, so I can get everything loaded and head to LA first thing Wed morning!!

Mick

Triton19, I know how you do it, about midnite or later you will be up loading, going dang why didn't I do this earlier. Next you will be buying a Creedmore so you can shoot factory rounds and won't have to reload...

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Am I the only one spending Labor Day loading ammo for the match?:)</div></div>

No, you're not! Got all my match ammo loaded today and ready to ship to the range tomorrow.

We've had a real nice break in the heat/humidity over here in Birmingham this weekend. I'm sure it'll be all gone by next Sat morning though.....95 degrees and 1000% humidity is what I'm planning for.

Looking forward to this match!

Spent the day out at the range shooting from 100 to 600yds making sure my dopes are good and solid in the same weather we'll most likely have next weekend. I'm loading up rounds tonight as well!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: reynolds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Triton19, I know how you do it, about midnite or later you will be up loading, going dang why didn't I do this earlier. Next you will be buying a Creedmore so you can shoot factory rounds and won't have to reload...

Mick </div></div>. Mick, you're right. As it is I've used new brass for the last 4 matches. No prep just stuff a primer and powder and bullet and done. Not this time! Cabellas is out of brass so I'm RE-F'N-LOADING! Looks like a creedmoor is in order.

I didn't even get to test my loads! My new scope won't be in till wed. or thurs. so I am just getting fiocchi exacta and running that. i have thursday to zero the rifle then heading up friday morning at 2am
laugh.gif

Its looking like we are going to be a little muddy if not full on rain...Marvelous....

skinnypitt, don't give us that bad ju ju, think positive, no rain, no rain....

Rich, don't let it RAIN

Mick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinnypitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK here goes, no rain , no rain, no rain! </div></div>

It's raining here now, about 45 minutes north of LRA.

You can stop now.