• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

TAB Rifle Cover

Doc1911

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2009
Orlando, FL
I am getting a new AI AW 26" 308. I "think" the rifle is 46.4" long (book measurement) - but I am not sure how long it will be with Adj Butt Plate. Is the TAB Rifle Cover Gen. II for AIs built so it can take a few extra inches, or would I be better off doing a custom size?

Thanks in advance.

Re: TAB Rifle Cover

Might shoot Tony a PM on here and ask the man himself. Tony is a great dude, i asked him Friday if he could make a sling for my wife. He made it Friday and I had it on Monday and she loves it.

Doc, our regular model rifle covers are made to fit a rifle that has an over all length of 46".

You could probably stretch it over a 46.4" rifle and be ok with it. If it's any longer than that you're going to be cussing the cover every time you put it on or take it off cause you're gonna be pulling it to get it on and off.

It's better for the cover to be 1/4" too long than 1/4" too short. If I were you and it's any longer than the 46.4 I'd go with the custom length, you'll be much happier with the end result.

I appreciate you considering TAB GEAR.

Well worth getting. You will be very happy with it. I lent mine out for someone to Test and Evaluate and it cant seem to find its way home now...hmmmm.

Thanks Shibumi. I hope you get yours back soon.

I was going to order this today, but I still do not have the complete length of the rifle, so I will be waiting till next week now, but hopefully will have it very soon.