• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SWFA Super Sniper 5-20X50HD

Re: SWFA Super Sniper 5-20X50HD

This is going to throw a kink into alot of nicely laid out plans...

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is going to throw a kink into alot of nicely laid out plans...

DK </div></div>

+1 that PST might have to canceled depending on time frames.

I am praying that it stays below the 1K mark... yeah, wishful thinking... I know.

DK

There is a post on page three where SWFA says price will be above 1k but below 1.5k.

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am praying that it stays below the 1K mark... yeah, wishful thinking... I know.

DK </div></div>

Maybe a regular price of 1,200 and a Hide group buy for 1k. I think that is as low as we will see it. I am drooling on my keyboard

I am thinking more like they did with the 3-9ss release where you get caps and rings and a mildot master or something all for normal price. Thats nice and all honestly, but I think i would rather get a lower price and not the goodies as I already have mounts and rings.

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BrettSass844</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe a regular price of 1,200 and a Hide group buy for 1k.</div></div>

That is exactly what I was hoping and praying for... I can dream can't I?? LOL!!

This will give those that laugh at the name something to think about...

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captramrod01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My guess is 1499 regular price, 1299 hide price. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: force_multiplier</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm guessing more like $1299 list and $999 hide price </div></div>

That or hide people get rings+butler creek flip-ups. I saw where they were throwing in seekins rings with the ss10XHD at the regular price and the bobro mount with the 3-9, I've turned more than a few people on to those deals.

I would go for some seekins rings and caps in the deal, but hopefully its quality rings and not a mount for an AR. I have enough larue mounts to last all my guns and then some.

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have enough larue mounts to last all my guns and then some.

Pat </div></div>

Wanna sell one? I could use a 30mm extended for my 223.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go for some seekins rings and caps in the deal, but hopefully its quality rings and not a mount for an AR. I have enough larue mounts to last all my guns and then some.
</div></div>

Seriously? Do you think SWFA would give you an AR mount for a 5-20 scope? They have it dialed and know what the masses want/need, look at the scope they've built because that says a lot. I don't think you have to worry about getting an AR mount with it.

Now, as far as price, I'm not sure....but I do know that I'm saving my pennies so I can snatch up at least one and hopefully two when they become available! Brady is being awfully quiet about what the deal will be......that tells me something right there.

Some scopes are purged with argon and other fancy gasses, I hear SS is using Tiger Blood!

SS = Winning!!

Jasonk- I dont think it will, but ive seen some people mount some pretty stupid things on an AR. . . . so I will never say never ya know?

Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did I miss? How much elevation does it have? </div></div>

Somewhere it was listed as 33.5 mils or so.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jasonk- I dont think it will, but ive seen some people mount some pretty stupid things on an AR. . . . so I will never say never ya know?

Pat </div></div>

Yeah I saw a thread where a guy was mounting a 4-16 S&B on a 223 SPR build. If I was italian rich I'd do the same thing.

Then there are people with 6-6.5MM AR builds who might want this scope too (as well as 308's).

I bet dollars to donuts most future buyers mount it on a bolt gun though.

TAG

That would be cool. Been looking at getting another scope for my upcoming GAP. After seeing these, the money spent on a NF/USO might be better spent on this and ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SLUHstud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go for some seekins rings and caps in the deal, but hopefully its quality rings and not a mount for an AR. I have enough larue mounts to last all my guns and then some.
</div></div>

Seriously? Do you think SWFA would give you an AR mount for a 5-20 scope? They have it dialed and know what the masses want/need, look at the scope they've built because that says a lot. I don't think you have to worry about getting an AR mount with it.

Now, as far as price, I'm not sure....but I do know that I'm saving my pennies so I can snatch up at least one and hopefully two when they become available! Brady is being awfully quiet about what the deal will be......that tells me something right there.

Some scopes are purged with argon and other fancy gasses, I hear SS is using Tiger Blood!

SS = Winning!! </div></div>

Generally, I agree with you. I am looking at this scope primarily as a candidate for my 338LM which still does not have a "permanent" scope on it. I keep on rotating the scopes that I test on it, but I am looking for something that is "permanently" for the 338.

However, since my 338LM is a DTA, a good quality AR mount like the Aadmounts I use is a very nice fit.

Also, I have an accurate AR-15 (by Scott Milkovich of Specialized Dynamics) chambered for 6.5LBC which could use a scope like that as well.

ILya

ILya

I am thinking mine will go on the 260 Infidel Mike and UGSW is doing for me right now, as I think its a little much for my APA 308 ar10 thats also coming in. I would love a 3-15 for that . . .SWFA i hope your listening lol (now i am just getting greedy).

Pat

man i am stoked for this. it was already probably going to be priced very well just knowing ss. and considering he said its going to be better than any group buy SS could have done alone i am stoked. i can't wait to see and am saving money now lol

5-20. 10 mils per rotation. Great reticle. Way-above-cost-point glass. You guys are going to make it hard to justify a scope from another maker.

A rare glimpse inside of the SS 5-20 factory. Harvesting the tiger blood. (That's Brady in the back left)

tiger.jpg

Well, I came on to do some research on a scope. Glad I ran into this thread! Subscribing, looking forward to the Group Buy!

Very nice.

I have a 1-4x and two 3-9x SS scopes and both are tits.

My one quibble with this is the illumination. It seems to me that just the center dot is next to useless. What if you need to holdover/off?

I would also like to see th dot NOT connected to the crosshairs, similar to the MP8 IOR reticle (best reticle I've used).

This will definitely be a future purchase if they do something about that illumination.

I'm guessing the price point will be $1599-$1699 or thereabouts. Would be a good deal too.

I'd be interested in this group buy. I'll have to learn to use a mil based reticle though.

One of these would be my top-line optic by a wide margin, but a deal is a deal so I'd be interested in a group buy as well.

count me in on a group buy.i had a 10x42m super sniper and loved it,with all the new features on this baby,what's not to love,

I have one of the original SS 10x42M scopes, back when they had the Tasco name before SWFA. And it still proudly outperforms more expensive scopes in training classes. (And yes, I try to rub it in every chance I get.) Due to my championing of this legendary Tasco brand, I think my name should go to the head of the waiting list.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BERTMAN77MK2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GROUP BUY?? any proposed date from SWFA YET?? </div></div>

Frank is working with us on a deal for Sniper's Hide members that will be better than any group buy we could have offered alone.

Stay tuned for more details.
Whistler.gif
</div></div>
I've been playing with the idea of building a rig with longer legs than my 7.62s. Every time I put a pencil to what I want to build I get sticker shock. This scope may knock $1000.00+ off the price of my plans and make it affordable. 90% of the shooting I've done for the past two years has been with either a SS 10X, SS 3-9X42 or a SS 1-4x24 HD scope mounted on my rifle. I've got enough faith in SWFA to order sight unseen knowing it will meet my expectations.

The SS 10X was my starter scope which totally filled my needs over this past year and a half. I have been in the market to get some new glass. I have a NF F1 that has been on backorder ... I'll sleep on it but I may cancel and wait to see how this group buy deal plays out.

so how do i know if there is a group buy on this? i am assuming that it will be in the group buy section correct.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lsm62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so how do i know if there is a group buy on this? i am assuming that it will be in the group buy section correct. </div></div>

They are in the process of putting it togeather. The scope is not out yet.

How is the overall quality of the super sniper scope,im looking to purchase a long range tactical scope,some are very expensive and some are not so expensive.How does the super sniper compare to the more expensive scopes.

Any updates on the hide deal or pricing? Just spoke with Mike at UGSW and I am going to be needing to get my rings and optics here shortly for the build that is finishing up. Would like to hold out for this and see how its panning out, but time may not be on my side.

Lowlight or Jon or Ilya. . .any more thoughts on these beyond what has been posted already?

Thanks
Pat

I would be in on a group buy!

Sounds like a great idea. The other group buys that SWFA have run are some good deals also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lightning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the overall quality of the super sniper scope,im looking to purchase a long range tactical scope,some are very expensive and some are not so expensive.How does the super sniper compare to the more expensive scopes. </div></div>

It will be interesting to hear Lowlights view on this as he spends lots of time with high end optics. I own four SWFA SS scopes and in my experience SWFA pays attention to the basics. That is to say their scopes are tough, robust designs that are well executed by the manufactures. The adjustments are accurate and repeatable. The glass consistently beats anything in the same price range and competes well with scopes costing much more. Put that with the lifetime warranty and you have a package that is pretty hard to beat.

I am very impressed with my 3-9 power SS. I would love to have a SS with the HD glass and variable power range (above 1-4 power). I think getting these scopes out in the next 30 days will be important for SS if they can do it. Please do not sacrifice quality to do it, but there a TON of backlogged orders for PST's that will get canceled if these become readily available. Me? I'll go with both. In on the group buy.

i wish they would spread the illumination out a bit more,
it does not have to be the entire rectile but a bit wider and taller, like the first 3-5 dots. it would help.

a zero stop would be a huge plus for me, with out that it makes it tough. i would pay more to get a zero stop.

but the rest of the scope looks solid.

if these changes are made i would definetly be in for a group buy.

LL,

Is there any new info you can give us as far as testing it out?

Im NOT too concerned about the price as SWFA has always had a good price point on the SS line.

I am just interested in glass clarity and overall repeatability with zeroing.

Thanks
Matt (LEO SOUTH GA.)