• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tactical Assault Gear, anyone else getting hosed?

Rancid Coolaid

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 10, 2007
    Houston, TX.
    Before I piss off the masses, I'll state explicityly, I have talked with their Customer Service, I've even emailed the owner, nothing is moving.

Placed an order 27Nov09, was assured by Customer Service I'd have it by 19Feb at the very latest. Nadda. Emailed the week before 19Feb to be sure, no response. Emailed after, no response. Emailed the owner, no response.

Do they just hate me or have they folded up the tents and pursued other endeavors?

Re: Tactical Assault Gear, anyone else getting hosed?

They hate you, gets my vote.......
    grin.gif

I just got a free 1/2" thick color glossy catalog from TAG, week before last, so I suspect they are still in business, but you never know.

There kinda slow, I suspect everything is made to order, and combined with there sales they get overwhelmed.

I'd be OK with that, except for the repeated promise that I'd have it by a certain date - and I didn't have it.

Still don't have it.

No response to inquiries either.

My father worked for Leica during the last economic down turn.

As they adjusted to declining sales, they cut my father's assistant so customer service went from a 2 man shop to 1 supervisor fielding calls and assigning work to the Techs.

Most second calls turned negative unless the answer was:
    Iy's shipping today or tomorrow.

I can just imagine running a CS dept. with the internet...

Pete

I've had long delays on orders previously, up to 4 months after their sales. I would imagine this recent news is also leading to some disruptions in their operations as well ...

"TAG Purchased by LC Industries
    There is some pretty exciting news coming out of Tactical Assault Gear that they have kept under pretty tight wraps. They have been purchased by LC Industries. Additionally, Chris Osman, former owner of TAG has taken a position as Vice President of Sales for all of LCI.

LC Industries is the largest and oldest of the employers of the blind in the United States having been established in 1937. No stranger to manufacturing, LCI already operates eight other factories responsible for over 800 products including 5 gallon water and fuel cans, mattresses, chem lights, and virtually any office consumable found in your field desk.

This is a huge opportunity for the consumer as well as the Government as LCI is a non-profit entity. Their goal is not to profit but rather to employ the blind. There are many employers of non-traditional workforces in America but generally they are cut and sew outfits that build to Government spec. With the acquisition of TAG, LCI will not only be able to produce products but design them as well. Additionally, they will continue to offer the large catalog of equipment already in production. LCI operates the base service stores on 32 Army, Air Force, and Marine Corps installations where they have already begun to incorporate the TAG brand.

Big changes are also in store for TAG. Not only will they be expanding, that expansion will be to accommodate their new employees as they transition to the largest employer of the blind in California. Custom machinery is being produced to allow blind employees to integrate directly on the production floor. Combined with an aggressive quality assurance program, the user will never know who on the line produced an individual product.

For the consumer, quality will remain the same but prices have already have dropped due the non-profit nature of LC Industries. The goal of LC Industries is to ship all orders within 48 hours utilizing their two regional distribution centers located in Las Vegas and Raleigh. TAG will concentrate on productions and LCI on order processing and shipping."

http://soldiersystems.net/2010/01/17/tag-purchased-by-lc-industries/

Make your next order from So-Tech, you won't have to wait as long.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make your next order from So-Tech, you won't have to wait as long. </div></div>

True words spoken here.

Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great, so if I do ever get my order, it might be the wrong color? </div></div>

Whoa, so now you're bustin on the blind because you have not received some piece of gear?? Not cool.

I to placed an order during the thanksgiving weekend 55% off sale. I received some of it about two weeks ago and they have promissed to deliver the rest of it in two more weeks. I have been doing business with them for several years now and have never had a problem.

If they have in fact been purchased by another manufacturing company they are probabley in the middle of shifting opperations and this takes time. However that is no excuse for not keeping ones word. They have kept there word with me and I appreciate that and they rank very high in my book!

jay Seaquist

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOPO-sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rancid Coolaid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great, so if I do ever get my order, it might be the wrong color? </div></div>

Whoa, so now you're bustin on the blind because you have not received some piece of gear?? Not cool. </div></div>

I'm not bustin on the blind.

2 more emails, still nothing, not a word, nadda.

Did they charge me back when I placed the order, many months ago?

If so, the CC company will deal with it, I'm done buying anything from them. Broken promises and 5 or more unanswered emails: I can spend less money being ignored elsewhere.

never buy TAG gear from TAG directly. Take forever to get your order. I buy my TAG gear from other outlets. DSG arms in TX for example.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Balldboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Make your next order from So-Tech, you won't have to wait as long. </div></div>

True words spoken here.

Pete </div></div>

Not to mention they are active here on The Hide.....

Just sayin....

A couple other good places would be high speed gear and csm gear.
    It also seems that TAG has made some significant price increases in the last couple years, some of the stuff on their website is nearly double what they used to sell it for in their shop in Oceanside.

RC, I think that they know how you feel about Leupolds...

:)

Maybe so, still nothing, exactly nothing.

This company is dead to me.

S.O. Tech it is.

If you need something, call 1-800-615-9117, and verify it is in fact in stock. If it is in stock we should be able to get it out to you immediately.
    Due to an immense flood of custom orders, we can produce an item, but you have to get in line.
    Sorry to hear about your experience with TAG, and I will leave it at that.
    Thanks for the support, and if you should ever need anything, please feel free to call me personally.

Thank you for your time,

Phil

Just FYI, they still will not respond to any email, not a word since the promise to have my gear to me by 19Feb. Five emails later, nadda, nothing.

Credit card company has been notified, BBB has been notified, just wanted you all to know the deal: tactical Assault Gear makes good stuff, but HATES their customers. Or maybe just me. Probably just me.

Phil, I'll order from you, still need stuff, can't wait forever on the hopes that they unass themselves.

TAG update:
    Not a word from Customer Service, not a single response to any of the almost 10 emails, then yesterday I got a FedEx email saying it was on its way to me.

This could be nicest gear ever made at the best price ever offered and I will NEVER do business with them again.

Broken promises and total communication blackouts don't work for me.

RancidCoolaid,
    If there is anything you need, feel free to visit either www.specopstech.com, or www.sotechsnipergear.com and take a look at what we have to offer.
    The number for the home office/factory is 1-800-615-9007. Jay, or Neil can take your order direct, and if you have any questions, you can call me at any time.

Thanks,

Phil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RancidCoolaid,
    If there is anything you need, feel free to visit either www.specopstech.com, or www.sotechsnipergear.com and take a look at what we have to offer.
    The number for the home office/factory is 1-800-615-9007. Jay, or Neil can take your order direct, and if you have any questions, you can call me at any time.

Thanks,

Phil </div></div>

Hey Phil. Good on you for trying to help the guy out. In all honesty, Unless that TAG gear comes with a set of tits and a Free Blow Job my bet is that he orders from you next time...

Oh and Rancid, if it does happen to come with the added extras mentioned above, please share...
    smile.gif

Final thread update:

Finally got the stuff today, it is exceptional, great quality materials, great attention to detail on everything ordered.

Their stuff is first-rate.
    Their Customer Service is the absolute worst I have ever encountered (and I bought from IOR back in the dark times, in the long-long ago.)

If you can get the stuff, it is well worth the money. be prepared to get royally pissed off at Customer Service (or the lack thereof) as you wait.

My order was filled just shy of 5 months, and with no correspondence after they promised and missed the boat.