• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Spare Scope Case...?

Matt3357

Private
Minuteman
Jul 4, 2011
St. Louis Metro East
I have an issue that I haven't found the perfect solution to. I have a RRA AR15 heavy barrel that I use to target shoot and hunt with on occasion. For target shooting I use a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 scope and for hunting I use a Leupold Mark AR 3-9x44. I really like both scopes and both serve a purpose that the other doesn't. The issue comes when I want to take both scopes with me to the range or where ever. I don't have a good way to carry it without the worry of scratches and bumps.

Is there a good zippered soft case for scopes?

If there isn't such a thing, what hard case would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.
Matt

Re: Spare Scope Case...?

You could check out something like the XP-6 from Scopecoat, it has thick padding and comes in different sizes to accomodate a lot of different scopes. What I usually did to protect spare optics was to just use a scope and crown cover like the ones from Triad Tactical, Tactical Tailor, or Eagle. I put the padded scope cover over the scope just like it was on a rifle and used the muzzle cover to pad the bottom of it. Cinch the straps tight and rock on.

You mean like these...

http://www.laruetactical.com/scope-bags

or

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/R-14-RAZORSHELL-13p438.htm

As for a hard case...I'd skip that route as most hard cases will be fairly bulky and weight more than your average soft case...not to mention they'll cost a fair bit more as well and I don't think you'll likely need that level of protection for your basic transport to/from the range, etc.
wink.gif

Good luck!

ORD,

I had seen the Larue Tac. bags but didn't care for the price. Those Maxpedition bags look perfect. Thanks for the quick reply.

Matt

I think I am going to end up using a camera tripod bag. My Vortex scope is 19 inches long with the sun shade so finding a case for it was proving difficult. The padded tripod case should give me plenty of protection with a shoulder strap and for about $30.

thanks,
Matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matt3357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I am going to end up using a camera tripod bag. My Vortex scope is 19 inches long with the sun shade so finding a case for it was proving difficult. The padded tripod case should give me plenty of protection with a shoulder strap and for about $30.

thanks,
Matt </div></div>

Maxpedition has a longer, 19" Razorshell as seen here just in case you are still up in the air on your selection:

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/R-19-RAZORSHELL-25p102.htm

I saw that, but don't think it will be quite long enough for a 19" scope. I don't think it will zip up. Thanks for the look.

Matt

I have the Larue bag in large...awesome and definitely worth the money. If your spending 100s-1000s on a scope.