• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stock Market

Why the decline in stock price ?
Not sure. Could be many factors.

Chemicals come predominately 3 places "simplified". Oil, NG or mined from the ground. There has been major shortages/allocations the last 18 months. Lot's of feedstocks are in short supply. I know many companies are down in volume as a result. You can't sell what you don't have. Also when energy prices get to a certain point, some producers will stop making certain products and focus efforts elsewhere where they can make money.

Speaking specifically from my industry, there are products that Dow "markets" but they do not actually manufacture. They have toll agreements. I know one of the refineries that makes these products was having production issues (again supply related) so volume is probably down.

Hard to say, like I said they are a monster in the industry and everyone follows what they do.

Maybe now we are at peak inflation :ROFLMAO:
Wishful thinking.... Wonder what different forces Jerome is talking about ?.... Q Anon, Putin, Sun Tzu, Deepak Chopra,

"The economy is being driven by very different forces. What we don't know is whether we'll be going back to something that looks like, or a little bit like, what we had before," Powell told a panel that included European Central Bank President Christine Lagarde and Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey.

I’m long term bullish. Russia has fucked its economy long term, Europe’s medium term, and US medium-short term. Not wanting a political argument about climate change, Ukraine is a game changer that will accelerate R/D and the shift to low carbon energy production and use. See if congress can do one useful thing and pass the chips act and we can start to regain initiative in science and engineering instead of ceding everything to China

Reactions: S3th
I’m long term bullish. Russia has fucked its economy long term, Europe’s medium term, and US medium-short term. Not wanting a political argument about climate change, Ukraine is a game changer that will accelerate R/D and the shift to low carbon energy production and use. See if congress can do one useful thing and pass the chips act and we can start to regain initiative in science and engineering instead of ceding everything to China

I'd feel better about giving tens of billions to the semiconductor manufacturers if they had to promise either to not do a stock buyback in the next n years, or pay back the feds before doing a buyback.

Intel spent $100 billion in the past decade buying back its own stock in a (failed) attempt to prop up the share price. Now you wanna ask the feds for money to invest in stuff you should have been investing in all along? Well, your behavior needs to change for that to happen.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Interesting perspective. I'm not sure I will live long enough to witness "long term".
Russia is 6 times as old as America (+/-) and as a culture they have made many mistakes and learned many hard lessons. I doubt America could show the resilience that the Slavs have. The American culture is now soft and showing no signs of toughening up.
"Career Politician's" now control America. In order to accelerate R/D the government rules and regulations would have to be abolished. Low Carbon energy is not going to pull America out of the hole that has been dug. Our enemies are boosting nuke, coal, oil and gas production as we speak. They are using US oil to build their machines. Low Carbon will not manufacture chlorine, PVC or any of the current products derived from oil. Low Carbon will not produce fertilizer...... If you could get inside of the Intel flagship campus in Hillsboro, Oregon you would witness the number of Asians, Indians, Russians, Chinese, Vietnamese that are right there developing the R/D... I witnessed it.

The components to pull America up by the boot straps are sweat, blood, determination, perseverance, ingenuity, improvisation, adaptation and rewards other than financial. Show me 50 men or women (one from each state) that could develop and lead a team to pull this wagon.

Reactions: devildog93
I'd feel better about giving tens of billions to the semiconductor manufacturers if they had to promise either to not do a stock buyback in the next n years, or pay back the feds before doing a buyback.

Intel spent $100 billion in the past decade buying back its own stock in a (failed) attempt to prop up the share price. Now you wanna ask the feds for money to invest in stuff you should have been investing in all along? Well, your behavior needs to change for that to happen.
Intel is nurturing "the Goose that Lays the Golden Eggs"..... They plan on using American dollars
I'm sure they did not get the golden handshake in China.

Chemicals come predominately 3 places "simplified". Oil, NG or mined from the ground. There has been major shortages/allocations the last 18 months. Lot's of feedstocks are in short supply. I know many companies are down in volume as a result. You can't sell what you don't have. Also when energy prices get to a certain point, some producers will stop making certain products and focus efforts elsewhere where they can make money.

Speaking specifically from my industry, there are products that Dow "markets" but they do not actually manufacture. They have toll agreements. I know one of the refineries that makes these products was having production issues (again supply related) so volume is probably down.

Hard to say, like I said they are a monster in the industry and everyone follows what they do.
I'm diving in... DOW seems ridiculously cheap and while I don't tend to buy "value" stocks, this is one I am looking at.

Reactions: E. Bryant
I'm diving in... DOW seems ridiculously cheap and while I don't tend to buy "value" stocks, this is one I am looking at.
I agree 100%.......... But, that little voice in the back of my head is saying "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
No mention from Cathy Wood, Warren Buffet... Not even Cramer at CNBC.
Even the insiders are quiet... Most are gathering shares by different means.

I agree 100%.......... But, that little voice in the back of my head is saying "If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

I don't think that DOW is the sort of business that Ark would invest in.

Buffet's likely still waiting for his "blood in the streets" moment.

As low as DOW's PE ratio is, GM is lower, and Ford's is substantially lower yet. Neither one of the latter two companies want to make me jump in, so applying that same logic to DOW makes me feel cold. I don't know that this is the proper logic, though.

I’m still short oil. Will cover my remaining short at $100.

$75 per barrel by Christmas.

All bullish analysts are wrong, and/or lying.

We "out lived" one more..... $$$ will not buy you one more day on this Earth.

Undisclosed? The only reason so many of the recent illnesses are “undisclosed” is because they are vacc related. A few years ago no one cared what the illness was.

Oil will end up cheaper via demand destruction. I just don't know when, or what the price curve looks like between now and whatever. Props for making this bet - it demonstrates both brains and balls.

Oil will end up cheaper via demand destruction. I just don't know when, or what the price curve looks like between now and whatever. Props for making this bet - it demonstrates both brains and balls.
All the analysts are wrong and lying to prop up the fall from grace. Same movie as 2008.

When the wealthiest country on earth drops demand on driving, no amount of poors in other countries can make up for it.

Not only are Americans not driving, but they aren’t buying all the shit that petroleum is used in.

All other countries are poors and not relevant.

I let your comment sink in while I went out and mowed grass for a while... I can see your points.
What I am seeing is consumers using less gasoline. Many will not make that 100 mile drive to Walmart / Costco but will buy locally. In the metro areas they will ride mass transit. When possible a few more will work from home. They will take the money they save on gasoline and spend it 1) locally, 2) on line / free delivery or 3) go ride the 4 wheeler / snow machine.

The mental game is to allow their purchases to be brought to them. What this does is shift the fuel consumption to freight haulers, USPS, UPS, FedEx, Grocery trucks, soft drink trucks.... Trains run on diesel and container ships run on heavy distillate. Chemical plants convert oil to consumer products.

Many people still use "Heating Oil" which is basically diesel.

By Christmas the price of oil will remain $100 +..... Less gasoline will be used and more diesel will be used. We may see the spread of gasoline cost to diesel cost extend farther than it is now.

Again = I hope I am wrong.

10YT is down ~20bps

correction... I misread the article and just signed into Bloomberg to double check

Last edited:
  • Haha
10YT is down ~20bps

correction... I misread the article and just signed into Bloomberg to double check

It should be interesting to see how the bond market reacts to a technical recession occurring simultaneously with continued inflation. That's going to break some minds.

Europe and especially Germany needs new sources to make up the lost natural gas imports from Russia. They are ramping infrastructure to receive gas from LNG container ships. Tellurian (TELL) is worth keeping an eye on. They are negotiating multibillion dollar financing to build out an LNG terminal in LA to export their product. If they get it set up they will have annual free cash flow greater than the current market cap. What’s the catch? It’s a red flag to me that they keep having delays with the financing and interest rates are rising. Germany is already writing long term contracts with suppliers. They have already diluted stock to pay for the initial build out. So it’s a lottery ticket.

Europe and especially Germany needs new sources to make up the lost natural gas imports from Russia. They are ramping infrastructure to receive gas from LNG container ships. Tellurian (TELL) is worth keeping an eye on. They are negotiating multibillion dollar financing to build out an LNG terminal in LA to export their product. If they get it set up they will have annual free cash flow greater than the current market cap. What’s the catch? It’s a red flag to me that they keep having delays with the financing and interest rates are rising. Germany is already writing long term contracts with suppliers. They have already diluted stock to pay for the initial build out. So it’s a lottery ticket.
Deja Vu...
Some of my worst investment oil and gas memories come to mind in reading about Tellurian.... Both had the same promotional lines. One was Callon Petroleum and the other was Halcon Resources. Both were Gulf Coast companies like this one. The Oil Patch is a different world and having been there all of these new operations popping up remind me of events in the 1980's. There are 100's of small players in a world of giants that have weathered many similar boom and bust situations.
For those with some "play money" it will be a learning experience. For those with only their grocery money it will be a disaster. Beware.

America is falling behind the curve on engineering... The renewable resources won't power the machine to get us back to #1.

1656795307337.png

$TSLA catalysts 5/25
1/ Shanghai full reopen June
2/ Stock split announce June
3/ TWTR deal closes Aug
4/ TSLA AGM / AI Day 2 Aug
5/ S&P upgrades debt Aug
6/ New gigas (UK, East US) 4Q
7/ FSD beta release 4Q
8/ Cytruck launch FY’23
9/ M-$25K/Robotaxi FY’24
$1,500 PT 6-12 mo

new $TWTR 13D, eliminating the remaining $6.25B margin loan, and increasing his equity commitment by the same $6.25B. This increases odds the deal gets done (TWTR +6% AH), and reduces TSLA overhang risk since declining TSLA doesn’t require Elon to sell more $TSLA.
The electric automaker reported that completed sales dropped nearly 18%, to about 255,000 vehicles in the second quarter compared to the first three months of the year. Production fell 15% to 259,000.

The electric automaker reported that completed sales dropped nearly 18%, to about 255,000 vehicles in the second quarter compared to the first three months of the year. Production fell 15% to 259,000.
Up ~27% YoY with a June run rate approaching 2M/year.

Just a guess here, but home Depot may be a good short right now. Even with it's more than 30% this year, I see another %30 possible.
With pandemic spending ending into the recession and the mortgages/home flipping coming to a standstill.. it's got nowhere to go but down.

Just a guess here, but home Depot may be a good short right now. Even with it's more than 30% this year, I see another %30 possible.
With pandemic spending ending into the recession and the mortgages/home flipping coming to a standstill.. it's got nowhere to go but down.

I thought that in the past but HD has more resilience than it shows.
10 year chart
big.chart

The smart move would be to merge Lowes and Home Depot and ride out the storm.... JMHO

The interesting thing about the market right now is most individual stocks have dropped anywhere from 25% to 80%. These are multi-billion dollar companies, and not penny stocks.

The indexes have held strong. I’ve covered most of my short positions. There is probably more meat on the bone to short some companies, but most of them are close to March 2020 lows or lower. It seems it would be very easy for the market to swing to the upside. I mean, the only part of the market that hasn’t crashed is the indexes.

I’m still short oil and some fake middle class luxury names.

Reactions: Earnhardt
The interesting thing about the market right now is most individual stocks have dropped anywhere from 25% to 80%. These are multi-billion dollar companies, and not penny stocks.

The indexes have held strong. I’ve covered most of my short positions. There is probably more meat on the bone to short some companies, but most of them are close to March 2020 lows or lower. It seems it would be very easy for the market to swing to the upside. I mean, the only part of the market that hasn’t crashed is the indexes.

I’m still short oil and some fake middle class luxury names.
I see the indexes as a lagging indicator. I am skeptical of the "Government Measurement" numbers. Every day the worst performers in the NASDAQ and the DOW 30 are somehow being bought up near the closing bell. Could be an investment strategy, day trader move, foreign money or any number of things. The result is the index is propped up as some of the high fliers take a hit. Those that attempt to time the crash will find "no shares available to short" if they hesitate.
Some general examples of lagging indicators include the unemployment rate, corporate profits, and labor cost per unit of output. Interest rates can also be good lagging indicators since rates change as a reaction to severe movements in the market. Other lagging indicators are economic measurements, such as gross domestic product (GDP), the consumer price index (CPI), and the balance of trade (BOT).

$TSLA delivered 157.9K units in June, equal to a run rate of 1.89M units per year (473.6K per quarter). July will be less due to the 14-day GF3 upgrade. This should lead analysts to increase FY’23 vol and EPS ests with Berlin & Austin still ramping.

The only advantage I see is being able to unload a looser before the next step down.
I'm not seeing any changes politically, inflation, supply chain, climate / weather, virus to warrant any changes. A dribble of propaganda saying this is the bottom and things are improving. Perhaps there is a plateau developing due to the sheeple accepting conditions as the new normal.

big.chart
I see a trend…….

New job is buying plastic resins.

I am Dustin Hoffman minus Anne Bancroft.

Seems like plastic resins are taking a shot and DOW makes plenty.

Europe has two more months to solve its energy problem.

I suggest they make some more Russian sanctions.

• Haha
Bill Ackman

"Over the past two weeks, rates have declined dramatically purportedly due to fears of a recession. Friday’s move was particularly stunning for the scale of the move and for the degree of intraday volatility. I put forth here a theory of what is going on: On the risk of a recession: a recession is defined as a two quarter decline in real, as opposed to nominal, GDP. In a highly inflationary economy, it is more difficult for nominal spending and growth to exceed inflation. In order therefore for today’s economy to grow on a realbasis, nominal GDP growth must be >8.6% which is a difficult hurdle to exceed. It has been 40 years since we have experienced inflation at current levels and as a result, market participants are used to a world with 4-5% nominal GDP growth and 2% inflation. With inflation at 2%, nominal GDP growth need only decline from 4-5% to less than 2-3% for two quarters in a row for real GDP to be negative and for the economy to be deemed to be in a recession. Two quarters of negative GDP growth does not however seem to be a reasonable definition during a period with high inflation, particularly when inflation has spiked to nearly 9%. Nominal spending growth of 8% for the last two quarters would technically put us in a recession but this does not make sense fundamentally. The economy is continuing to grow rapidly on a nominal basis. Consumers are spending substantially more this year than last. There are about two times as many job openings than people looking for work. The unemployment rate is at a 50-year low. Wages are rising substantially and it is hard to find workers. Q2 revenues and earnings growth should be strong for most businesses, with earnings misses and margin declines for some companies which have limited pricing power. Consumers have approximately $2.5T of excess savings. While there is a mix shift underway from goods to services, overall demand is extremely strong. We have a supply, not a demand problem. This does not seem like a set up for a true economic recession regardless of the favored definition. So why have rates declined so dramatically, particularly short rates when the @federalreserve has become increasingly strident about the need for aggressive tightening to bring inflation back down to 2%? The answer I believe is largely due to some misunderstanding about what a recession is, but more importantly technical factors that are driving volatility and the downward move in rates. Market participants speculating in the fixed income market, particularly hedge funds, often use enormous amounts of leverage because it is available and it allows one to make windfall profits if you get the trade right. The bet that rates would rise became one of the more crowded trades in history going into June 15. As speculators covered their shorts on the Fed news, rates began to decline causing substantial mark-to-market losses particularly for levered participants, who were forced or chose to cover. With more data points emerging indicative of a slowing economy, the recession narrative took hold causing a further decline in rates, contributing to more losses, and short covering going into the quarter end when exposures are required to be disclosed in investor reports and financial statements. Extremely limited liquidity going into the July 4th holiday compounded the move and the volatility and pain for levered market participants, as traders looked to, and in many cases, were forced to exit, or didn’t wish to hold open positions over the long weekend. So what happens from here? Powell has committed to do ‘whatever it takes’ to quell inflation even if doing so causes an increase in unemployment and a recession. Inflation is not coming down soon. Housing and rental costs, energy, ag and food are supply constrained and higher prices are unlikely to abate for the foreseeable future. Wages are continuing to rise as immigration has been limited, many have exited the workforce and the balance of power has gone from companies to their labor forces. Companies are raising prices because they must in order to cover their costs and because they can. The wage price spiral is underway. While demand is moderating due to sticker shock and inflation as well as rising rates, overall demand remains strong. Inflation has become imbedded and is a daily experience, in headline news, and a dinner table topic for all. I Savings bonds pay 9.62%! In order to stop the inflationary spiral, the Fed will need to rapidly raise rates to 4-5% by next year, which hopefully will be enough to snuff inflation. The mild and transitory inflation being priced by the market as of Friday is a fiction. Rates are going up a lot soon. The sooner the Fed quells inflation, the better for longer-term bonds and long-term financial assets like equities. Don’t be misled by short-term, technically driven market movements. Stocks of high quality businesses with long-term growth and pricing power look cheap. Don’t forget that the stock market measures nominal business value. Inflation is hurting business and consumer confidence and slowing growth.Killing off inflation will save the economy in the longer term at the expense of some short term pain. Let’s hope the Fed gets it right. I welcome your input and rebuttals. And yes, we put our money where our mouth is. I have often wondered why investors who share their views are often criticized for holding investments on which they will profit if the views they share turn out to be correct. We are 100%+ long high-quality growth businesses with pricing power, and own hedges on which we will profit if rates rise. Our positioning as always matches our thinking and stated views."

Bill Ackman

"Over the past two weeks, rates have declined dramatically purportedly due to fears of a recession. Friday’s move was particularly stunning for the scale of the move and for the degree of intraday volatility. I put forth here a theory of what is going on: On the risk of a recession: a recession is defined as a two quarter decline in real, as opposed to nominal, GDP. In a highly inflationary economy, it is more difficult for nominal spending and growth to exceed inflation. In order therefore for today’s economy to grow on a realbasis, nominal GDP growth must be >8.6% which is a difficult hurdle to exceed. It has been 40 years since we have experienced inflation at current levels and as a result, market participants are used to a world with 4-5% nominal GDP growth and 2% inflation. With inflation at 2%, nominal GDP growth need only decline from 4-5% to less than 2-3% for two quarters in a row for real GDP to be negative and for the economy to be deemed to be in a recession. Two quarters of negative GDP growth does not however seem to be a reasonable definition during a period with high inflation, particularly when inflation has spiked to nearly 9%. Nominal spending growth of 8% for the last two quarters would technically put us in a recession but this does not make sense fundamentally. The economy is continuing to grow rapidly on a nominal basis. Consumers are spending substantially more this year than last. There are about two times as many job openings than people looking for work. The unemployment rate is at a 50-year low. Wages are rising substantially and it is hard to find workers. Q2 revenues and earnings growth should be strong for most businesses, with earnings misses and margin declines for some companies which have limited pricing power. Consumers have approximately $2.5T of excess savings. While there is a mix shift underway from goods to services, overall demand is extremely strong. We have a supply, not a demand problem. This does not seem like a set up for a true economic recession regardless of the favored definition. So why have rates declined so dramatically, particularly short rates when the @federalreserve has become increasingly strident about the need for aggressive tightening to bring inflation back down to 2%? The answer I believe is largely due to some misunderstanding about what a recession is, but more importantly technical factors that are driving volatility and the downward move in rates. Market participants speculating in the fixed income market, particularly hedge funds, often use enormous amounts of leverage because it is available and it allows one to make windfall profits if you get the trade right. The bet that rates would rise became one of the more crowded trades in history going into June 15. As speculators covered their shorts on the Fed news, rates began to decline causing substantial mark-to-market losses particularly for levered participants, who were forced or chose to cover. With more data points emerging indicative of a slowing economy, the recession narrative took hold causing a further decline in rates, contributing to more losses, and short covering going into the quarter end when exposures are required to be disclosed in investor reports and financial statements. Extremely limited liquidity going into the July 4th holiday compounded the move and the volatility and pain for levered market participants, as traders looked to, and in many cases, were forced to exit, or didn’t wish to hold open positions over the long weekend. So what happens from here? Powell has committed to do ‘whatever it takes’ to quell inflation even if doing so causes an increase in unemployment and a recession. Inflation is not coming down soon. Housing and rental costs, energy, ag and food are supply constrained and higher prices are unlikely to abate for the foreseeable future. Wages are continuing to rise as immigration has been limited, many have exited the workforce and the balance of power has gone from companies to their labor forces. Companies are raising prices because they must in order to cover their costs and because they can. The wage price spiral is underway. While demand is moderating due to sticker shock and inflation as well as rising rates, overall demand remains strong. Inflation has become imbedded and is a daily experience, in headline news, and a dinner table topic for all. I Savings bonds pay 9.62%! In order to stop the inflationary spiral, the Fed will need to rapidly raise rates to 4-5% by next year, which hopefully will be enough to snuff inflation. The mild and transitory inflation being priced by the market as of Friday is a fiction. Rates are going up a lot soon. The sooner the Fed quells inflation, the better for longer-term bonds and long-term financial assets like equities. Don’t be misled by short-term, technically driven market movements. Stocks of high quality businesses with long-term growth and pricing power look cheap. Don’t forget that the stock market measures nominal business value. Inflation is hurting business and consumer confidence and slowing growth.Killing off inflation will save the economy in the longer term at the expense of some short term pain. Let’s hope the Fed gets it right. I welcome your input and rebuttals. And yes, we put our money where our mouth is. I have often wondered why investors who share their views are often criticized for holding investments on which they will profit if the views they share turn out to be correct. We are 100%+ long high-quality growth businesses with pricing power, and own hedges on which we will profit if rates rise. Our positioning as always matches our thinking and stated views."
Thank you for sharing.
The first "Red Flag" = Let’s hope the Fed gets it right.
Bill Ackman has built a nice personal portfolio, yet for now he is playing with other people's money.
When the world economy tanks, he will refer back to these thoughts and reply "I told you so". Read between the lines.
In the legal world there is a term "Guilt by omission"... Bill focused 100% on US Markets. America is joined at the hip with Markets of the World.
The second "Red Flag" = The answer I believe is largely due to some misunderstanding about what a recession is.. Bill does not pump his own gas or stand in line at the local grocery store. He is out of touch with main stream America.
Bill is all over the Political Map. Read his comments on Trump, Biden and Rittenhouse.
Politics can and will skew each of his visions of the near future in the financial world.

Reads like a prospectus from a man who can loose 50% and never notice any changes in his personal world.

Side note: I would love to be a "fly on the wall" and listen to the conversations he has with his wife, Neri Oxman.

$TSLA delivered 157.9K units in June, equal to a run rate of 1.89M units per year (473.6K per quarter). July will be less due to the 14-day GF3 upgrade. This should lead analysts to increase FY’23 vol and EPS ests with Berlin & Austin still ramping.

It was just announced that GF4 (Berlin) will also be down for two weeks.

I believe that investors priced in the loss of production in Q2. What I'm not so clear on is if they've accurately priced in whatever financials will be reported for Q2 in less than three weeks. That should make for some good entertainment.

It was just announced that GF4 (Berlin) will also be down for two weeks.

I believe that investors priced in the loss of production in Q2. What I'm not so clear on is if they've accurately priced in whatever financials will be reported for Q2 in less than three weeks. That should make for some good entertainment.
There is a lot of activity taking place in Q2 from loss in production to BTC impairment. At the end, the writing is still on the wall... GF3 & GF4 going down to expand production. I wouldn't mind another dip into the low $600s to add some more.

Look at their LinkedIn stuff. Amazingly "woke" - they should be focused on efficient operations but somehow are caught up in the corporate "woke" movement

• Sad
This is the only group/advisors I ever listen to and heed....rarely find them to be FOS or driven by market pressures to manipulate investors. They are rarely wrong.

Do look forward. Nobody knows exactly when the downdraft will end. Inflection points are impossible to identify until well after the fact. However, it will end. Historically, bull markets have always followed bear markets, the recoveries are usually strong, and stocks typically continue on to even higher highs than before the bear market. The key is to participate in the upswings when they come. Reacting to past downside risks locking in the decline—which then necessitates timing a reentry very well. That is tough to do, considering buying when markets are lower requires a) them to fall further and b) you to have the gumption to buy when things look even worse than now. Market recoveries are typically very strong and start when very, very few expect them to. Try to look to that now.

I'm in it long term. It will recover....when and where is the only question along with how much worse will it get. I'm sitting tihgt and saving up to buy when it starts to move forward again. Got a neat $100K to dump into Mutual Funds when it looks like it's bottomed.

VooDoo

Reactions: S3th
This is the only group/advisors I ever listen to and heed....rarely find them to be FOS or driven by market pressures to manipulate investors. They are rarely wrong.

I'm in it long term. It will recover....when and where is the only question along with how much worse will it get. I'm sitting tihgt and saving up to buy when it starts to move forward again. Got a neat $100K to dump into Mutual Funds when it looks like it's bottomed.

VooDoo
Worldwide, financial markets are in uncharted waters..... Since no one has a clue as to the future of the financial markets, the majority of experts are now "looking over the stern" and the word historically is being used more and more.... When someone can put together a forward looking statement with some hard facts, I will be all ears. Hope is not a plan.

These markets will squeeze out the small players with less than $1 million of disposable income. Those that remain in the markets must withstand a 50% loss without it having an effect on their day to day lifestyle.
JMHO

LOL... markets are like a covey of quail this morning.... Up, down, all around.
Europe is down over 2.5%, oil patch is crazy. Would a crude buyer rather buy Russian oil at $100 / barrel or WTI at $110 / barrel ?
Quite a circus.