• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Rifles

Just spoke to mike on cell w him it’s an A10 stock now a U10
Here's a Victor 51 in 6.5 Creedmore built on a Terminus Action. All the years of handling and shooting various Tac Ops rifles I've become a little jaded, but this rifle is pretty bitchin'. Do people still say "bitchin'"? As always, super smooth action with solid lockup. And of course, Tac Ops beautiful fit, finish, and attention-to-detail. See photos below...

Keith

Last edited:
Here's a Victor 51 in 6.5 Creedmore built on a Terminus Action. All the years of handling and shooting various Tac Ops rifles I've become a little jaded, but this rifle is pretty bitchin'. Do people still say "bitchin'"? As always, super smooth action with solid lockup. And of course, Tac Ops beautiful fit, finish, and attention-to-detail. See photos below...

Keith
Test target? Another beauty from Mike.

Reactions: tacops1
X-ray 51 in the wild. Shooting some 175 Creedmoor Sports lapua ammo at 760yd. 90% hits on a 14” plate. 97’ Nissan Pathfinder rear support is the ultimate seal team 69 setup.

Attachments

• 466E1523-B128-47EF-AECA-A2B3FFB2CA3E.jpeg
    466E1523-B128-47EF-AECA-A2B3FFB2CA3E.jpeg
    628.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 764594C1-942E-4CA7-A08E-639597C6AFC3.jpeg
    764594C1-942E-4CA7-A08E-639597C6AFC3.jpeg
    916.7 KB · Views: 203
  • D9D5189A-0004-4AD1-8A2F-6E170136A284.jpeg
    D9D5189A-0004-4AD1-8A2F-6E170136A284.jpeg
    804.2 KB · Views: 210

Keith
Well that turned out to be the best notification that I’ve ever received in my life.

Keith
Interesting barrel contour. Looks almost Heavy Palma. Is that an older Apollo with the separate lug?
My plans include a similar rifle but in 260.

Your Yeaaahhh was premature your platform is leaving Monday and I'll send you a Tracking number as soon as we have it ;) This X-Ray is going to Billy :cool:

Mike R.
Are you saying he suffers from premature exclamation?

That’s an early Apollo with pinned lug. The lug has been integrated on the Apollo for the last year or so. Nice build Mike.

Keith
Hi, Lovely rifle!

Whats the weight of the rifle as shown?
Barrel length?

Hi, Lovely rifle!

Whats the weight of the rifle as shown?
Barrel length?
I don't remember but probably around 10 pounds I believe the stock is carbon fiber and I believe the barrel is 20 with a MB...
It shot in the zero's with the Hornady 147 ELD's...

Mike R.

Reactions: Tokay444
That’s an early Apollo with pinned lug. The lug has been integrated on the Apollo for the last year or so. Nice build Mike.
Thank you Joel your def a Complete gentleman and a Class act. I must say your actions are beautiful and I'm sure this customer will be very pleased with the end result (s) ;) I'll be in contact soon my Ninja:cool:

Mike R.

Reactions: Joel Russo
Are you saying he suffers from premature exclamation?
Your bad lol... I think he just got excited but I spoke to him today and told him I'll have a tracking number for him in the morning he's GTG...

Mike R.

Your bad lol... I think he just got excited but I spoke to him today and told him I'll have a tracking number for him in the morning he's GTG...

Mike R.
I see your using several different actions, was this cause of what is going on with Remignton?
Also do you have to do less actual hands on work with these "higher end" actions?
At the end of the day would you consider them better than the remington 700 actions that you have prepared?
Just curious, im afraid to call cause id end up buying one.

Reactions: Stevo86
just like to let everyone know that Mike R is once again confirmed his reputation as a resource within the shooting community.

i pm'd him this morning about a non firearm related issue but in his knowledge base, and he replied with a phone number in a few hours.

very thorough explanation and advice...

thanks a lot

ps..contemplating if i should put them through abuse tests before further processes are looked into.

Keith
Damn that's sexy!

I see your using several different actions, was this cause of what is going on with Remignton?
Also do you have to do less actual hands on work with these "higher end" actions?
At the end of the day would you consider them better than the remington 700 actions that you have prepared?
Just curious, im afraid to call cause id end up buying one.
I still do some work to the custom actions and bolts as well as baking them in the oven on a cold start. Some other Smiths don’t but we do.

Would I consider them better? Not really if you’re just speaking about accuracy. Remember everything forward of the cartridge influence is most important the action is there just to support the bolt. But of course, with a custom action you get a few extras like a pretty fluted bolt, one piece rail, side bolt release and a thick lug with a cool name on the side of the receiver lol. Tac Ops uses Remington’s because they have been the working horse of the Marine Corp for over 45 plus years. When dealing with departments many years ago it wasn’t easy pushing a custom action and as far as the Remington it was a no brainer.

You were afraid to call because you’d might end up buying one?

You ever heard of a Brinks Truck follow a hearse? Lol

Call anytime and if you can’t afford a Tac Ops I will recommend a few builders that I hold in high Esteem and respect their work 100%

Mike R.

P.S. Excuse any typo's or grammer been pulling a few 20 hour days back to back.

Two X-Ray 51's inbound one going to New York ( Bullets lol ) the other the great State of TEXAS ;) Both rifles shot lights out...

Mike R.

I still do some work to the custom actions and bolts as well as baking them in the oven on a cold start. Some other Smiths don’t but we do.

Would I consider them better? Not really if you’re just speaking about accuracy. Remember everything forward of the cartridge influence is most important the action is there just to support the bolt. But of course, with a custom action you get a few extras like a pretty fluted bolt, one piece rail, side bolt release and a thick lug with a cool name on the side of the receiver lol. Tac Ops uses Remington’s because they have been the working horse of the Marine Corp for over 45 plus years. When dealing with departments many years ago it wasn’t easy pushing a custom action and as far as the Remington it was a no brainer.

You were afraid to call because you’d might end up buying one?

You ever heard of a Brinks Truck follow a hearse? Lol

Call anytime and if you can’t afford a Tac Ops I will recommend a few builders that I hold in high Esteem and respect their work 100%

Mike R.

P.S. Excuse any typo's or grammer been pulling a few 20 hour days back to back.
Thanks for the reply, working in and around machine shops, I can appreciate the level of craftmanship that go's into your work. Im working up the courage to make a purchase...LOL

Thanks for the reply, working in and around machine shops, I can appreciate the level of craftmanship that go's into your work. Im working up the courage to make a purchase...LOL
Just do it!

THIS: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My X-Ray 51 (front) & X-Ray 66 wearing their respective 45MOA Two Piece Bases and PMII 5-25[56] 0.1 MIL CCW Gen 2 XRs':

Keith

That rifle in the foreground...........
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BCX
I think the flash from my phone doesn't do it justice. Maybe it's time to break out a real camera and take some better pics. :)

Color is off in the pics for sure. I'll do a side by side with my old Lima 51.

I think Mike only took one shot at that test target!!😂 Going back to the older Birdsong green finish I see. Looks more like my X-ray 51 from 12 years ago.

Reactions: Stoweit
I think the flash from my phone doesn't do it justice. Maybe it's time to break out a real camera and take some better pics. :)

Color is off in the pics for sure. I'll do a side by side with my old Lima 51.
That really don’t show the fit, finish, and quality. I’d love to see it with your cameras 📸 . Now that you got the new rifle direct how do you like it? Was it everything I said it was ? How about that customer service too? Mikes a stand up guy for sure

Rifle is great, fit and finish is superb. Mike is a winner! Now it's time to decide on what scope to put on it :)

That really don’t show the fit, finish, and quality. I’d love to see it with your cameras 📸 . Now that you got the new rifle direct how do you like it? Was it everything I said it was ? How about that customer service too? Mikes a stand up guy for sure

Rifle is great, fit and finish is superb. Mike is a winner! Now it's time to decide on what scope to put on it :)
Thank you for the kind words and I must say it was a pleasure dealing with you during your build process...
I have a feeling we will be speaking soon regarding another platform , just don't call me when the wife is within ear shot lol ;)

Mike R.

Actually I happen to have both new in box sitting in the safe, I'll have to try one. Though, maybe something a little more compact might suit the build better. I only have the 5x25 and 27, perhaps the 4x20 ZCO would be a nice compact fit.

Tangent Theta or Zero Comp !

Reactions: tacops1 and JakeM
Actually I happen to have both new in box sitting in the safe, I'll have to try one. Though, maybe something a little more compact might suit the build better. I only have the 5x25 and 27, perhaps the 4x20 ZCO would be a nice compact fit.
I went with a S&B Exos on mine with BDC. That dot reticle is awesome, yhe BDC is awesome, the mag range is awesome but the only downside is 2nd focal. But with the range finder and BDC turret I dial up as needed and boom 💥 but I’m shooting .308 and 18” gun a tango so I keep it out to 600… that turret has 6 markers

Actually I happen to have both new in box sitting in the safe, I'll have to try one. Though, maybe something a little more compact might suit the build better. I only have the 5-25 and 27, perhaps the 4-20 ZCO would be a nice compact fit.

March 4.5-28x52 is what you seek.
Small, light, powerful.

Reactions: BuLLet
I do have one of the newer March's laying around, I'll have to take a look and see which it is... :)

Well look at that I do have one...

March 4.5-28x52 is what you seek.
Small, light, powerful.

Last edited:
I do have one of the newer March's laying around, I'll have to take a look and see which it is... :)

Well look at that I do have one...

Very nice you should mount that Bad Boy on your new X-Ray 51 and have your Son go shoot it ;) I think I might give him a job here at Tac Ops to Cert the rifles he's outstanding behind a rifle :)

Mike R.

Cool, he can be the bullet tester! That will save more all sorts of money. :)

Very nice you should mount that Bad Boy on your new X-Ray 51 and have your Son go shoot it ;) I think I might give him a job here at Tac Ops to Cert the rifles he's outstanding behind a rifle :)

Mike R.