• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

Re: Sniper / Prairie Dog Matches In Colorado

Cancel.

The forecast is for miserable cold. And the single digit temps tonight will make the concrete not nice to lay on...

Hopefully January will be better.

Hoser

Was looking forward to this, but it was super cold, glad I spent the day inside. Hopefully better weather next month.

I spoke with a man on the ground at the range. It looks like there has been enough sun and wind to dry things out enough for a match.

See you tomorrow.

Re: Sniper Matches In Colorado ***with Pics***

2hoxu8p.jpg

20th6cx.jpg

My son's first rifle match. I couldn't be more proud!!!
smile.gif
Thanks for the help Tommy Two Dogs! Thanks for the match Hoser & Dino.

Nice weather for January, good turnout, only bad part was my shooting.

He did awesome!! Guess Lane buys lunch next time!!

Tom Shot fantastic as well. I get to dial his scope for him next match.

Where were you??

Dino

Driving school..... Long story.....

Thanks for running the match Dino!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Driving school..... Long story.....</div></div>

Lemme guess. It involves law enforcement.
smile.gif

Looking at the scoresheet, it appears Lane had a good coach yesterday. Thanks again and nice shooting yesterday, Tommy Two Dogs.

Shoot, would have been fun to see Lane's first match. The kid's a natural (no wonder given his Mom and Dad).

Sorry I couldn't make it. Rifles still in pieces.
Tom won because he didn't have anyone there talking smack to him. OK, maybe the guy can shoot a little.
K2

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It involves a Ducati and Law Enforcement.</div></div>

How fast was the Ducati going?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It involves a Ducati and Law Enforcement.
</div></div>

Were you driving your bullet weight??

I will not incriminate myself no matter how taunted, I am immune to peer pressure.

Everything is set for tomorrows match.

Set up starts around 10:00 and the match starts between 11:00 and 11:30. There is no formal start time. As long as you show up before we finish the match you can shoot. But if you want a prime bench or place to lay down, best bet is to be there a little early.

Lots and lots of people showed up yesterday despite the weather witch doctors forecasting 25 mph winds from the SW.

Starting soon we will run the match with two formal start times. One start at 9:00 and the second at 12:00. However... the first relay will be limited to 20 people. We can
get 20 people done in 3 hours no problem. This should make lots of our issues go away when tons of people show up.

We are not sure how exactly how to implement this exactly. It might be first come first served or maybe an online sign-up list. Time will tell. I will have an answer here in a
couple weeks.

The results were emailed out a few minutes ago. Let me know if you didnt get them. Some people have terrible handwriting and I could not make out what you wrote.

See everyone next month.

You should definitely attend. I shot this for the first time in March...it's worth attending, lots of fun. Big thanks to Chris and Hoser for putting this on!

-Mike

The match Results just went out via email. Let me know if you didnt get them.

Tough shooting yesterday. It looked like the winds were going to die around lunch
time but they came back with a vengeance. Clipboards, hats, matts, trash cans being
blown around. Not pretty.

Thanks to everyone that came out. The new format seems to be working out just fine.

No PD match next month. See you all in July.

Is there a web page for more info on rules for the PD/Sniper Match? I was looking for the rules and times. Is there a way to get on the email list or is all of it just listed here on the thread?

To allow the local 4H shooters to use a bunch of the ranges our normal 3rd Saturday match has been moved to the 4th Saturday.

So for August it will be 27 Aug with the Tactical Rifle match being the 28th.

See you there.

Tomorrow is yet another match.

Be sure to email Chris and let him know which relay you want.

Also, PWSA has a new electronic gate. To get in, add 6 to the blue lock combo and your in. One car at a time please. I dont want to see anyone car get smashed trying to piggyback in.

See you tomorrow.

With the new 800-900 yard range these matches will most likely be changing a little bit as soon as we get permission to start shooting up there.

As of right now I would expect the 9:00 to be a Prairie Dog only match with targets out to 500 or so. The 12:00 match will be more along the lines of the Raton Sporting Rifle Match with targets out as far as we can get them. The shapes/sizes/ranges will change month to month.

Dino and I are plotting...

Sounds good, cant wait. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Wow, that new range will make this a really interesting match. Great update. Hoser and Dino thanks for all your work putting on these matches.

This sounds like a hoot!!
You guys work your asses off to put on a good show and I think I speak for all when I say hats off and Thank You.

Great match today. It started off a bit cold but it finally warmed up.

rtr and his 243 proved they were not afraid of the cold and shot a very solid 380. Congrats.

I would like to thank everyone for their continued support of this match. Without you these matches cant continue.

The results just went out. Let me know if you didnt get them.

I hope everyone has a good Christmas. See you next year.

Nice shooting rtr, you only let two get away this time...

I'm not sure what happened to me that day, but I'm looking forward to next year.

News for 2012.

New targets, rimfire matches and match fees.

The new <span style="font-weight: bold">centerfire targets</span> are here. Dino and I spent a day (the whole thing) getting them all welded up and ready to go. We made 16 of them just to make sure we have spares.

The new centerfire target is about 7 inches tall and has an average width of 4.5 inches. So yes, it got harder. Dino and I made some design changes and came up with a pretty solid target. It also uses two springs in case one breaks it will keep working. They are also cut from 1/2 thick AR-500 so we can get some more use out of them. No more bolts are exposed so they cant get shot off.

And rimfire... I have had enough people asking over the years about rimfire targets to make me finally do something. The stumbling block was target presentation and how to run multiple shooters on the same target. It took me a bit but I might have figured out a possible solution. 10 targets from 35-150 (maybe further) yards run just like the normal match. One shot per target hit or miss. The target shapes and sizes will be varied. Some IHMSA shaped like chickens and rams, Sportsmans Team Challenge diamonds and stars, baby IPSC targets, ect. Plan on the smallest target being about 2 MOA and the biggest being about 3.5-4 MOA. All rimfire rifles will shoot on their own relay to keep the spotter from going crazy. The divisions will be bolt/manual and semi.

Rimfire will be incorporated in the next few months to give you time to drag out that old model 52 or 40X or yank the peep sights off that Anschutz.

Match Fee Increase? Still holding steady at $10 per gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">News for 2012.</div></div>

Good stuff Hoser and Dino. Thank you!

Hoser and Dino: Many thanks to both of you for all that you do to make this a really fun match. Will see you both on Sat.

I looked at the PWSA sight and didn't see anything on the calendar for this Saturday the 21st of January. Are you having a match?

The PWSA site isnt worth the paper its printed on.

3rd Satrudays year round.

Where can I find details? I'd love to check this out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chilo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where can I find details? I'd love to check this out.
</div></div>

Start with the first post of this thread. 99% of all the info you need is there.

Great weather today. The weather witch doctors guess of 40-70 mph gusts never happened.

Two 390s were shot, so the perfect score is still out there.

Next month there will be nothing but the new targets.

Still no updates on moving the match to the 600 yard berm.

The results went out a bit ago, let me know if you didnt get them.

Hey Hoser:
Great fun! Many thanks to you,Dino,and Chris for all of the work you put in so we can come out and play. I think the new targets are the cats ass. Hope to see you at CRC this coning Sat.