• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Suggest me a knife

Re: Suggest me a knife

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nuttshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone has mention awesome knives but you should also look at CRKT. I have used many over the year as work knives and they tend to be quit tuff. They are also normally reasonable priced.

I brought a couple of them here to Africa with me and they even hold up to the use of the locals. Some of you may understand how impressive that is if you have been here before!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Columbia River make great folders. A thick blade with a tanto point are best if you use your knife as a tool often. Those thin blade Kershaw razors are only good for fruit and cutting string. Pick up a diamond tool sharpener to keep a edge on it.

Big knife? Look at zombietools.net

Nothing against bladeplay, but if Benchmade is what you want, http://www.cutleryshoppe.com is the place to go. Discount codes BM25 (25% off benchmade) and nutnfancy (free shipping) make their prices impossible to beat. They ship quickly. I haven't required any other service from them, so that's all I can say for customer service..... I saved $100 on the last two blades I bought. At that price, their customer service can tell me to piss up a rope and I'll be happy
laugh.gif

Buy an ESEE Izula, wrap the handle in paracord, and fall in love like every other Izula owner. Then go buy a seatbelt cutter/glassbreaker to carry as well. When you get too many moving parts, things start to break and get expensive.

I carry a Spyderco Military in my right hand pocket, and an Izula on my Left hip.

Izula... if you break it they'll give you a new one. period.

Used Emerson I've used and abused emersons for years and they just keep cutting away. The wave feature is awesome if you can only get to your knife with one hand. I carry a custom cqc11 or a super cqc7 both are great but i have owned commanders, horseman, and mini horseman all were great knives. And emerson customer service has always been top notch with me.

Check out the SOG Gov Tac. I've had one for two years and it rocks. Its held up great after 2+ years of field work in the Army. I know the website says 180 but you can find it on Amazon for around 120. "And yes Mr. Wayne it does come in black"
SOG Knives