• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

Re: SWFA-SS Tax Day Group Buy: 1-6, 5-20, and more!

still kinda on the edge with the 10k deal, I think I'm just going to wait till I actually need the 5x20 and then pickup the illum version

Sighted in my 5-20 today on my 5r remmy. Did a quick tracking test and checked with reticle. Adjustments and reticle are spot on, returns to zero every time.
Vertical tracking is perfect, and thanks to LL for the feeler gauge tip. It works perfectly.

This scope is by far the nicest piece I've had. Oh and once sighted in my turrets zeroed line up perfectly with the marks. Guess I got lucky.

Used FTE to get my elevation adjustment and put the first two rounds within about four inches of hitting a clay pigeon at 1k yards. This scope is great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MustangGreg66</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bad-Andy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 5-20 just came in today. It's very nice! I got excited and forgot to order some caps for it. Still gotta figure out what mount to order too. </div></div>

Does it come with some kind of lense covers?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IATigerHawk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5-20x50 Mounted.
grin.gif

img0489fd.jpg
</div></div>

Looks good. Is that the standard Larue scope mount or the taller one? </div></div>

It is the Larue LT104.

Also fwiw my adjustment knobs line up perfectly.

Got my 5-20 non-illuminated on Thursday. Within 10 shots it was bore sighted, tracking test done, sighted in at 100 yards and when given correct dope put it thru a 1" hole in a plate at 234 yards and was ready for a practice day at our 1000 yard range. JBM dope was perfect thru 1000 and shot it in it's first match on Sunday and it worked flawlessly.

Son has the illuminated version and both scopes are way more than we expected and for the money I don't think they can be beat. No need to spend the big bucks to be competitive, we've looked thru all the high dollar scopes and a couple may be a bit brighter but not $2500.00 brighter and they don't track or dial the distance any better.

Topstrap

I'm so jealous. I cant wait to do my range report.

Anyone know the current order to ship time? Placed my order yesterday and can't stop checking my email for the ship notice!

John

it took 1 day for processing and the rest was ship time. the 1-6 is not currently in stock, so expect a wait if you ordered one.

I ordered using the 10000 code a week ago (5/23), and my 5-20 and Aadland rings still haven't shipped........?

Was told that they are shipping only so many SS5-20's out per day. I wasn't told they were out of stock. They must be getting a shit ton of orders, or they need to hire some more temps for the shipping dept.

I hope it ships soon, as I wasn't expecting to wait several weeks on a 5-20 when supposedly they have plenty in stock. I will be disappointed if I don't get an e-mail with tracking number sometime this week. I realize this must be a huge undertaking for SWFA, but when they don't offer any info. and the customer has to keep calling, and your account shows backorder it's hard to be patient when I was told on the phone that it would ship this past Tuesday.

I guess it will get here when it gets here.

I ordered mine on the evening of the 22nd and it shipped the 29th and will be here tomorrow. If you have a question about it give them a call and they will be glad to answer any questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catalyst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

My SWFA SS-HD 5-20 is actually replacing something on my FN PBR that is an entirely different class... a Bushnell Elite 4200 HD,
</div></div>

Heh, this is what I'm doing too.

I actually bought this for the 1-6, and figured that I could flip the 5-20 pretty easily to bring the price down even more. Made the mistake of mounting it up just to see how $1,300 worth of glass looked.
Short story shorter, now I'm gong to be selling my Bushnell instead.

I'd love to have the 5-20 but don't have a need for the 1-6...anybody want to go splits?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BoilerUP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd love to have the 5-20 but don't have a need for the 1-6...anybody want to go splits?</div></div>

I was just thinking of how I'd love the 1-6 but don't need more mag...now, just to find the money;)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Topstrap</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got my 5-20 non-illuminated on Thursday. Within 10 shots it was bore sighted, tracking test done, sighted in at 100 yards and when given correct dope put it thru a 1" hole in a plate at 234 yards and was ready for a practice day at our 1000 yard range. JBM dope was perfect thru 1000 and shot it in it's first match on Sunday and it worked flawlessly.

Son has the illuminated version and both scopes are way more than we expected and for the money I don't think they can be beat. No need to spend the big bucks to be competitive, we've looked thru all the high dollar scopes and a couple may be a bit brighter but not $2500.00 brighter and they don't track or dial the distance any better.

Topstrap </div></div>

Good stuff

Does anyone know if any of the currently offered SWFA throw levers with fit the new 1-6?

EDIT: Please disregard. I found the info.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "The 1-4 throwlever will work, the knurl is slightly larger. But we are currently working on designed one for the 1-6 specifically." </div></div>

Looking for a partner to split the deal. I want the 1-6.

Found a partner
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: InfiniteGrim</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does the 5-20 come with the sunshade?</div></div>

No it does not. I ended up using a Weaver shade one mine.

I feel like a little kid waiting for Santa. My scope is on the truck for delivery today and Im off work sitting here waiting for it. Damn brown truck needs to hurry up!!

wish they had the 3-9 on there too...bummer

Got mine in today and am pretty happy with it. I noticed one thing though about it I dont like but its a very small thing. Up to 16x-17x the scope is just as bright as can be. But from 18x-20x it gets a good bit darker. Not so much that makes it un-useable but enough to be annoying. Other than that I am very happy with it. Also, 0.970" rings are way too tall on a 700 with a EGW 20 MOA rail and XLR Chassis. About ~0.500" too tall!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McLarenRoss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got mine in today and am pretty happy with it. I noticed one thing though about it I dont like but its a very small thing. Up to 16x-17x the scope is just as bright as can be. But from 18x-20x it gets a good bit darker. Not so much that makes it un-useable but enough to be annoying. Other than that I am very happy with it. Also, 0.970" rings are way too tall on a 700 with a EGW 20 MOA rail and XLR Chassis. About ~0.500" too tall! </div></div>

thats what i thought too, and why i ended up selling mine. the glass on 20x was much darker than my sightrons on 24x or 32x

the FFP reticle was extremely awesome though!

Ordered another - this would be my third SWFA 5-20x50, all for the price of one S&B. I could tell only a slight difference in the optical quality when I compared two, but it could also be my imagination - it wasn't double blind test. Swarovski gave me the best optical quality, but too bad they are not making tactical ones. When they do, I would imaging it selling at the same price as S&B

Go SWFA!

I was all set to buy this until a guy wanting the combo sold me his Illuminated SS 5-20 cheap enough. I might regret it later. I received it yesterday sucker is heavy duty and well built. I'll mount it up soon.

Anyone get an email like this?
"Dear Valued Customer:

We are sorry to inform you that some of the merchandise you ordered from us is temporarily out of stock. The items listed below are presently backordered. We are working quickly, however, to ship your complete order at the earliest possible date.

We will automatically ship your order when the merchandise arrives if we do not hear from you. You may of course choose to cancel your order at this time, or select to substitute another item. If this is the case, please complete and return the lower portion of this letter to let us know.

Thank you again for letting us serve you.

ONLY complete and return the lower portion of this form if you wish to cancel or substitute other items on your order. "

I ordered the 1-6x. But yeah...Is that just a heads up that it is a pre-order or are they back ordering my pre-order?

All pre-orders would be backorders. IMHO.

Sounds like they are keeping you informed and reads like a boilerplate "be patient, it will arrive someday" message.

Remind me when does the 10,000 likes coupon expire?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verdugo60</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Remind me when does the 10,000 likes coupon expire? </div></div>

Its on Page 11...

10000.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cop1211</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking for a partner to split the deal. I want the 1-6.

</div></div>
Sent you a pm

Sent you a PM.

what rings / mounts are some of you using with the 2 scopes?

I am still shopping for a 30mm scope mount, but i think the 1-6 is going in my PEPR mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: catalyst</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what rings / mounts are some of you using with the 2 scopes?

I am still shopping for a 30mm scope mount, but i think the 1-6 is going in my PEPR mount.

</div></div>
Spuhr cantilever mount!

As long as you're buying. Lol.

My budget is going to be less than 80 for something for that 5-20, unless i sell my old bushnell elite sooner than later.

Ordered 5/23. Supposed to be delievered tomorrow - rings and 5-20. Looked through a buddies 5-20 and needless to say I can't wait to get mine mounted up!

Just spoke with a rep at SWFA. Changed/upgraded my order to include the 5-20 HD scope, along with the 1-6 ordered earlier.

Was offered the opportunity to upgrade to the illuminated 5-20 HD SS for the cost difference of $200...apparently an offer for Snipers Hide orderers, so I did that, too.

Skylar then said both items will ship together this month so sounds, to me, like they're expecting the 1-6's and the re-supply of 5-20's very soon and very close together. Just an FYI for everyone.

THANKS VERY MUCH, SWFA!!!

Cool hope so, I recieved my 5-20 really just waiting on the 1-6. Need to get some rings for the 5-20 to get it mounted up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bailagent100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just spoke with a rep at SWFA. ...
Was offered the opportunity to upgrade to the illuminated 5-20 HD SS for the cost difference of $200...apparently an offer for Snipers Hide orderers, so I did that, too.</div></div>

Crap, wish I would have known about this before buying a new/used SS 5-20 HD illuminated... Oh well, a great offer by SWFA for others.

SS 5-20 arrived last night when I was at work. Opened up this AM when I got home. Man this thing is sweet! Added bonus, they sent me the version with the blacked out side cap - no logo! A buddy got his a week and a half ago and his had the logo???? Luck of the draw maybe, but I much prefer the look without the big glaring logo on the side. SS is printed on the bottom of the turret housing and on the ring by the objective.

Not that it's any big deal, but what's everyone else getting? Logo or not? Sticker in box? Reticle sub-tension card? I just got the scope and small wrench for turret caps.

Now to get it mounted and continue my OCW test. Thanks for the deal SWFA!

I called yesterday just to see if they had any update on the 1x6 shipping. They of course can't commit which is fine but they said that they got a shipment of some of the other models that are new for this year earlier in the week and they are hoping that the first of the 1x6s will follow shortly after. Still say sometime this summer but hopefully they will get in soon. Looking forward to slapping it on my SPR and taking it out for a test drive!

I got the scope (w/logo on the side), wrench, sticker, but no subtension card.
Kinda bummed about the card actually, I thought that would be useful to stick in the range bag. Guess I'll just print one out.

Anyone know when the 10,000 coupon expires?

I have absolutely no need for these two scopes, nor can I afford it right now, but I have to order em... just trying to be the last one to do so. haha

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hk dave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone know when the 10,000 coupon expires?

I have absolutely no need for these two scopes, nor can I afford it right now, but I have to order em... just trying to be the last one to do so. haha </div></div>

I've got June 21st on my calendar for the coupon expiration. I'm still undecided and broke as well, but that 1-6x would be great for my new 300 blackout.

My wife caught onto my gun/scope spending habits about a month ago and put the old smackdown on spending - dang if she doesn't have the summer off and was able to check the mail before I did. She basically said "If one more box comes to the door . . . ."

Just last night I was whining about how good a deal the 5-20X/1-6X combo was. She broke and said that if I were able to make X amount of progress in our unfinished bonus room by the expiration date I could get the set. Looks like I'll be spending the next week of evenings doing some catch-up. My fault, I'll admit. I could have had that project done long ago but I've gotten sidetracked several times with reloading, matches, mounting scopes, etc.

Wish me luck!

I just want the 1-6x. Anyone want to split?

ETA: well, not entirely true, I want both, but due to a couple unforeseen expenses the scope cash has been pilfered and I can only swing the 1-6x.

So I have had my 5-20 for about 2-3 weeks (I ordered the day they hit 10000) and just received an email that the 1-6 is back ordered today. Does that mean that they sold too many to fulfill out of their first run I wonder?? Hopefully they will see this thread and let us know.

I received the same email. Also I ordered the combo deal 10 minutes after the coupon code went live so I hope I'm on the first shipment.

I am guessing this is just a periodic backorder status e-mail, but a guy can always hope!

Pretty sure that email, which is the same one I received is because they haven't received stock yet from their manufacturer. I am betting within the next two weeks they will get them in, or at least I hope ha!

I got the same email. And so did my buddy. I was hoping to have it in a few weeks too... Dang it...!!!! On backorder and they havent even started shipping them yet...