• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Starting a .338 lapua build next month

M_Ingalls

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2012
Denver, CO
www.facebook.com
I am new here and wanted some thoughts on a build I am doing. I finished gunsmithing school back in August and I want to build a .338 Lapua. The purpose for this rifle will be for bench rest shooting, but at the same time I don't want it to weigh a ton.

I had seen in a previous post when i googled .338 Lapua that Stiller actions were decent? Does anyone have any experience with them and do they only come in single shot? I want a mag box. Does anyone have any other suggestions for other receivers?

2nd part what are your thoughts on barrels? Yes I am going to want to flute it since I will be showing it off in hopes of future builds.

Re: Starting a .338 lapua build next month

Welcome to the Sniper's Hide. You should post your questions in the gunsmithing or bolt action forums. Not the Semi Auto forum. Good Luck with your build.