• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Sniper's Hide Pheasant Hunt

Mirnyx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 23, 2011
612 / 757
<span style="font-weight: bold">Posted with Lowlight's permission.</span>

Guys,

As some of you know I'm the general manager of a luxury pheasant hunting operation in South Dakota. One of my corporate groups had to reschedule leaving the most desirable hunt of the year available. With that said, I'm inviting fellow Hide members to come experience a traditional South Dakota pheasant hunt at one of the world's premier wingshooting lodges.

The lodge is very high-end without being stuffy. We'll treat you like family, feed you like a king, and give your trigger finger a workout. In addition to pheasants we have an all you can shoot buffet of coyotes, two prairie dog towns, and a few pieces of steel.

A full house is 18 hunters and we'll need a minimum of 6 guys to make this work. This hunt normally sells for $2995 per person, all inclusive. Here's the special pricing for Hide members...

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Edit to remove 2012 pricing. Will add 2013 at later date.</span></span>

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Sniper's Hide Pheasant Hunt

Man, I wish,i could swing this, it sounds like it would be a blast.

That sounds like a hell of a good time. Thanks for hooking us hiders up. If Disney World wasn't robbing me I would be in!

Mark,

How mobile do you need to be? My Pops ain't as spry as he used to be, and at 67 with COPD. Could we sub a day of walking for setting up at the pdog town instead? It fits, as I'm home the 4th of Oct from Newfie.

It also sounds like a good trip for us.

Thanks,
Breeze

WOW. your cabin looks amazing, my blueprints are in the work, I need much better accommodations for my elk, deer, lope, grouse and pheasant hunters... not to mention a mancave upgrade... looks like a fun time fellas, your not gonna beat South Dakota for ringnecks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark,

How mobile do you need to be? My Pops ain't as spry as he used to be, and at 67 with COPD. Could we sub a day of walking for setting up at the pdog town instead? It fits, as I'm home the 4th of Oct from Newfie.

It also sounds like a good trip for us.

Thanks,
Breeze </div></div>

We host a lot of hunters that aren't very mobile. If the group reaches 6 or more hunters, I can set him as a blocker at the end of a field. It will be minimal walking and a lot of pass shooting.

I'll shoot you a PM when I get back to my computer this evening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW. your cabin looks amazing, my blueprints are in the work, I need much better accommodations for my elk, deer, lope, grouse and pheasant hunters... not to mention a mancave upgrade... looks like a fun time fellas, your not gonna beat South Dakota for ringnecks. </div></div>

Thanks. It was originally built in 1920 as a barn to house 8 teams of horses. In 2006 it was repurposed into a 15,000 sq.ft. lodge for corporate entertainment.

Man, looks like a great time! Can't swing it this time around but great offer and great fun to be had.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How many slots are still open? </div></div>

Approximately 10 spots available. How many would you need?

We need one more person for this hunt. Who wants to shoot some birds?

We had our first group of the year headlined by NFL hall of fame running back John Riggins. 101 birds shot in two days! Saw an unbelievable amount of birds.

This hunt is a go, deposits are in for 6 hunters.

Yesterday wrapped up our second group of the season. 10 hunters shot 172 roosters in 3 days. We flushed thousands of birds during their hunt. In some fields there were flushes numbering in the hundreds. With a mild winter last year and a wet spring this year, the hatch was very strong.

Last week we ate 20 ounce sirloins, 2-inch thick chops, tenderloin kabobs, coconut pheasant with risotto, several homemade soups and breads, pumpkin cheesecake, and red velvet cake.

Saturday and Sunday evening we had the football game on the 168" screen and many hands of poker were played.

Let's fill this up with Hide members!

cant wait till sat with the amount of birds i have seen it is going to be a good year. temps look nice not to hot for the dogs. I know the presurves around here have been shooting alot of birds also.

Guys,

Let me tell y'all something. Mark and the bunch at EaglePass are some great people. They took us in, filled us up with some amazingly good grub (at every meal) then put us on a ton of pheasant.

At one point, the drive was like a carnival game on damn acid. I shot three boxes of ammo in a three shot beretta 390. There where roosters going every direction, flying around us in circles, some where coming and lighting near us we were still shooting at others.....it was the damned-est thing we had ever seen. fortunately for the pheasant, we were the worst damn wing shooters they had ever been exposed too. I think a few of them fell out of the air from laughing too hard at us!

It was like the keystone cops out there running around going tactical with cork pop guns! I'm just glad no one had a video camera!

What a brilliant spread and hospitality. I can't say thanks enough to Mark & Kris, Jimmy and all the staff for taking such good care of us and putting on three days of great hunting. Jimmy, give that pup "Rocket" a scratch on the head for us.

I've been crawling out of an upside down helicopter, underwater, it seems like all day now.

As soon as I can get pix, I'll post some of the pheasant sniper crew in action....warning, you'll laugh yer tits off.

Cheers,
Breeze