• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SW AMMO UPDATE THREAD

Today I got an avg. of 2728fps, 46.65es, 18.83sd over 23 rds with my beta. I back checked after a perfect hit at 700yds when shooter gave a mv at 2834. I used that mv perfectly back down at 600-200. so, 2834fps out a 26" Rock 1 in 8 twist M24. Even though the ES and SD are a little high for me the ammo performed well and I will buy more. DA was 6000ft, 100 deg F, 40% hum. Hope this helps you out.

Thanks for the feedback

Your setup is very similar to the rifle I've got on order. Hope I similar positive results. I'll have to get some more 260 on order.

We are going to speed those 142's up another 50 fps.

Range report I got this weekend with the 136 Scenars-L's: 2840fps out of a 25" Kreiger barrel, Surgeon action. The group can be covered by a nickel.

We changed out our 3 year old powder dispencer for 260, I hope to get that sd down to 15fps and under.

A lot of 260 is made, just dropped the price of the 260/142's.

3 weeks ago we were able to get our shipping prices down, looks like a savings AVERAGE of $6 cheaper per order.

Thanks for the support, look forward to meeting a lot of you at matches this year. We will be attending the Oregon Sniper Challenge, OTS, Vegas, Hopefully Southern California. Not good enough for the finale this year, but maybe next year.

Gift certificates are up on the web store, ammo is shipping daily, We went from 900 orders to 450 orders in weeks, so the crew is doing an outstanding job. Customer service is doing a lot better as well. There will be monthly newsletters and a couple of sales newsletters. We will not bombard your email like some companies do.

Thanks again,

Zach

I need to give a shout out to Zach & the SW Ammo crew. This morning, I used the Live Chat feature to contact them about some .260 loaded ammo. Within 5 minutes, my questions were answered and I placed an order for a couple of boxes. This AFTERNOON, I received an email confirming the order had been processed AND shipped! This is outstanding service, and the system Zach has put in place when it comes to communication is working.
I can't speak for some folks who had order issues a few months back, but I can tell you that I am VERY pleased with the system they are using today to keep customers informed. Hopefully my rifle will like their load, and I'll be doing business again with Zach & SW Ammo.
Just my experience...

I'd also like to thank Zach and the whole crew at SWAmmo. I only started ordering from them in September of last year, when they ran a large group buy. That order took a while, but the fodder was good and I ordered more right after Thanksgiving. Well, we all know that the SHTF shortly thereafter and like everywhere else, SWAmmo had their difficulties meeting demand. Added to that, they were very busy and were not prepared to handle the increased communications needed when things are tough and everybody "needs" it now. I got through by ordering something just about every month.

Well, I've seen the turn around and must say that they have redeemed themselves and then some IMO. Sure there were some people who had bad experiences and I can sympathize with them, but SWAmmo came through this a better company and it shows. OK, enough of my drivel. Carry on with your regularly scheduled shooting.

P.S. In contrast, I still have open orders for factory ammunition, placed in March with a couple other well known companies in the industry, with no indication in sight as to when those orders will be filled.

Last edited:
Anyone one have chrono results or a range report of their SSA headstamp 142gr SMK 260 rounds?

I've got 300 rounds but the rifle is still a couple months out.

I'm getting 2760 or so out of two Bartlein 26" contour 5 barrels. .5 MOA or better (GAP Hospitaler with defiance action and Chad Dixon custom with Scimitar action)

I agree 100% here.I normally load my own, they reloaded 500+ rounds for me while I was in a heavy international travel cycle, I still have a few hundred left from that order of 308 and have since switched my habit over to Lapua brass, will keep the reloaded 308 for zombie ataack times. I am however stocking up on 260 rem,which is a new caliber to me, as soon as my rifle gets here from the LRI group buy I will use the SWAMMO to break in and evaluate the build on this rifle, that's how much confidence I have in these guys.
The SSA brass is new to me also, hope its somewhere between Lapua and Norma in quality.

I'd also like to thank Zach and the whole crew at SWAmmo. I only started ordering from them in September of last year, when they ran a large group buy. That order took a while, but the fodder was good and I ordered more right after Thanksgiving. Well, we all know that the SHTF shortly thereafter and like everywhere else, SWAmmo had their difficulties meeting demand. Added to that, they were very busy and were not prepared to handle the increased communications needed when things are tough and everybody "needs" it now. I got through by ordering something just about every month.

Well, I've seen the turn around and must say that they have redeemed themselves and then some IMO. Sure there were some people who had bad experiences and I can sympathize with them, but SWAmmo came through this a better company and it shows. OK, enough of my drivel. Carry on with your regularly scheduled shooting.

P.S. In contrast, I still have open orders for factory ammunition, placed in March with a couple other well known companies in the industry, with no indication in sight as to when those orders will be filled.

Received my order yesterday. I ordered the week before. Happy to see that some supply issues are coming together!

Any idea on when some of the 168gr and 175gr Run'n'Gun .308 might come back?

Thank you in advance for taking time out to answer!

We have added some products to our 308 inventory.

There are a couple thousand added to each. The FC products with the 178amaxes, 168 amaxes, 175 SMK's, 155 Scenars will begain to ship Aug 20th. They are priced to go fast, only a couple thousand of each product.

308 Winchester

These will ship right after the pre order stuff is done, should have those wrapped up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks all

Zach

R

There are a couple thousand added to each. The FC products with the 178amaxes, 168 amaxes, 175 SMK's, 155 Scenars will begain to ship Aug 20th. They are priced to go fast, only a couple thousand of each product.

308 Winchester

These will ship right after the pre order stuff is done, should have those wrapped up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks all

Zach
You guys asking about the run-n-gun should try out the FC brass loads! Priced right and you'll like the results. Just my opinion.

The SW118 stuff works great in my LR-308.

R
You guys asking about the run-n-gun should try out the FC brass loads! Priced right and you'll like the results. Just my opinion.

The SW118 stuff works great in my LR-308.
We got the call about a crate of brass and some amax projectiles, and powder from a regular supplier. Thought it would be a great opportunity to get some decently priced 308 back on the market.

We really do appreciate everyone who has supported us over the years.

Zach

308 Winchester

Thanks all

Zach

Awesome! The SW118LR 175gr Match looks perfect.

I received my .260/142 SMK in SW headstamped brass yesterday. Nice lookin' stuff. I'm curious though that the headstamp appears to be "SSA" ie Sierra Sierra Alpha. I would have guessed it would be SWA. Anybody have a guess what SSA would stand for?

Silver State Armory?

Glad to see that some new orders are being filled. Looking forward to getting order # 5582 filled from 7th of MAY Transaction ID; 5221828591 Will be like finding for free since credit card was charged in May. Hope to get before end of year because I don't want to register to buy ammo in the great state of ca.

just received E mail, that was quick response. Will be ordering more of the .308 175 grain soon. Want to have supply of ammo before the end of year and see how the wind blows next year in ca. I think its going to be ruff on all shooters and hunters. I may move to Montana as I already do business their. Don't really want to leave the car culture of ca. as I enjoy the Shelby events as much as shooting, but I may be forced to.

Just ordered 4 boxes of 155 scenars. Always shot 175gr FGMM out of my GAP-10 and decided it was time to try something else. Have heard great things about the Scenars and SWA so why not.

BTW, is there any chance you would reload once fired Federal Gold Medal brass?

Zach,

How far are you guys from filling all of the SWA headstamped 175 match pre-order stuff?

I don't remember my order number (typing this from my phone), but it was listed a few pages back.

300 winmag is now an option for the reloading service.

$1 per round, that includes the return shipping. It is on the webstore, 220 Smk's are the only option at this time. Order the reloading service, send the brass, it will come back to you loaded.

zach

$1 per round, that includes the return shipping. It is on the webstore, 220 Smk's are the only option at this time. Order the reloading service, send the brass, it will come back to you loaded.

zach

That is the best news I've heard in... a while. I need to go create some once-fired brass to send you. Can't wait to test it in my AWM against the Swiss P 220 SMK factory loads. If it holds its own it will be an outstanding value!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Is this restricted to SWAMMO brass only or regular major mfg brass?

zach

When will .300 WM be available (loaded)?

And will you reload the PPU .300 WM brass that came with my group buy purchase?

all 300 winmag brass is good to send in.

we are doing this cause no 300 winmag brass seems to be on the horizon, we have a good amount of powder and projectiles, need to use it.

Zach

all 300 winmag brass is good to send in.

we are doing this cause no 300 winmag brass seems to be on the horizon, we have a good amount of powder and projectiles, need to use it.

Zach

Zach,

Do you see this as a short term solution for inventory management or a consistent service offering going forward?

Zach,

I noticed you state only SWA brass will be reloaded for 308, and wanted to clarify your post regarding 300 winmag. Would you reload non-SWA brass (BHA to be specific) for 308?

when will I get my order? Two weeks ago was told components were at your shop. I ordered in may because you advertised you had what I wanted in stock . one hundred and twelve days and counting.

when will I get my order? Two weeks ago was told components were at your shop. I ordered in may because you advertised you had what I wanted in stock . one hundred and twelve days and counting.

Yikes. First problem: Zach hasn't responded that the 300 Win Mag service is going to stick around. Second problem: "in stock" may not have much meaning at SWA...?

They are local to me and I'd like to show some support for a small business as it grows up, but I also don't want to be dicked around. Maybe SWA has more business than it can handle right now. In that case they don't need my business and I don't need the headaches of doing business with them. Sometimes a "good deal" isn't worth the other associated costs.

I'd like to be wrong, though. Perhaps SWA can get themselves squared away to deliver on their promises, whether explicit or implicit.

I cannot tell you whether the 300 winmag reloading service is going to stick around or not, if I can do it all the time I will. I am just offering a cost effective way for none re loaders to shoot, and me move some of my powder and projectiles, win win for you and me.

We make awesome ammo, we are a veteran owned and a veteran employer. We want your business, but if we cant get it, I apologize for what we did to you.

Zach

i

I've been ordering from SWA for awhile now. I still have no complaints ( and my orders aren't huge by any means so don't try that card). Anytime you guys think you can do it better than they do feel free to try, I may even order from you who knows. But until then, Zach and the rest of the crew keep up the good work.

I've been ordering from SWA for awhile now. I still have no complaints ( and my orders aren't huge by any means so don't try that card). Anytime you guys think you can do it better than they do feel free to try, I may even order from you who knows. But until then, Zach and the rest of the crew keep up the good work.
^^^+1^^^

While everyone else had no ammo available and wouldn't even take any orders, Zach and company were taking orders and filling them as fast as they could obtain components. While everyone else was bitchin' and moanin' about not getting instant response from SWA, I was quietly placing an order for a couple hundred rounds almost every month. Sure, during the 1st quarter of this year, these orders were delayed by months, but I've been able to keep shooting and at reasonable prices.

Personally, I'd rather that they let me go ahead and order items that may not be in stock at that instant, as it let's me get my regular orders in and then I can wait a bit for it to arrive if need be.

On the other hand, I ordered factory ammo from a few other big name suppliers we all know, back in March and April, and am still waiting for some word that the products will ever arrive. One back order delay after another. I'm still not complaining for two reasons: one, I have SWA ammo to keep my barrel hot and two, when the factory ammo does arrive (perhaps this year), it will be a nice surprise.

So true lash and phone freak, I want to point out that SWAMMO product is better than any factory rounds I ever shot by far.

^^^+1^^^

While everyone else had no ammo available and wouldn't even take any orders, Zach and company were taking orders and filling them as fast as they could obtain components. While everyone else was bitchin' and moanin' about not getting instant response from SWA, I was quietly placing an order for a couple hundred rounds almost every month. Sure, during the 1st quarter of this year, these orders were delayed by months, but I've been able to keep shooting and at reasonable prices.

Personally, I'd rather that they let me go ahead and order items that may not be in stock at that instant, as it let's me get my regular orders in and then I can wait a bit for it to arrive if need be.

On the other hand, I ordered factory ammo from a few other big name suppliers we all know, back in March and April, and am still waiting for some word that the products will ever arrive. One back order delay after another. I'm still not complaining for two reasons: one, I have SWA ammo to keep my barrel hot and two, when the factory ammo does arrive (perhaps this year), it will be a nice surprise.

I have ordered A LOT of 308 ammo from SWA. I don't yet reload, and currently have about 1000 Federal brass that I shot this past year. I was going to send them to SWA, but I see that they will only reload their own brass. With the thousands of rounds that I recently bought from them, I will obviously send that back in future for reloading as I shoot it. However, does anyone have any suggestions on where to send this brass for reloading since SWA won't apparently reload it?

@Zack, is the 308 brass reloading rule going to permanently apply?

Sell what you have and start over with new brass, or start reloading it, though I don't like Fed as a reloading brass in 308. There are a few other places that reload, one with a very good rep but I will stick with SAMMO I tried a couple others and was disappointed..

I have ordered A LOT of 308 ammo from SWA. I don't yet reload, and currently have about 1000 Federal brass that I shot this past year. I was going to send them to SWA, but I see that they will only reload their own brass. With the thousands of rounds that I recently bought from them, I will obviously send that back in future for reloading as I shoot it. However, does anyone have any suggestions on where to send this brass for reloading since SWA won't apparently reload it?

@Zack, is the 308 brass reloading rule going to permanently apply?

Could you either reply or PM me on what place has a good rep that reloads.

As far as reloading, I am right now trying to get the equipment and read the books to get started. But reloading componets are frequently on back order I have found.