• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Sporterized VZ 24 stock question

silverarrow

Private
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2010
New Cumberland PA
Hi Guys Newbie question
I have a sporterized VZ 24 that someone put a bell and carlson synthetic stock on. The stock has not been bedded but the barrel is floating. My question is should the stock flex enough that the barrel is no longer floated. If it shouldn't should I send it off to get it properly bedded or does the stock just suck and I need to redo the whole thing. Don't know if it matters but its a 30-06 with BRNO stamped on the receiver, and the barrel has a k inside a c stamped on it. Sorry for the long post but figured I would try and give the most details I can. Thanks for any help.

Re: Sporterized VZ 24 stock question

Is the stock laminated fiber glass or injection molded?

If it is a cheap injection molded, you are better off with with a $5 original military VZ24 take off, with the recoil lug replaced with epoxy.

If it is an expensive laminated fiber glass stock, it should not flex much if properly bedded.

In general, rifles do not shoot a lot better after glass bedding or pillar bedding, but everyone does it anyway.

Rifles do shoot a lot better after injection molded stocks are replaced with something else.

Re: Sporterized VZ 24 stock question

Fair enough based off other guns I have seen and what I know about injection molded plastic I can almost guarantee it is just regular plastic. Thanks for the advice