• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing 'Smith to bed a rifle in Northern MA, S. NH, ME?

Jimmy2Times

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2005
Amesbury, Massachusetts
Hey Guys,

I'm looking for a smith who can bed a couple of rifles in the New England area, specifically north eastern MA, or south eastern NH or ME. Every man must know his limits, and unfortunately a DIY bed job is way beyond my ability. I just assume have a pro do it and not mess up my 2K+ rifles. A smith that would meet my requirements could do a professional job with a reasonable turnaround. I will not pay good money for poor service. If anyone knows of a decent smith capable of doing this work, I'd appreciate the heads up.

Thanks,

-Patrick

Re: 'Smith to bed a rifle in Northern MA, S. NH, ME?

Patrick,

Don't know any smiths up there as I haven't lived there in the last 32 years! But I believe you are capable of doing an outstanding job on your own, There are some excellent threads by 7mmRM, Scimitar and the most recent by WnRoscoe, that leave little to no mystery to the process.

Lots of photos, tutorial and they'll even answer any pm's you leave them for questions or tips.

Just sayin...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Patrick,

Don't know any smiths up there as I haven't lived there in the last 32 years! But I believe you are capable of doing an outstanding job on your own, There are some excellent threads by 7mmRM, Scimitar and the most recent by WnRoscoe, that leave little to no mystery to the process.

Lots of photos, tutorial and they'll even answer any pm's you leave them for questions or tips.

Just sayin... </div></div>

I know man, and I appreciate the heads up, but one thing about me you gotta understand is when it comes to anything that has to do with paint, or glue like susbstances I am absolutely the last guy for the job. And it's never gonna come out good. I am a total retard when it comes to that stuff. You could tell me to paint a hand turkey and I'd fuck it all up. I've read all those threads, every page of them, and that's what convinced me there was no way I could do it. I'm a big DIY guy, especially when it comes to guns, but like I said a man must know his limits.

OK, well after all my talk, I've decided I'm going to bite the bullet and bed these 2 rifles myself. The Remington will be first. I will post a video of me balling like a little bitch if I fuck this up.

Have you thought of sending to someone out of your AO?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you thought of sending to someone out of your AO? </div></div>

Yeah I thought about it for about 2.5 picoseconds and then was like, Nah.