• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

Re: Sons of Guns - New Discovery Show

Fact is fact. If you look at the shop an it's equipment, then the stores stock in the first episode, an fast forward to the last one, where did all that money come from?

No matter if you love or hate the show, Red Jacket, Top Gun an the likes, are laughing all the way to the bank.

I doubt those guys an gals are like that in real life, but when the director says this is what I want, it gets done or there's going to be changes you will not like at all.

Remember there are very few movies an shows that target fact, fiction an the unknown is a bigger seller to the masses. If they targeted us they'd go broke, but the unknowing Cheeto eaters know no better.

+100

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This show is so red neck anti-gun propaganda. They make gun owners look like hoodlums and idiots. I'm sure that all the people who don't own guns and don't know the laws about guns are really diggin it.
Worst of all, the front cover of NRA American Rifleman Magazine last month has these dip shits on it as well as an article about them. NRA makes it look like these are what gun people in America look like. To those who don't know, we all look like dumbass rednecks . This is the face of American gun ownership and the NRA supports it by publishing them in the magazine. Then this month, the same magazine has a full page ad for the show. All I can say is wow. It never failed to surprise me what money from one hand to another can do. NRA gets their hand greased by the Discovery channel to put this shit in their magazine and as long as the NRA gets paid, they don't care that the gun owners look like skinheads and idiots.</div></div>

I'm still trying to figure out why the guy on the last episode would shell out god knows how much coin for a quad MG 42 that he couldn't even "own"...

WTF was the deal with that...what idiot would pay tens of thousands of $$ for a quad MG that he wouldn't even own, or have possession of?

I think posted this earlier, like it or not these folks doing dumb shit pays the bills. Its not compelling TV watching a a gunsmith do things in a methodical careful approach. Nope good TV is a bunch of good ole boys and slapping shit together and seeing if it becomes a train wreck. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if that qaud MG-42 doesn't show up on the COD.
And for the record, the daughter is yummy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
And for the record, the daughter is yummy. </div></div>

So is potted meat....

You reeally need to get out of NJ if you think she is yummy. Based on Southern standards, she is below average. I have seen women 10 times that hot gassing up their truck at the 7-11. Our bus stops have better looking women at them....

She is decent at best but when she starts talking or laughs it just makes my skin crawl!!

Since I got back from Iraq I have been told you got to watch this show by all these guys at work, of course, they all think of me as the "big gun-nut. I have tried to watch this show but it is just really dumb. When I watch Orange County Choppers at the end of the show I say man what a nice bike that they have developed and made. When I see this show I say, that is stupid who would ever buy that POS. Not to mention the way they make the southern people seem like all rednecks and hicks. That show blows. The show just seems so contrived.

My biggest problem with the show is like the script was written by BATF to make people think they can manufacture new machine guns and enjoy them. It’s just plain crooked and bassackwards. It does a disservice to the whole gun owning world. I’m also not a fan of AKs and they spend way too much time with them. Trying to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. The last show with the quad MG-42s was a slap in the face of all WWII veterans. My 89 year old WWII veteran father was pissed when he saw that. I just wonder how much business this show has drummed up for BATF. Kind of like the ad in Shotgun News for the M-16 auto sear. I bet they send the name of everyone that tries to purchase one straight to BATF.

I hate this show! foolish stupid ideas obviously drummed up by some writer and then made to look like some LE guy is actually interested in.
I see the next project is a suppressd grenade launcher, really? As if anyone who has the means to own and use a grenade launcher give two squirts of piss about the noise it produces. "shhhhhhh, we are gonna sneak a couple grenades into this guys house, but we dont want to spook 'em with the report .. . . . . . . ."
And the idiot claiming that it IS the most destructive thing they've ever made, THEIR SHOW is the most destructive thing they've ever made.

Quick! Everyone look! Red Hackit is making a knife that shoots out of the handle. These guys are cutting edge, game changers really.

Oh and a floating device for a "15 pound" over under.

Placing my orders first thing in the morning.

They did it now,That looter that stole the beer during Katrina sleeping it off in the Crack house..
The 411 is out,looter payback is on da way to red's house to loot him..

R.I.P.
lootere1264004248304.jpg

By asm1 at 2011-08-17

Good to know this "gun expert" thinks that the max range of a MK-19 is 500M.. I would love to see them try to shoot a civilian with a 40mm from a mark and call it "less than lethal" hahahaha. If there is a god he will give all these people leprosy mixed with AIDS.

The last two episodes that i watched had someone smashing their fingers with hammers and whatnot. Made me laugh. Glad that they aired that.

I loved how on the Super Slo-Mo, frame x frame, Hi-Speed footage of them shooting the plywood building with their "live H.E." grenade, that there are NO grenades anywhere in the vicinity of the shed. Yet there's a beautiful, dramatic shot of their shack exploding.

Also, I sincerely hope that suppressor is more impressive in-person than it was on-screen, because it sounded like it made more F-ing noise WITH their can, than it did when they were shooting earlier without it, to me anyway.

Here I thought they made a buncha useless, half-assed, overpriced shit last season! The shit they're building in season 2 looks like it was dreamed-up by some 5yr old kid that's never been in the same room with a firearm!

Suppressed, select-fire Grenade-launcher: Yeah, every LE Dept needs the capability to launch 40mm HE/tear-gas grenades from 3-4 subdivisions over!

Quad-42: $15K, useless, malfunctioning POS that the customer can't even take possession of, much less OWN!

Tri-mese: Jesus Christ! What a f***ing waste of 3, good AR upper & lower receivers!

.410 Arrow-Gun: Not sure which was more ignorant. The arrow-gun concept, or that goofy-looking, "Arrow Affliction" asshole that asked for it?

Knife-gun/Blade-shooter: Had EPIC-potential, if test-fire had ended w/ massive blood-splatter, and/or injuries & mass trauma casulties due to stray projectile-finger(s)

Chrome, handle-bar fired M-1919: WTF!?!

1,000 AK-Sniper Rifle: Dremel-blueprinted chamber (+) Tapco (+) Tact-i-kool scope via "Cheaper than Dirt" mounted 6" above bore (x) .50" 3-shot groups @ 10ft (x) 2-3" 3-shot groups @ 150yds

=

1,000yd CAPABLE !!!

All you USMC/Army Snipers who are downrange, just making-do with sub-standard equipment, ya'll just go ahead and Shit-Can all your M40's, M24's, M21's, & M110's! Red Jacket's coming to the rescue with a couple C-130's loaded to the gills with your new, Mission-Ready, 1,000 AK's!

Each of which come complete with your very own like-new, generic-brand, knock-off Dremel tool, & accessories!!!

*** No cleaning-kit required! ***

There should be a law against them wasting our time like that. You know I enjoy shooting and can't hardly help myself from watching anything that has to do with firearms. Now with Red Jacket stealing our time like that I think they should pay me for the wasted time.

32 round uzi mag in 2.65 seconds = 725 rpm

I completely agree. Unfortunately for those of us who are <span style="text-decoration: underline">not</span> *redneck hillbilly mexi-carry pistolero's* Discovery channel had to choose to represent us - this group of southern gentlemen that: (a) take credit for ideas that are NOT their own (i.e. the "MasterKey," and the "Box Gun"); (b) work way to hard trying to find the magic on-screen conflict that works like Sr. Vs. Jr. in Seasons 1 and 2; and (c) routinely attempt to talk about tactics, techniques, and/or technology which they clearly and disappointingly know absolutely nothing about, and seem not to care enough to find the fuck out.

The ultimate result is a "show" that tries way to hard and accomplishes little more than giving anyone unfamiliar with gunsmithing and gun enthusiasts a reason NOT to engage such a person in a legitimate, intelligent, and productive conversation.

I will give the guys this - they are really, really good at one thing - the AK work they do is second to none. They really are God's gift to the AK Platform. They have a good handle on the Saiga AK Shotgun schema, as well as the various flavors of AK-is-what-you-want.

But - how do you fill 22 minutes of entertainment, week in and week out, by doing something that's pretty boring? The answer is to add in the stupid pill. Just take two of 'em about 30 minutes before taping begins, and we're good to go. ;-)

Seriously though, I am at a loss as to this one. On one hand, I am elated that our beloved and oft-berated sport has been funded and accepted into the mainstream media - and it's not representing us all as cold-blooded killers or irresponsible morons with live ammo. On the other hand, I really wish that Discovery Channel would either: (1) hire a narrator that does his research, sticks to the facts, and doesn't have a southern drawl; or (2) use a show format that covers and follows a real R&D shop, or a different shop each week or something like that.

Wouldn't it be cool if they went inside a different custom shop each week - so they go to Kimber one week, then Springfield the next, then Smoking Hole, Rock River, etc. Get the big boys and the little ones, but focus on the firearms and the tech, not the stupid inter-personal drama that seems to be so important to the producers.

But I guess that's the reality TV formula - take the cheapest, most controversial thing you can muster, and then artifically inflate/emphasize/and enhance that for a great episode - one that focuses on the thing that all people relate to - the soap opera of our every-day lives, right?

Oh come on... Tell us how you relly feel.Just messin with ya. I agree 110% Someone should have Mr. "This is not a friendly" talk come here and LEARN how bad the public thinks of them. They could use an EDGEUMCATION...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M4SOPMOD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I completely agree. Unfortunately for those of us who are <span style="text-decoration: underline">not</span> *redneck hillbilly mexi-carry pistolero's* Discovery channel had to choose to represent us - this group of southern gentlemen that: (a) take credit for ideas that are NOT their own (i.e. the "MasterKey," and the "Box Gun"); (b) work way to hard trying to find the magic on-screen conflict that works like Sr. Vs. Jr. in Seasons 1 and 2; and (c) routinely attempt to talk about tactics, techniques, and/or technology which they clearly and disappointingly know absolutely nothing about, and seem not to care enough to find the fuck out.

The ultimate result is a "show" that tries way to hard and accomplishes little more than giving anyone unfamiliar with gunsmithing and gun enthusiasts a reason NOT to engage such a person in a legitimate, intelligent, and productive conversation.

I will give the guys this - they are really, really good at one thing - the AK work they do is second to none. They really are God's gift to the AK Platform. They have a good handle on the Saiga AK Shotgun schema, as well as the various flavors of AK-is-what-you-want.

But - how do you fill 22 minutes of entertainment, week in and week out, by doing something that's pretty boring? The answer is to add in the stupid pill. Just take two of 'em about 30 minutes before taping begins, and we're good to go. ;-)

Seriously though, I am at a loss as to this one. On one hand, I am elated that our beloved and oft-berated sport has been funded and accepted into the mainstream media - and it's not representing us all as cold-blooded killers or irresponsible morons with live ammo. On the other hand, I really wish that Discovery Channel would either: (1) hire a narrator that does his research, sticks to the facts, and doesn't have a southern drawl; or (2) use a show format that covers and follows a real R&D shop, or a different shop each week or something like that.

Wouldn't it be cool if they went inside a different custom shop each week - so they go to Kimber one week, then Springfield the next, then Smoking Hole, Rock River, etc. Get the big boys and the little ones, but focus on the firearms and the tech, not the stupid inter-personal drama that seems to be so important to the producers.

But I guess that's the reality TV formula - take the cheapest, most controversial thing you can muster, and then artifically inflate/emphasize/and enhance that for a great episode - one that focuses on the thing that all people relate to - the soap opera of our every-day lives, right?
</div></div>
i have given this a lot of thought and have come to the conclusion that jered joplin of APA should have got the nod for this show...

he is a young guy, who made a hard impact for building insane precision rifles at a earlier age than most...he has a active lifestyle...he knows what the hell he is talking about....and he builds stuf i could totally see the actual military using..

he could probably appeal to a very large audience for these reasons also....which are totally different reasons than people watch redjacket

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: athhud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wouldn't a suppressed grenade launcher be an arm?</div></div>

Minus the distance, unless you are an MLB pitcher, or a QB

i called red jacket to see if i could get one of those 1000 yrd ak, they said we dont do exactly what the show represents, they a gun manufacture and that item is not in production, i told them i have 4 ak's and me and buddy would jump in truck and drive from Daytona to get them modded if we could get a price,(friend got it like that, wish i did) the lady on the phone(not the lady you see on tv) said that red jacket does not do that???? so i dont whatch the show anymore.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i called red jacket to see if i could get one of those 1000 yrd ak, they said we dont do exactly what the show represents, they a gun manufacture and that item is not in production, i told them i have 4 ak's and me and buddy would jump in truck and drive from Daytona to get them modded if we could get a price,(friend got it like that, wish i did) the lady on the phone(not the lady you see on tv) said that red jacket does not do that???? so i dont whatch the show anymore. </div></div>

Send that AK to me, I've got a Dremel and will have you shooting 1000yrds in no time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: High Binder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i called red jacket to see if i could get one of those 1000 yrd ak, they said we dont do exactly what the show represents, they a gun manufacture and that item is not in production, i told them i have 4 ak's and me and buddy would jump in truck and drive from Daytona to get them modded if we could get a price,(friend got it like that, wish i did) the lady on the phone(not the lady you see on tv) said that red jacket does not do that???? so i dont whatch the show anymore. </div></div>

Send that AK to me, I've got a Dremel and will have you shooting 1000yrds in no time. </div></div>

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I just watched the show for the first time this season.... I was really impressed with the taser shotgun. I'm pretty sure I could have built that mount on a deserted island with nothing but a lunch box.

Seriously,

Red Jackoff is so full of it. This show should be billed as comedy/fiction and have a disclaimer at the egining of th show.

One of the top AK builders out there is Steve at Bravo18. He does some great mods and rarely uses a Dremel tool.

You can google them and ask to talk with Steve, he's a no BS guy.

After the master key, and then the taser on the shotgun, what could they possibly think of next?

Probably attaching a knife to the end of a rifle as a last line of defense and calling it a bayonet because our boys in Afghanistan had a need for it that the military cant fill.

Now you all know how the Bikers felt when O.C.C. was all the rage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cowboy1978,

Did you ask them what the Hell they did do?

</div></div>

yes they said and i quote "we are a gun manufacture, just like colt or Smith and Wession" i don't know what that means, totally through me off. to be honest im a 1st impression guy, i wouldnt piss on a rjf gun if it was on fire with some one elses dittly-doo

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now you all know how the Bikers felt when O.C.C. was all the rage. </div></div>

I use to be a bike builder (cant do it no for medical reasons) built a few O.C.C. is a bike assembler but i have been to Paul Jr place and actually talked to Vinnie and Joe about it all, from what i seen their the real thing

last bike i built, about 6 months ago actually got it for sale on craig's list in Daytona
IMG_0520.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KHOOKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cowboy1978,

Did you ask them what the Hell they did do?

</div></div>

LMFAO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sons of Guns, WWF, etc. </div></div>

Thats what I was thinking!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedCreek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seriously,

Red Jackoff is so full of it. This show should be billed as comedy/fiction and have a disclaimer at the egining of th show.

One of the top AK builders out there is Steve at Bravo18. He does some great mods and rarely uses a Dremel tool.

You can google them and ask to talk with Steve, he's a no BS guy.

</div></div>
What is so wrong with the dremel to an AK after all even if you cut off more than you wanted the AK was built in the same "toss the gun together and hope it works" So to me it makes sense that such guys as on this show would be so into the AK type rifle because if they tried to headspace a barret the same way they built there AK and one of the members would lose thier head for sure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 66and0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.dump.com/2011/08/25/nice-try-...rt-eagle-video/ </div></div>

This is exactly what's wrong with the show. They are so full of shit they actually belive in what they are doing. Shooting a 9mm and calling it a 50 cal is just lying. Shooting a .75 inch group at 10 yds and calling it sub moa is just lying. There really isn't much truth on that show. Its as non-fiction as Harry Potter.

Someone please 'splain to me how- on tonight's episode, the junkyard guy was able to "take home"- as in, "his", for his fifteen grand, that 12 ga. ELECTRICALLY FIRED gatling gun ???

I'm no expert in NFA regulations, but isn't this clearly and NFA weapon, and certainly not made before '86- so shouldn't BATF be knocking on that dude's door???

IF that's so, there's absolutely no consumer value to the project. So why did Will blow all that dough...wait- I know! Our boys in Afghanistan can use it alongside their new 1000 yard AK's...

I think that three receivers and a motor timed to run that set-up should have one form 3 on the motor and 3 4473s on the 3 rifles. The motor should fall under NFA, due to it making the weapons fire in rapid form. I don't know if the motor has to be registered because of it's cyclic rate. It looked stupid; even on a mount they seemed to have control issues. The GE Mini gun has a registered motor. and is much more easier to control.

I noticed when the purchaser shot the van and it exploded, the muzzles were facing towards the right and upward, the weapon was still firing while the guy admired the explosion.

I like their saying, "If you can dream it, we can build it". I had a dream of one of them, having his head up the owners ass. I wonder if they can build that one?

So bolting three stupid ass shot-guns together somehow makes for a 'cool' Gatling gun?

The van blew up while the dickhead was still shooting the dirt halfway to the van, for those with DVR check it out.

I hate this show soooo much and the arrogant fuck-face father guy really chaps my hide with his 'we Dremel and glue shit together like the OCC guys but we're badass' & don't try to Dremel anything at home 'cus this is 'dangerous' BS.

I sorta think this whole show is fake and only exists for the sake of the show.

I was shocked when they took to that Kreiger barrel and Will got all fired up about Vince wanting to use a chamber depth gauge...

He basically said if the dial calipers in your hand dont do it, your over complicating things.... Then he cracked the shits big time.

still want my 1000 yr Ak that the don't build because their a "GUN MANUFACTURE NOT A CUSTOM SHOP LIKE SEEN ON TV" i couldn't believe i was told that so sent email was replied to by Ben???who stated,"we did not go into manufacture of this weapon", that's all i replayed, I asked how much would it be to get one modded if i bought a RJF Ak, never got a reply.

so i dont watch the show and i like to tell every one the story when i hear they want to order a RJF weapon

sick.gif

I feel like all the people on the show that do know what the hell they are doing are belittled by the hillbilly asshat Will. I absolutely loved it last night when the 12 gauge gatling blew up in his face. I couldn't work for that dude any way, but I totally would have walked out and told him "I told you so, you dumb f#ck"

He totally wasted all of the time and materials that went into that project. Hey just a little piece of advise, stick to the dremel tools and leave the CNC machines to the people who know what they are doing.

What happens when they don't properly seat the mags in the gatlin gun. Somebody's getting hit in the face.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savage 10fp</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel like all the people on the show that do know what the hell they are doing are belittled by the hillbilly asshat Will. I absolutely loved it last night when the 12 gauge gatling blew up in his face. I couldn't work for that dude any way, but I totally would have walked out and told him "I told you so, you dumb f#ck"

He totally wasted all of the time and materials that went into that project. Hey just a little piece of advise, stick to the dremel tools and leave the CNC machines to the people who know what they are doing. </div></div>

no discovery waist of money not his, no one troughs away 25g's and boast about it on tv, UN-less hes making it up for TV, that don't never happen. Discovery really scraping the bottom of the barrel with that show

So....
No way it could be legal for a civvie to own/possess that "gun" (with the motor, of course) right?

I assume that if the motor was registered, he still couldn't own it , right? Sorta like owning a DIAS (as in an illegal, non-transferable one), and an AR-15...

I'm curious not so much from the show's standpoint (it's stupid shit anyway), I'm trying to make sure I understand how that concoction would relate to NFA regulations...