• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SWR 7.62 specwar

benchmstr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 10, 2007
CEO Team waffle house
Anyone have a first hand review of this unit? I literally just heard of this suppressor under an hour ago and am interested but concerned over the low price.

Looking for a double duty suppressor for my MWS 308, and 11.5" sbr.

Before anyone suggest alternatives let me give some background.

Must be quick detach

I don't use surefire anymore as they don't suppress anything..do lock good though..not worth half of the asking price IMHO

I just gave up on aac after a 2 year battle with the "wiggle" baffle strikes and poor customer service

Thanks
Bench

Last edited:
Don't own one, but have spent some time around them and they are good to go. Uses the same type of mounting system as the 5.56 which one of my friends recently acquired. Lock up is tight on these cans and they do suppress well. The cans are constructed of quality materials and are finished well.

SWR gives you a good product for the money, just keep in mind that part of the savings is coming because it is not a titanium can. The other thing is that SWR/Silencerco stand behind their products and will support the customers. I own other .30 cal cans, but would not hesitate to pick up a Specwar if it fit my requirements as I have been very satisfied with the several SWR and Silencerco cans I own.

And if you think they are shy about what their can will withstand, take a look at this:

SWR: Specwar 762; Versatile and Rugged from Full-Auto to Precision - YouTube

I love titanium cans, but you can't do that with one!

Gotta love it when you finish a really hot string of fire only to realize you have a BBQ hanging off the end of your muzzle. Lol.

Don't own one, but have spent some time around them and they are good to go. Uses the same type of mounting system as the 5.56 which one of my friends recently acquired. Lock up is tight on these cans and they do suppress well. The cans are constructed of quality materials and are finished well.

SWR gives you a good product for the money, just keep in mind that part of the savings is coming because it is not a titanium can. The other thing is that SWR/Silencerco stand behind their products and will support the customers. I own other .30 cal cans, but would not hesitate to pick up a Specwar if it fit my requirements as I have been very satisfied with the several SWR and Silencerco cans I own.

And if you think they are shy about what their can will withstand, take a look at this:

SWR: Specwar 762; Versatile and Rugged from Full-Auto to Precision - YouTube

I love titanium cans, but you can't do that with one!

thats actually the video that made me start looking at them.....for $720 brake included i think im gonna start filling out some papers..

bench

Good Lord. I wonder what the can looks like on the inside after that kind of punishment. I too have been looking at this suppressor but am waiting for some field test reports from guys here on the Hide. It does look good though.

ive toured the west valley silencerco mfg. facility; they are without question a company committed to absolute quality. ive also seen the specwar perform in the field and felt confident enough to put my money in one.
sometimes theres more to life than titanium.....like p.o.i. shift, durability, quality of construction, absolute accuracy, etc...

I shot the specwar 7.62 for almost a year in PRS matches before we came out with the harvester. It is by far the quietest / most durable can out there. Every stage I shot the RO's asked what can it was because it was so quiet.
The great part about the stellite baffles is that after the whole belt full auto, the baffles glowing red hot, the can was almost untouched. When we do durability testing it is always the gun that fails before the can.
The Specwar 7.62 is also rated for what ever 30 cal magnum you can dream up.
The only cost for all this awesomeness is that it weighs 23oz. Which defiantly is not bad at all. Still a few oz lighter than others in its class.

The specwar is on my short list also.....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

How does the specwar hold up in terms of accuracy? Would say a bolt rifle capable of .5MOA or better maintain the same accuracy? I don't care too much about POI shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your input. How does it compare to the Harvester?

Trauma1

How does the specwar hold up in terms of accuracy? Would say a bolt rifle capable of .5MOA or better maintain the same accuracy? I don't care too much about POI shift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Specwar holds up fine in terms of accuracy. I've had it on a few different sub 1/2moa guns and they maintain that accuracy with the can on. I've also witnessed James and the other SWR guys shooting them at the PRS events and they are certainly not keeping them from hitting their fair share of targets. The Specwar is a great can, with the only downside being its weight. For a multi-purpose can, the weight doesn't bother me at all, although it's a little heavy for my taste on my precision guns. All in all though, it gets a big thumbs up from this guy.

The weight certainly seems to be it's only drawback, but as it's likely going to go on a 300WM with a 26" barrel with an M24 contour (7# all by itself) I'm not sure if i'll really notice it. Ultimately I want to build a rifle that can shoot medium to long range as accurately as possible, both with and without a can.

Thanks for your input, it seems to be the consensus that this QD mount doesn't seem to affect accuracy and will likely be my choice. Do you have any input on the effectiveness of the brake on it's own? My smith currently has an APA Little Bastard lined up for the rifle, but I can easily order the mount instead as I wait for the forms to clear.

The reason I am seriously considering this suppressor is that I'd like to run it on my AR15 from time to time and if the only trade-off is weight for a multi-use suppressor that does not sacrifice accuracy, I think this is a winner.

The Specwar holds up fine in terms of accuracy. I've had it on a few different sub 1/2moa guns and they maintain that accuracy with the can on. I've also witnessed James and the other SWR guys shooting them at the PRS events and they are certainly not keeping them from hitting their fair share of targets. The Specwar is a great can, with the only downside being its weight. For a multi-purpose can, the weight doesn't bother me at all, although it's a little heavy for my taste on my precision guns. All in all though, it gets a big thumbs up from this guy.

What benefit or difference is there with the 7.62 Saker over the 7.62 SpecWar? Just weight?

So as long as I'm happy with a Specwar mount and the weight, there's no benefit to the more expensive Saker? I liked the modular style of of the Saker. Are baffle strikes something to worry about?

I'm looking for a suppressor for a precision Ar10 308 and AR15 6.5 Grendel. Possibly 300blkout as well. I'll then probably get a 5.56 suppressor for my carbines, again Specwar or Saker. I'm really liking Silencerco products.

So as long as I'm happy with a Specwar mount and the weight, there's no benefit to the more expensive Saker? I liked the modular style of of the Saker. Are baffle strikes something to worry about?

Double check this, but I *think* the Saker can be run under a rail while the Specwar cannot since you need to be able to manipulate the lock ring on the Specwar to tighten and loosen. My understanding is that the Saker can be grabbed around the barrel of the can and be twisted on/off. I don't see any other benefits to the Saker over the Specwar in the 7.62 model. On the 5.56 cans, the Saker has a Hoplon blast baffle whereas the Specwar "only" has Stellite.

Baffle strikes should only be worried about if your muzzle is not threaded concentric to the bore or you are using a bullet that is outside of your barrel's ability to stabilize.

I'm really liking Silencerco products.

Me too.

The weight certainly seems to be it's only drawback, but as it's likely going to go on a 300WM with a 26" barrel with an M24 contour (7# all by itself) I'm not sure if i'll really notice it. Ultimately I want to build a rifle that can shoot medium to long range as accurately as possible, both with and without a can.

Thanks for your input, it seems to be the consensus that this QD mount doesn't seem to affect accuracy and will likely be my choice. Do you have any input on the effectiveness of the brake on it's own? My smith currently has an APA Little Bastard lined up for the rifle, but I can easily order the mount instead as I wait for the forms to clear.

The reason I am seriously considering this suppressor is that I'd like to run it on my AR15 from time to time and if the only trade-off is weight for a multi-use suppressor that does not sacrifice accuracy, I think this is a winner.

The brake is extremely effective on its own. I tested it out on my 7wsm and was very pleased as it took pretty much all the recoil away. If you're going to get the Specwar, then get the brake to go with it. You're not going to gain any advantage running the APA brake.

Thanks for the help, I'll probably order one soon! I'm just a bit conflicted on whether I should go this route or the TBAC 30BA and get a second suppressor for my AR. Decisions, decisions!

The brake is extremely effective on its own. I tested it out on my 7wsm and was very pleased as it took pretty much all the recoil away. If you're going to get the Specwar, then get the brake to go with it. You're not going to gain any advantage running the APA brake.

Thanks for the help, I'll probably order one soon! I'm just a bit conflicted on whether I should go this route or the TBAC 30BA and get a second suppressor for my AR. Decisions, decisions!

You can always get the Specwar now for the versatility and add the TBAC later for dedicated use if desired. Cans seem to slowly multiply in numbers. Both are good cans.

Is there a brake/adapter that allows you to mount the 7.62 Specwar on a 1/2x28 thread pitch barrel?

Yup. One feature of the Specwar series of suppressors (both the 556 and 762 models) is that they both use the same attachment system. Example: You can buy Specwar muzzle devices (either a flash hider or muzzle brake) in either 556 or 762. The 556 muzzle devices will accept EITHER a 556 Specwar OR a 762 Specwar. So, you wanna screw a Specwar 762 onto a 556? No problem: Specwar 556 Muzzle Brake - OR - Specwar 556 Flash Hider .

You can always get the Specwar now for the versatility and add the TBAC later for dedicated use if desired. Cans seem to slowly multiply in numbers. Both are good cans.
Excellent idea! Just have to convince the lady at a later date haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say wait for the Saker 762 next month. That's what I'm doing anyway. They look to be the next best thing.

I would say wait for the Saker 762 next month. That's what I'm doing anyway. They look to be the next best thing.

I heard that the Saker is suppose to work with other manufacturers mounts. Anybody know which ones?

At this moment in time, currently in production are the Trifecta RS Mount as standard with the Saker and the AAC 51T mount, with the ASR Specwar and Direct thread mount coming out end of March.

Has anybody noticed a large shift in POI with their Specwar 7.62 on vs off? On a bolt gun? With the can on, my POI shifted up and to the left by 1 mil in each plane.

Specwar 7.62 is a great all purpose can. Accuracy with the can is better than without on my LWRC Repr. Great choice all around. Buy with confidence. Hundreds less than the Saker 7.62 as well. Mount is rock solid.

Mine does mount solid on my 6.5x47. Groups under 1/2 moa with and w/o the Specwar. But with it on I got that shift in POI. A 3 in shift left, and 3in shift high I would consider to be significant at 100yds. My Specwar has a noticeably off center bore. Here is a link to a post I started regarding it:

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/snipers-hide-suppressors/259769-normal-suppressor.html

Not sure if that has something to do with the POI shift or not. Ive been debating on weather or not to send it back to Silencerco / SWR to have them look at it. Any opinions?

I can't help but notice that all the suppressors mentioned in the beginning were tested but the surefire, what happened there? I was going back and forth between the two, I have heard that the surefire is a lot louder though, any experience?

No experience with the Surefire….but I an tell you that on my 300 winmag, the Specwar suppresses it well enough that I don't need ear plugs. People shooting around me can't believe that I'm shooting a magnum. And on my 6.5x47…its just stupid quiet

Anyone have a first hand review of this unit? I literally just heard of this suppressor under an hour ago and am interested but concerned over the low price.

Looking for a double duty suppressor for my MWS 308, and 11.5" sbr.

Before anyone suggest alternatives let me give some background.

Must be quick detach

I don't use surefire anymore as they don't suppress anything..do lock good though..not worth half of the asking price IMHO

I just gave up on aac after a 2 year battle with the "wiggle" baffle strikes and poor customer service

Thanks
Bench

I run mine on 300blk AR15 carbine(subsonic), 308 supersonic Bolt and semi auto and 223 supersonic carbine. The can runs great, with minimal shift of poi and no noticeable difference in accuracy. Super quiet on Blackout especially, but hearing safe (from behind the muzzle) on other calibers. I say "behind the muzzle" because I stood 3 feet in front and 5 feet to the side to take pics and got a pretty good sonic crack, especially from the 223 round. All around excellent can. I have a Harvester (and another Specwar 7.62) ordered and will compare them all when they arrive.

I run mine on 300blk AR15 carbine(subsonic), 308 supersonic Bolt and semi auto and 223 supersonic carbine. The can runs great, with minimal shift of poi and no noticeable difference in accuracy. Super quiet on Blackout especially, but hearing safe (from behind the muzzle) on other calibers. I say "behind the muzzle" because I stood 3 feet in front and 5 feet to the side to take pics and got a pretty good sonic crack, especially from the 223 round. All around excellent can. I have a Harvester (and another Specwar 7.62) ordered and will compare them all when they arrive.

Thanks for posting this info. I'm looking at the Specwar for my 300 blk SBR and was wondering if it was hearing safe for supersonic ammo

Absolutely love the specwar 7.62, mine is still in NFA jail but I have shit my buddies on his bolt gun and it is very quiet. There is definately a POI shift but it's not an issue because it's consistant and repeatable. My Saker 7.62 is also in NFA jail as well, I was able to test Fire one on my AR and I was impressed, it isn't as quiet as the Specwar but it's shorter and lighter and more versatile. Next a harvester is on my list to round out my collection of silencerco 30 cal cans and it will be a dedicated can for my new R700

Specwar 762 is great. I run one on my 7.62x39 AR and my HK33. The HK on FA. Great devices. Great service. Reasonably priced.