• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Someone is going to be pissed...

wakerider017

Private
Minuteman
Dec 27, 2010
FL, USA
I hope this doesn't violate any rules by posting this.. It is an ebay link, but the item is already sold and I am not the seller...

I saw this on ebay... Someone just bought what looks like a $700 counterfeit..

Ouch
eek.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...=#ht_726wt_1141

Re: Someone is going to be pissed...

LMAO....... next will be a smith&bendher SMII (swat model II)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KSwift</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The seller doesn't have much for pictures.

What tipped you off that its a fake? </div></div>

My guess would be the green illumination, I think Leupolds come with red.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: taseal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how so?</div></div>

The illumination cap is wrong, the color of the illumination is wrong, there are no numbered distances on the parallax knob on real Mk 4's, there's also no white lettering on the finish ring at the objective. Additionally in the given specs the length is totally wrong for a 4.5-14, as is the weight, and the listed click value should've been flag also.

-Magnification: 4.5-14x
-Long Range
-Demountable Drawtube
-Illuminated Type: Red & Green
-Objective Diameter: 50mm
-Click Value: 1/4 ft @ 100 yards
-Material: Aircraft-Grade Aluminum Alloy
-11 Level Brightness Control
-Exit pupil: 4.4mm-13.3mm
-Eye Relief: 3.60 Inches
-Anti-glare reflective coating on front lens
-Dust Proof, Shock Proof, fog Proof
-Precision Windage & Elevation Adjustment
-Perfect for all terrains and all weather conditions
-Length 17"
-Weight 1035g

^^^^^^ Do the Real MKIV have both red and green illumination ?

Nope...nor do they have 1/4 FOOT per click adjustments. They're also 12.8" in length and weight considerably less than 1035g.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you look at his feedback you can see where he sold the exact same scope with pretty much the same Schpiel for a bunch more ..... Other Ebay Listing </div></div>

Ya wanna know the best part???

On that previous auction listing, he added that he "found the original Leupold box" and is including it. So he's shipping the fakes in authentic boxes he's buying somewhere..., wow.

The best part is when you read the Feedback the buyer left him .

<span style="font-weight: bold">Great Scope. Shipped fast and packaged well. A+++</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you look at his feedback you can see where he sold the exact same scope with pretty much the same Schpiel for a bunch more ..... Other Ebay Listing </div></div>

Good call!

ALSO

Take a look at the elevation knob. The numbers are presented horizontally.

I want to reiterate the fact that this scope LOOKS and WORKS like it was NEW! I have babied it and kept it in a hard case it's entire life. There are EXTREMELY MINOR scratches (and just a couple) that don't even penetrate the black coating on the scope. The lenses have no scratches! This thing could be considered new... but I have had it mounted and I have used it... so I'm selling it as used, but in like-new condition.

It also comes with the 30mm rings (still attached/mounted to the scope).

We do have a lengthy handling time... so this scope might not ship for up to 2 weeks. (However, most shipments are processed within 2 business days.)

Bid accordingly! (below are specs from the web)

^^^^^ You guys see the "Rings"....look like total crap !!!

Why would a private party have a "lengthy handling time" ? Unless it is coming directly from China
mad.gif

Seems it is even "Pre Scratched" to give it that slightly used look,would love to see the box it comes in
laugh.gif

I reported it.

Don't know if that makes me a jerk or not, but I'd hate to save up and spend that scratch on a fake.

-Ino

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I reported it.

Don't know if that makes me a jerk or not

-Ino </div></div>

No, it don't make you a jerk at all. I was going to report it myself. Dishonest people need to be dissed... you done good. I hate that people get away with this crap all the time.

DK

First thing I saw was the objective ring. White letters..

Def not a Leuppy.

Good call on reporting him. Might save someone else a headache in the future.

A lot of buyers don't know better and some just bid on the item based on the title without reading the description and looking at the pics first. A big no no!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael N</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is probably the scope right here .... Airsoft Leupold </div></div>

Wow! Awesome mark-up! 700-1200% mark-up and drop shipped from China to boot, so no need to actually buy any inventory!

I'm in the wrong business...

Maybe some other folks should report him too, so we can nip this in the bud?

Is that too NARC-ish?

Man, I must be getting old.

lol

I just send this message to jprc86 who bought the leup scope for $1,226 and left positive feedback! Hopefully, this guy gets his $ back if the scope was fake.

I am writing you because you left + feedback for nekhunter here on Ebay. I wanted to warn you that I just noticed nekhunter sold a fake Leupold scope here.
Here is a link to Leupold that will help you verify if your scope is real or fake. Link: http://www.leupold.com/corporate/resources/counterfeit-warning/

<span style="color: #FF0000">I just dropped the other $1200 buyer a message (below):</span>

Hey, the scope you bought a few weeks ago is a lot like a fake that the same seller just sold. Is you're a fake too?

Here's a link to Leupold's counterfeit-warning site.

http://www.leupold.com/corporate/resources/counterfeit-warning/

And here's a link to a website that sells a common rip-off that looks like it might be exactly what you just bought:

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/shop/index....roducts_id=5536

Here is a link to the one he just sold that is a fake and had the exact same description yours had.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...si=gcN3ejnhf44Tve%2FTnMH8Och02s4%3D&viewitem=

Please let me know if yours is a fake.

Thanks

<span style="color: #FF0000">So we'll see if he emails me back</span>

This should be reported. Before reading this thread I would not have known better. I guess a lot of us could be victims of this scumbag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayman_10X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This should be reported. Before reading this thread I would not have known better. I guess a lot of us could be victims of this scumbag. </div></div>

Based on only having 8 feedbacks I'm betting he gets banned from Ebay and then just sets up another account and keeps going.

Well I'm glad at the least this thread provided a litte awareness for other Hide members.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jayman_10X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This should be reported. Before reading this thread I would not have known better. I guess a lot of us could be victims of this scumbag. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Caveat emptor</span>

This is why the buyer needs to educate themselves on what they are about to buy.. With times being tough for so many now, more assclowns will be out trying to take advantage on anyone they can..

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!
laugh.gif
Thats funny....LG costume....

I read that article in Gun Digest a few weeks ago....Sucks for the people that have already been screwed. Best to do your homework.

BM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr Pink</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one of our very own hide members has been burned by one of these low life D-bags. people that sell things like this should burn...

"new scope" thread </div></div>They will.
wink.gif

Definately a fake. I could tell even with the crappy out of focus pictures. I know that Leupold gets a lot of heat on the hide from a lot of people, but I cannot help but wonder how much of it is due to this crap going on. I have seen some of the fake Leupolds out there and some of them are damn convincing. Leupold may deserve some of the criticism that is here, but they do not deserve this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this another? http://cgi.ebay.com/leupold-mark-4-tacti...4#ht_500wt_1156 </div></div>

Yes that is a fake as well. White lettering on the obj bell and no gold medallion on the pa knob. and leupolds are 3.5-10 or 4.5-14, no 3.5-14's made.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: roggom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is this another? http://cgi.ebay.com/leupold-mark-4-tacti...4#ht_500wt_1156 </div></div>

Ha just asked this guy this:

<span style="color: #FF0000">$1200 seems a little steep for a fake scope any chance you'd take $40 as this scope as this sells for $89 on several airsoft sites?</span>

Who's to say the "buyers" aren't him under different user names or his friends doing the bidding to try to make him look legit?

My buddy bought a fake from a major sporting goods chain store. They even mounted it for him and let him walk out the store with it. The only reason he found out about it was because the parallax was broken and he wanted to return it (he has since learned ALL about counterfeit Leupys). It took about a week of phone calls and an investigation from the chain, but he finally did get it replaced.

The problem doesn't exist just on ebay. Make sure you know what you are buying, and thoroughly research the item before you plop down money for anything.

YouTube vid of the fake scope that was mounted by the store

I guess that if you want an "illuminated recital" instead of "retical". You would get your money's worth. By the way, a recital is where they perform music or dance or something...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jbak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My buddy bought a fake from a major sporting goods chain store. They even mounted it for him and let him walk out the store with it. The only reason he found out about it was because the parallax was broken and he wanted to return it (he has since learned ALL about counterfeit Leupys). It took about a week of phone calls and an investigation from the chain, but he finally did get it replaced.

The problem doesn't exist just on ebay. Make sure you know what you are buying, and thoroughly research the item before you plop down money for anything.

YouTube vid of the fake scope that was mounted by the store </div></div>

Actually surprises me that doesn't happen more. Buy a cheap counterfeit knock off and then the real deal from a big name sporting goods store. Return the cheap copy as the real deal.

The thief would get the real scope for a knock off price.