• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes So I bought a Barska...

Dude327

Private
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2013
South Dakota
I just recently bought a new Savage Mk2 .22LR so I'd have a decent rifle to practice with and I bought one of the Barska P4 Ridgeline scopes. I know it wasn't designed for centerfire rifles, but I wanted something not too expensive with turrets. Anyhow, yesterday I sighted it in when I got home and then went to re-zero the turret and, upon reading the instructions, learned that I need to remove the drums in order to reset the turret. However, the directions don't tell you how to do that, all they say is that you need the "appropriate tool" but doesn't say what that is, and I can't find more specific directions anywhere on the web. So question is...

Is there anyone here that has delt with their ridgeline scopes that knows how to reset the turret to zero?

Probably 3 set screws around the turret loosen them all and pop the turret off align your zero hashes and retighten screws.

Yea, you would think so since every other scope with turrets in the world works that way. But this one has some locking mechanism that allows you to lock the turret so that you don't accidently adjust it, and once you unscrew the one screw and take the turret off, there is a specific slot in the drum underneath that the scew has to go back into. What I can't find out how to do is to move the drum into the right position to fit the turret back on where I want it without changing the elevation and windage. The instructions tell you that you can do it, but not how.

dont just the turrets, If a scope doesnt track messing with the turrets will only un sight your rifle. Not all scopes track, and Barska defintally does not.

The Barska Tactical I had had Allen screws on the turret to loosen it and reset zero, just like basically every other scope I have owned. It has been awhile but IIRC they may have been covered in a dab of plastic I had to remove?

BTW, I shot that scope heavily for 4 years on my main hunting gun (Omega muzzleloader). It actually tracked well and was a good scope for me. It got a lot of dialing as I shot the gun to 500 yards and that takes some MOA with a muzzleloader. After POI shifted from 5,000 miles in the bed of a truck in a single week I retired it (because by then cost was not an issue and I was ready to upgrade anyways).

So I finally got a hold of Barska's customer service yesterday and asked them about my issue and the lady helping me told that this particular model, although it has an outer turret, cannot be reset to zero after you have sighted your rifle in due to the fact that the locking mechanism only allows the turret to be put back on the drum when lined up with the locking groove. So I asked her "why even have an external turret if you can't reset it to zero?" to which she replied "I don't know, we get asked that alot, but it's just the way it is." So moral of the story... don't buy the Barska P4 Ridgeline series scopes, because the external turret is just for looks.

Returned it today and exchanged it for a Nikon P-22, so we'll see how this one works out.

Its a sales gimmick!!! There are a lot of those cheap scopes that have turrets on them now days. They are made for the cool factor and to get people to buy them cuz they look real when in fact its nothing more than their normal pos scope with different knob covers on it... lesson learned the hard way. You pay for what you get. IMO I wouldnt step below a SWFA SS for any gun. Ive gone through it and been had by the gimmick myself years ago. And no a nikon buckmasters scope doesnt track either...

You bought a Barfska? I know money is tight but I have a Vortex Crossfire that I will sell you for $85.