• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Straping Rifle to a Rest

tikka6.5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
Looking to do some shooting off of a rest like the Hyskore Dangerous Game Rifle Shooting Rest where you use a hydraulic device to pull the trigger and the rest absorbs the recoil. I already have a fairly solid shooing rest that holds the front and rear of the rifle. It is a solid rest but is not like the Dangerous Game Rest that has shock absorbers to take up the recoil.

Is there any reason not to strap down a rifle to a regular shooting rest and then fire it using the hydraulic trigger puller? I would think there might be a problem as either the rifle will move in the rest or the rest will get rocked around a lot but not sure.

I would like to try this as I have a trend of 4 shots very tight and one flier. Would like to know if its me or my reloads. It would be nice for load development and sighting in.