• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA Super Sniper 10x42 HD

michael_aos

Sergeant
Minuteman
I purchased an SWFA SS10x42HD on 10/25/10, in part because of the advertised ability to focus as close as 10m.

On 10/29 I contacted SWFA as the scope will only focus to 50m. Their response via Derrik Foote was "oops, the website is wrong. We'll get that fixed".

As of 12/29, the website still hasn't been updated.

Just a heads up in case anyone is contemplating this scope.

Re: SWFA Super Sniper 10x42 HD

I love having one around for new rifles, trouble shooting, what ever...nice little 10x for the $$...If you're getting rid of it it'll go fast.

C_K

I've been using it on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .223. I do like the scope in general, but I am kind of itching for more magnification.

When I bought it for this application, I was thinking if it didn't work out I could always just stick it on an air rifle. Since it doesn't really focus down to 10m as advertised, that's not an option.

Mostly I'm just annoyed that they haven't updated their website.

Pic

Man that's a lot of glass for a air rifle. But to each his own. Good looking rig though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris_K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love having one around for new rifles, trouble shooting, what ever...nice little 10x for the $$...If you're getting rid of it it'll go fast.

C_K </div></div>

I do the same thing. It really is hard to beat these scopes.

Just got one of these, as well as a 3-9x in today. First impressions, I'm VERY impressed. Can't wait to put some rounds down range with them...

I have the 3-9x also.

Mated it to an old 260 Remington with what I assumed was a shot-out barrel.

Stuck everything in a Manners MCS-T5A from the Group Buy back in ~February.

Had a bunch of old ammo from when I was working up loads a couple years ago.

Shoots great!

Pic

--

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Michael Aos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I purchased an SWFA SS10x42HD on 10/25/10, in part because of the advertised ability to focus as close as 10m.

On 10/29 I contacted SWFA as the scope will only focus to 50m. Their response via Derrik Foote was "oops, the website is wrong. We'll get that fixed".

As of 12/29, the website still hasn't been updated.

Just a heads up in case anyone is contemplating this scope.

</div></div>
Michael,
I apologize that it took so long to get the site fixed. The last quarter is a crazy time of the year for us all here. As you can see in the email response below I am willing to work with you on this situation. However, I never heard anything back about this mishap until I read this post. If you would please PM me I will buy the SS back from you and I can get you fixed up on any other scope you may be interested in. Hope to hear from you soon.

10/29/2010
"Michael,
It appears there is an error on the website, the HD rear focus
model is 50-infinity. One solution to get it to focus down to 10 is to
try adjusting the rear locking ring, and then twist the eyepiece in
small increments to achieve your goal. Once the entire image is clear
turn the locking ring all the way back to the eyepiece so your
adjustment will not change after you fire. Sorry for the confusion on
the website, I will get our tech on that. I hope this is some help to
you, let me know if you need anything else."

Best regards,

Derrik Foote
SWFA Outdoors
420 Century Way #100
Red Oak, Tx 75154
(972)617-7056
(972)617-1647 fax
[email protected]
www.swfa.com / www.samplelist.com /www.opticstalk.com

SWFA SS 10x42HD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Robot Doc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man that's a lot of glass for an air rifle. </div></div>

What do you mean? Serious airgunners put serious glass on their rigs. The last thing they want to do is to put a $100 Chinese scope on their $1000-$2500 FT airguns :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derrik</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I apologize that it took so long to get the site fixed.</div></div>

Thanks, that's all I was after at this point. Now that I have used the scope for a while, I do like it. It will be handy to have around. It will get used for something.

I was initially torn between this and the Bushnell Elite 4200 3-12x FFP. If I'd known at the time that the SS would only focus to 50m, I would have purchased the Bushnell instead.

My primary optic on my 260 Remington is 5-25x. I stuck the SS 10X HD on a 223 and called it a trainer. Now that I've been shooting it a while, I find myself wanting (not needing) a little more magnification. If I were to upgrade the optic on the 223, I would have wanted to replace the Falcon on my Benjamin Marauder 22 with the SS 10X HD, but that's not an option.

I love these scopes! Own three of them. I have a like new SS 10X42 Tactical Rear Focus sitting in my gun case collecting dust in its box. Hate to just have it sit there. If anyone is interested let me know. Asking $225.

I have one of these and love it. It does everything I ask of it. I have shot as close as 25 with it but no closer. Hope you can get it figured out and it works for you. The more I use mine the better I like it.