• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniping In The Ukraine

1EE4C2EE-B2B7-48E5-B23B-93722AD7E94C.jpeg

I stumbled on this over the weekend and decided to give it a watch. It’s from the earlier invasion and takeover of Donbas. The documentary fallows a Serbian Sniper that has came to Donbas to fight the Ukrainians with the Russian separatists. Not a whole lot of actions. Gives some decent perspective from the other side of the fight, however I found it quite comical when towards the end when the build up went to him having a “sniper duel” with a famous Ukrainian Sniper that talks shit to him over Facebook. No joke! 🤦‍♂️😂
FYI you can watch it for free on YouTube.

Reactions: Davo308
Underwhelming so far (except for the Odessa Ass Bandit). Maybe some commentary on the below would keep things moving. This came from another thread and I can’t verify they are Ukrainian but it’s clear the beltfed guy is ready to party. Otherwise looks like multicam was on sale at the local fabric shop

8815762A-A502-4ADA-B9CA-A0169B216FF5.jpeg

Underwhelming so far (except for the Odessa Ass Bandit). Maybe some commentary on the below would keep things moving. This came from another thread and I can’t verify they are Ukrainian but it’s clear the beltfed guy is ready to party. Otherwise looks like multicam was on sale at the local fabric shop

View attachment 7822283
Nice combo

Looks like a few AI’s, DT and maybe a Savage??!!

Savage guy would be the one wearing the big NF bullseye on his forehead

I stumbled on this over the weekend and decided to give it a watch. It’s from the earlier invasion and takeover of Donbas. The documentary fallows a Serbian Sniper that has came to Donbas to fight the Ukrainians with the Russian separatists. Not a whole lot of actions. Gives some decent perspective from the other side of the fight, however I found it quite comical when towards the end when the build up went to him having a “sniper duel” with a famous Ukrainian Sniper that talks shit to him over Facebook. No joke! 🤦‍♂️😂

we were talking about that movie/documentary on page 2.

Reactions: Darkside-Six

View attachment 7822283

What are the night vision scopes in the top row, 2nd from the right and bottom row extreme right? Also what night vision scope does the ghillie man (standing) in the bottom row 2nd from the left have?

Last edited:

View attachment 7822283
I have knowledge of a couple of these guys.
And i am feeling sorry for their opponents.

We are having a surge of refugees from Ukraine right now, some 5 k has arrived here in DK over the last few days and there is a HUGE civilian effort to get woman, children and elderly out of harms way.
At my own workplace, most of the Ukranian males, has gone home to defend their country.

How many of you guys would do that, if you were living and working in a safe country?

At my own workplace, most of the Ukranian males, has gone home to defend their country.

How many of you guys would do that, if you were living and working in a safe country?
American men leave their families and a safe country all the time, but do it to defend other peoples' countries. Huge differentiator there. That's why we're the greatest country on the planet.

I watched the movie. Deki's rifle is the Orsis SE T-5000. It looked to me like it might have been chambered in .300 WM but I could be wrong.

In the portion of the video where they set out to get the Mariupol sniper he's carrying a Dragunov then in the building he's carrying the Orsis.

At an hour into the video on the first engagement with the Mariupol sniper he gets hit in the chest plate of his body armor. Prior to that, I wondered about the wisdom of sticking the rifle through the loop hole. Then he gets shot.

After recovering, he goes to the third floor, and sticks his rifle through another loop hole! Then he gets the man from Mariupol.

Of course, this could be just for the camera and in real life, he would not do that. This is just my opinion coming from a humble amateur.

Another interesting facet of the duel between Deki and the Mariupol sniper is the psychological warfare game that they play over social media.

If I was in Deki's place, I really don't think I would want to be the star of a documentary like that. Too many people would know his face and he would walk around like a hunted man for a long time if he ever got the opportunity to return to Serbia.

There are several instances when discussions take place about shooting at night. Yet you never see Deki using any night vision.

Edit: Here's a thread on the Orsis 5000.

One of the articles linked in the above thread falsely accuses the NRA of aiding the Russian sniper program. Anyway, that article shows Deki carrying the Orsis 5000.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkside-Six
I have knowledge of a couple of these guys.
And i am feeling sorry for their opponents.

We are having a surge of refugees from Ukraine right now, some 5 k has arrived here in DK over the last few days and there is a HUGE civilian effort to get woman, children and elderly out of harms way.

Any info you can share on them? Not sure what you mean by how many but I think the number of people who would step up in a conflict at home would be in the millions. Like someone else already said, we have spilled a lot of blood here and there. And the javelin missiles you’re using to stop some Russian armor no doubt come with English instructions:)

@Longshot231 my initial thought was some type of thermal scope but maybe they are NV

Reactions: Longshot231
Any info you can share on them? Not sure what you mean by how many but I think the number of people who would step up in a conflict at home would be in the millions. Like someone else already said, we have spilled a lot of blood here and there. And the javelin missiles you’re using to stop some Russian armor no doubt come with English instructions:)

@Longshot231 my initial thought was some type of thermal scope but maybe they are NV
Passing any info regarding a individual, participating in the conflict, would be reckless.
There will be a time after this and someone could be tempted to go for a vengeance! Russians has a remarkebly good memory.

As for my self, i have been in action in the Balkans, Iraq and Afghanistan, so fighting other peoples war, is no stranger to me!
But, these guys, returning to their motherland, to volunteer for the fight, is something different.
Those i know about, are in the age between 23 - 36 years, some of them has never done any millitary service, but nevertheless, when called upon, they went!
The situation here in Europe is shitty, as most of the western part has demobilized allmost everything. but the new german chancellor has just announced, that they will make a VERY rapid re-arming.
Our own gov. has ordered all LAV's and Stinger parts ( the latter was withdrawn from service in 2014 ) in stock to to be delivered to the Ukranian forces ASAP and new stocks to be aquired at once.
Ex-service personel has been allowed to join the fight, but at their own risk and expence.

Last edited:
Reactions: 30calDeath
Could it be possible that Putin is holding the majority of his military in reserve? After all, he has a mindset that says NATO can, and will, launch an all out counter attack if it looks like the Ukraine will capitulate.

Who knows what is in his head. My guess is they figured Ukraine would roll over easily and didn't bring enough equipment or supplies for more than a week or two of fighting.

I watched the movie. Deki's rifle is the Orsis SE T-5000. It looked to me like it might have been chambered in .300 WM but I could be wrong.

In the portion of the video where they set out to get the Mariupol sniper he's carrying a Dragunov then in the building he's carrying the Orsis.

At an hour into the video on the first engagement with the Mariupol sniper he gets hit in the chest plate of his body armor. Prior to that, I wondered about the wisdom of sticking the rifle through the loop hole. Then he gets shot.

After recovering, he goes to the third floor, and sticks his rifle through another loop hole! Then he gets the man from Mariupol.

Of course, this could be just for the camera and in real life, he would not do that. This is just my opinion coming from a humble amateur.

Another interesting facet of the duel between Deki and the Mariupol sniper is the psychological warfare game that they play over social media.

If I was in Deki's place, I really don't think I would want to be the star of a documentary like that. Too many people would know his face and he would walk around like a hunted man for a long time if he ever got the opportunity to return to Serbia.

There are several instances when discussions take place about shooting at night. Yet you never see Deki using any night vision.

Edit: Here's a thread on the Orsis 5000.

One of the articles linked in the above thread falsely accuses the NRA of aiding the Russian sniper program. Anyway, that article shows Deki carrying the Orsis 5000.

But them dum dum bullets. 🤦‍♂️😂

Passing any info regarding a individual, participating in the conflict, would be reckless.
There will be a time after this and someone could be tempted to go for vengeance! Russians has a remarkeble good memory.

As for my self, i have been in action in the Balkans, Iraq and Afghanistan, so fighting other peoples war, is no stranger to me!
But, these guys, returning to their motherland, to volunteer for the fight, is something different.
Those i know about, are in the age between 23 - 36 years, some of them has never done any millitary service, but nevertheless, when called upon, they went!
The situation here in Europe is shitty, as most of the western part has demobilized allmost everything. but the new german chancellor has just announced, that they will make a VERY rapid re-arming.
Our own gov. has orderet all LAV's and Stinger parts ( the latter was withdrawn from service in 2014 ) in stock to to be delivered to the Ukranian forces ASAP and new stocks to be aquired at once.
Ex-service personel has been allowed to join the fight, but at their own risk and expence.
Certainly not asking you to give name, address or anything! Some were curious about their equipment as Euro stuff is somewhat different from what we have here.

I'm still not sure what to think about this whole thing

But them dum dum bullets. 🤦‍♂️😂

I caught that terminology as well. Perhaps it's the way it's translated to English.

I read the book "Notes of a Russian Sniper" by Vassili Zaitsev. There are various places in the book when he says that the bullets were "whizzing" or "whistling" past him.

I've never been shot at but spent a lot of time in the pits. Bullets don't "whizz" or "whistle" when they pass as long as they are still going supersonic.

Regardless of that, I would pass that error off to something a ghost writer might have said, rather than Zaitsev himself. Or maybe some errors in translation.

I caught that terminology as well. Perhaps it's the way it's translated to English.

I read the book "Notes of a Russian Sniper" by Vassili Zaitsev. There are various places in the book when he says that the bullets were "whizzing" or "whistling" past him.

I've never been shot at but spent a lot of time in the pits. Bullets don't "whizz" or "whistle" when they pass as long as they are still going supersonic.

Regardless of that, I would pass that error off to something a ghost writer might have said, rather than Zaitsev himself. Or maybe some errors in translation.
Agreed. I just found it humorous along with those two talking shit to each other of Facebook.

American men leave their families and a safe country all the time, but do it to defend other peoples' countries. Huge differentiator there. That's why we're the greatest country on the planet.

Well the marketing is that, but the product is defending stock tickers, still I agree with your overall point.

Reactions: UNRL Ghandi
Certainly not asking you to give name, address or anything! Some were curious about their equipment as Euro stuff is somewhat different from what we have here.

I'm still not sure what to think about this whole thing
That's all right, no offense taken ;) The gear we are using over here are mostly bolt guns, due to the EU regulations on AR's, there are however some H&K MR 308 and Smith&Wesson MP10 in use, but it's a few, due to the beforementioned regulations.
The supressors is a story for it self, there are a lot of interresting designs, mostly from the Scandinavian countries, as we have a longer tradition for civilian use, than the rest of europe, in DK they were legalized in 2014 and are unrestricted, if you have a licenced rifle.
Rem 700 and their clones are quite popular and of course Tikka and Sako's.
As for stocks there are a lot of KRG and MDT around

Last edited:

They do make a whizzing sound after ricochet. Have heard that several times. Sounds like a loud bumblebee. Instead of the snap of the bullet passing you can actually hear where the bullet is heading

Reactions: RGStory
They do make a whizzing sound after ricochet. Have heard that several times. Sounds like a loud bumblebee. Instead of the snap of the bullet passing you can actually hear where the bullet is heading

Yes, I realize that but I don't think Zaitsev was referring to the ricochets.

It's a long story but I was falsely accused of shooting towards someone's house many years ago. I caught them in the lie and nothing came of it other than I stopped hunting in that location ever again.

However, my first hint that they were lying was when they were saying that the bullets were "whizzing" by them. At the time that they accused me of shooting in their direction I was no more than 300 yards away.

Since that time, I've heard several instances of people saying they were shot at and the bullet "whizzed" by their head. Maybe it was a ricochet or maybe they were making something up to get attention.

So I think that the errors in the book were those of a ghost writer or something lost in translation.

EDIT: Back to the use of the term "dum-dum" bullets in the movie. Maybe they were using that term as part of a propaganda ploy since so many people have been accustomed to that term and it would make the Ukrainian Nationalists look bad.

After all, to someone unfamiliar with firearms, the term "dum-dum" has been around for more than a century and sounds more ominous than saying "soft-point" ammunition.

I read that some of the Croats were found of using the .22-250 for their sniping but the articles didn't say they were abiding by the Geneva convention by avoiding the use of varmint ammunition.

Last edited:
You realize there was a violent uprising in Kiev in 2014? That overthrew the elected leader. Which started a civil war. This is a result of that uprising. This is the resulting war it never stopped.

Sovern... do you mean Sovereign???

Say it out loud “western back militia in Kyiv overthrew the Ukrainian government in 2014, violently “
You have left out so much that informs those events that your post ends up being nothing but pro-Russian spin.

I shot with one of the Ukrainian team in the 2017 FCWC in Canada, and they have been known to come to the US for bigger F class comps. (They shoot F-TR) If I’m not mistaken they were/are all military. I recall that the guy I was squadded with shot well.

Reactions: 30calDeath
Yes, I realize that but I don't think Zaitsev was referring to the ricochets.

It's a long story but I was falsely accused of shooting towards someone's house many years ago. I caught them in the lie and nothing came of it other than I stopped hunting in that location ever again.

However, my first hint that they were lying was when they were saying that the bullets were "whizzing" by them. At the time that they accused me of shooting in their direction I was no more than 300 yards away.

Since that time, I've heard several instances of people saying they were shot at and the bullet "whizzed" by their head. Maybe it was a ricochet or maybe they were making something up to get attention.

So I think that the errors in the book were those of a ghost writer or something lost in translation.

EDIT: Back to the use of the term "dum-dum" bullets in the movie. Maybe they were using that term as part of a propaganda ploy since so many people have been accustomed to that term and it would make the Ukrainian Nationalists look bad.

After all, to someone unfamiliar with firearms, the term "dum-dum" has been around for more than a century and sounds more ominous than saying "soft-point" ammunition.

I read that some of the Croats were found of using the .22-250 for their sniping but the articles didn't say they were abiding by the Geneva convention by avoiding the use of varmint ammunition
One reason they may have written "whizzing" in the book is because the majority of the readers have no idea that rifle rounds flying by crack and you don't hear the whiz. Writing editors will change that kind of stuff and dumb it down for the readers comprehension. "Bullets whizzing by" paints the picture that everyone can understand.

Reactions: Longshot231
One reason they may have written "whizzing" in the book is because the majority of the readers have no idea that rifle rounds flying by crack and you don't hear the whiz. Writing editors will change that kind of stuff and dumb it down for the readers comprehension. "Bullets whizzing by" paints the picture that everyone can understand.

Good point.

Among many, Ive always loved Saving Private Ryan, especially the opening scene. But it, along with all the movies, has the same fault, right? Bullets whizzing by. Shit would be cracking like a motherfucker. Hard to have dialogue with all that supersonic cracking though, the whizzing is for effect. Stupid Hollywood, fucking up reality. It is easy to tell when somebody is lying about being shot at though, LOL.

Among many, Ive always loved Saving Private Ryan, especially the opening scene. But it, along with all the movies, has the same fault, right? Bullets whizzing by. Shit would be cracking like a motherfucker. Hard to have dialogue with all that supersonic cracking though, the whizzing is for effect. Stupid Hollywood, fucking up reality. It is easy to tell when somebody is lying about being shot at though, LOL.

That's the first thing I noticed about that movie. As I recall the map studies, the German MGs were 200-300 meters from the shoreline and the Czech hedgehogs. The bullets would have been cracking. There were other obvious errors that I won't get into.

The hollywoods don't know fuckall even when they try to research it. That and they don't give a fuck. With the double digit IQ of most their audience they don't have to, just make the bullets whiz and collect their money.

Reactions: gigamortis
Send a contract officer to the Ukraine border with cash to buy all the Russian equipment rolling in. Cheaper for the world, the Russian soldiers make some cash and Putin gets what he deserves - nothing.

It’s illegal to defend our country. We are being invaded from the south as we speak. Stopping it would land a man in prison. The US military doesn’t fight to defend us either. They are used to enrich certain people and push certain agendas that have nothing to do with US interests.
Lot of truth in this staement.

It’s illegal to defend our country. We are being invaded from the south as we speak. Stopping it would land a man in prison. The US military doesn’t fight to defend us either. They are used to enrich certain people and push certain agendas that have nothing to do with US interests.

Me when open season is declared on the southern border:

1646746471882.jpeg

I didn’t even touch upon the illegality of defending and ridding our country of Marxists and other sociopaths that have attacked and crippled her. Those that swore to protect the country haven’t and those that swore to protect the communities are the reason this domestic issue is even possible in the first place as men would handle their own without the state’s men’s reign of terror.
Another dose of truth. I'm afraid we are past the point of no return. Our vote means nothing and politicians act without consequence...no fear of the ballot box, jury box or ammo box.

I was under the impression that their mil snipers are mostly using AI and Barrett, and 338 LM is the preferred calibre.

However, with civilians picking up arms (admittedly not 'snipers') I guess the best gun for shooting the enemy is whatever gun you have avaliable when you encounter the enemy.

I was reading an article last week, can't find it now (Google swamped with sniper articles) where it was explained that snipers are working in teams (5-ish) rather than pairs, and using cameras to monitor enemy movements and patterns, then deploying shooters to manipulate the enemy into good locations for artillery or similar.

Seems like at least one level above how I had imagined it would be (dig hole, wait, shoot at enemy, run before boomerang or whatever locates you and artilleries the shit out of your location). I guess people smarter than me have been thinking about force multiplying tactics!

Reactions: BCP and TurboTrout